OUTDATED - rFactor 2 Hud - SimHub

Misc OUTDATED - rFactor 2 Hud - SimHub 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

FinesseSteez

Premium
FinesseSteez submitted a new resource:

rFactor 2 Hud - SimHub - SimHub Overlay for rF2

Includes two versions, one each for 1080p or 1440p setups. To install, place the appropriate folder into the SimHub installation folder which is usually: C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub.

The 'Next Screen' and Previous Screen' actions can be mapped to switch between screens on the 'FullDash' widget, showing more information that is available.

For SimHub, SimHub creations, along with SimHub customisation, troubleshooting and setup information visit:...

Read more about this resource...

I posted a kind of important update with a few quick fixes and a DRS enabled widget but it wont upload to racedepartment, which is a problem I've always had.

On the full dash widget I suggest deleting the 'Warning' folder, the feature is not that necessary anyway

Last edited:
This looks great but I am unclear on installation.
Does this require hardware or can it be just installed and enabled in rF2 ?
You need to have SimHub installed first

FinesseSteez said:

Can someone help with some clear installation instructions for rF2 ?
I have installed SimHub, added the rf2 Hud but just cannot seem to get it in the game.
I can open the rF2 Hub but it is black and not integrated when I start the game via SimHub.
The Dash Studio website screenshots are no help as I believe the interface has changed.

Can someone help with some clear installation instructions for rF2 ?
I have installed SimHub, added the rf2 Hud but just cannot seem to get it in the game.
I can open the rF2 Hub but it is black and not integrated when I start the game via SimHub.
The Dash Studio website screenshots are no help as I believe the interface has changed.
Do my instructions help at all?

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sim-hub-overlay-track-map-replacement-dx11.18007/

You need to have rf2 in windowed or borderless mode.

Then select the dotted circle on the top right after you open the dash as windowed. This will make it transparent and click through.

Cheers.

Hi Shawn,
Amazing program, are there concise instructions somewhere to get the rF2 Hub working correctly ?
On the strength of this program I finally moved my DX9 installation to DX11 and everything is running fine, just this is still not functioning properly.
I have it on the screen now (actually sporadically but the widgets are a bit too wide, settings on 1920x1080, my screen resolution, but I have now moved them inwards) but when in Simhub I get a message saying "This game needs configuration" and when I click on Instructions, it opens a Plugin folder, but thats it.
Also I get a message about Set Game Latency to 1ms in Dash Studio, how ? where ?
Sadly Google has been of no help.
Lastly, what kind of donation is expected ?
Thanks for reading !

Hi Shawn,
Amazing program, are there concise instructions somewhere to get the rF2 Hub working correctly ?
On the strength of this program I finally moved my DX9 installation to DX11 and everything is running fine, just this is still not functioning properly.
I have it on the screen now (actually sporadically but the widgets are a bit too wide, settings on 1920x1080, my screen resolution, but I have now moved them inwards) but when in Simhub I get a message saying "This game needs configuration" and when I click on Instructions, it opens a Plugin folder, but thats it.
Also I get a message about Set Game Latency to 1ms in Dash Studio, how ? where ?
Thanks for reading !

I've finally had some spare time and just updated the instructions, including editing:thumbsup:

If the plugin is installed and the HUD is working then you don't need to worry about the "This game needs configuration" message

The latency can only be set to 1ms forever in the settings with a licensed version which is received after a donation.

The donation could be anything you can afford.

Last edited:
Hi Shawn,
Thanks for reading !

Hi I will answer since it mainly concerns Simhub ;)

Concerning the plugin there is a "howto" text file in to the oppened folder . But basically you need to copy the plugin to your RF2 installation directory to get it working.
Game latency is linked to the fact that SimHub is unlicensed, Unlicensed version is restricted to 10FPS. It works just fine for most arduino dash, but may feel a bit laggy on dash studio. The donation get the donator license it is totally at your free will ;)

You can configure simhub to get full refresh speed temporary to test the whole thing and make your own opinion by going into the settings and manually lowering the latency to 1ms :
upload_2017-11-9_19-46-26.png

Hi I will answer since it mainly concerns Simhub ;)

Concerning the plugin there is a "howto" text file in to the oppened folder . But basically you need to copy the plugin to your RF2 installation directory to get it working.
Game latency is linked to the fact that SimHub is unlicensed, Unlicensed version is restricted to 10FPS. It works just fine for most arduino dash, but may feel a bit laggy on dash studio. The donation get the donator license it is totally at your free will ;)

You can configure simhub to get full refresh speed temporary to test the whole thing and make your own opinion by going into the settings and manually lowering the latency to 1ms :
View attachment 221228

Thanks for the quick reply Wotever !
Do you have a Donate button anywhere on this site (or elsewhere) ? Program is installed on a Game only PC and payment has to go via another PC.
Very interesting project though, thanks very much !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back