Rfactor 2 HP Reverb stuttering issues.

I seem to have stuttering issues in Rf2. Inconsistent stuttering on the Nordschleife full circuit running the Senna (other tracks mod or official content struggles too) , I still have to test other cars but the 720s seems to run better. Rf2 even stutters on lower settings, with or without AA enabled, also when I force reprojection... Wtf. This is extremely frustrating. My rig is a 9900k OC to 5Ghz on all cores and I've also just installed a Rtx 2080Ti. So there is no lack of horsepower at its disposal. I find the experience to be extremely frustrating. Whether I use the SteamVR beta, various super sampling settings, higher or lower graphics settings, or not, nothing seems to sort it out. Considering Pc2 runs smoothly even when reprojecting and AC with the latest shaders patch and SOL mod runs flawlessly at 90fps with a number of cars.
What use is the best physics and FFB if the rest of the experience kills it? It just feels like Rf2 is an un-oprimised mess in comparison to the VR experience in other titles.
Any ideas as I'm about to just delete it and stick with AC and Pc2 instead. Tired of spending the little time I have to race trying to get Rf2 to run properly.

It's a while since I played in VR, but I found that the Openvr .dll transformed the experience for rF2. Dunno if it's still the way to go, but maybe you could look into it. Just a suggestion.

Try using the default (non beta) SteamVR.
Make sure your Windows Updates are up to date.
Make sure there's no background programs running that could potentially hog resources.

I have a Rift CV1, but I don't use it anymore. I love the feeling of being in the car, but for me, the poor quality graphics is a deal breaker. :(
Yup, the CV1 is definitely a challenge to get used to. I found that RF2 was o.k on the CV1 but the Samsung and HP seems to be an issue. The overall user experience of the CV1 is unmatched IMO so far. Going back to it is impossible though...

I'm going through S397 at the moment looking for fixes too. Which HMD are you running?
OK, the Open VR .dll chat starts on page #76 of S397 "The VR thread", post #1505. Took me a while to find it. Whilst I was looking though, about 10 - 20 more recently, I notice the talk was about something called open composite .dll, so I'm guessing Open VR has been superseded? I don't have time to read through it all, so if you do find something, please let me know. I may give the Rift another try sometime... probably not though, but I'm interested. :)

Edit: It's Open VR .dll just renamed to Open Composite. Found the link to Gitlab download page.

Last edited:
OK, the Open VR .dll chat starts on page #76 of S397 "The VR thread", post #1505. Took me a while to find it. Whilst I was looking though, about 10 - 20 more recently, I notice the talk was about something called open composite .dll, so I'm guessing Open VR has been superseded? I don't have time to read through it all, so if you do find something, please let me know. I may give the Rift another try sometime... probably not though, but I'm interested. :)

Edit: It's Open VR .dll just renamed to Open Composite. Found the link to Gitlab download page.

Found the thread as well. Looks like the dll is Oculus specific, which sucks a tad :cry: . I messed about a little earlier and found that RF2 does not seem to initiate re-projection when it encounters frame rate drops unlike AC and PC2. It could very well be a result of their operVR implementation. So when I force re-projection via the Windows Mixed reality plugin for steamVR, it artifacts quite a bit but seems more stable. There are still some stutters but much less. The big downside to doing that is the input lag that is introduced, essentially turning RF2 into what feels like a cruise ship simulator. If I run super sampling values to be in line with the Rift S resolution, it looks so bad that one does not need motion sickness to leave a green puddle next to your rig...:sick:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.1%