rFactor 2: Historic McLarens Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
McLaren rF2 1998.jpg

Studio 397 have updated two of the recent, free McLaren Formula One cars in the simulation.

Bringing about some improvements to both the 1998 McLaren Mercedes MP4/13 and the older Ford powered MP4/8 of 1993, this is only something of a minor update for the recent content, but nevertheless a very welcomed release for what are proving to be two exceptionally popular historic Grand Prix cars recently added to this rapidly developing racing simulation.

Announced at the 2018 Sim Racing Expo in Germany, and released just days later, the ’93 and ’98 McLarens are the latest free content releases to rFactor 2, and mark a very welcome move towards increased appearances of high profile officially licenced content in recent months.

13/10/2018 McLaren Update Notes:

Mclaren MP4/13 - version 1.05
  • Updated wet tread.
  • Added new driver and animations.
  • Fixed tyre blur.
McLaren MP4/8 - version 1.07
  • Updated driver suit material.

McLaren rF2 1993.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

Are you enjoying the new McLaren content in rF2? Happy to see further updates coming to these exceptional new cars? Let us know in the comments section below!

All these efforts being overshadowed by other titles.... I wish SRS runs RF2 again, Otherwise, it's me vs AI again and again and I'm getting tired. I tried the new Mclaren car and it's a blast to drive, but with no other liveries and no ability to paint them, I think it's boring racing with same looking cars. Anyone can help me plug myself in some online racing communities?

To be honest I prefer racing against AI that resembles real racing drivers than to race against actual human idiots.

AFAIK SRS was supposed to be like an iRacing rating system, but even at the highest rating races you can't avoid first corner crashes in Nurburgring (which I assume also happens in Monza) and some really stupid moves by people which I assume have the same IQ as their age.

Still the best option to replicate real racing is to race against verified clean/smart/aggressive drivers you know in a private session where everybody cares about each other.

Other than that, AI is the second best option IMO.

I am depressingly hopeless at rfactor2,tried the indycars and felt like I was driving a monstrously powered piece of wet soap,the physics are great but the cars feel twitchy as hell and I can’t get any semblance of enjoyment with rfactor2,sorry.
I should look myself in the mirror and know I am dumb and useless at simracing even after years and years of trying and practising.

God looks after the strong I’m afraid.

All these efforts being overshadowed by other titles.... I wish SRS runs RF2 again, Otherwise, it's me vs AI again and again and I'm getting tired. I tried the new Mclaren car and it's a blast to drive, but with no other liveries and no ability to paint them, I think it's boring racing with same looking cars. Anyone can help me plug myself in some online racing communities?
Always wanted to do the Belgium '66 and EVO historic's online. :) Also the new McLaren's on some fun tracks in friendly race/drive would be cool. Should maybe have a thread over at rF2 and maybe here to announce that we are a bunch who are interested to pop online and drive. Im up for it.

there are hundreds of great leagues of all nationalities with levels much higher than what I could see on iracing, FSR, SRC, VRS, SRPG...etc... leagues specialized in endurance, open-wheel, stock cars, GT modern, old school etc...on the other hand, you have to give yourself the means, move towards others, etc...I think league is the best solution, but an iracing system and much more practical with a great freedom of game time management.
Q1 2019 to see what S397 will offer us for online race!!

I think it's boring racing with same looking cars. Anyone can help me plug myself in some online racing communities?
Here @ RD you can race with your friends.
Otherwise there are several awesome leagues you can participate .
Dont know is this against RD law or not , so i'll PM you those links.
===================
Ninja'ed by @Oldzeb :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Each to their own, but the right track/car combo nothing comes close to how RF2 makes you feel; it's blooming fantastic

I was an early adopter and purchased the game when it was available on ISI website and was left very short changed.

But S397 have taken this game to the next level; I get disappointed another week passes without something new.

Reactions: tpw

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing