rFactor 2 | GTE Content Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have released a new update to the GTE specification cars within the rFactor 2 simulation.
  • Six cars updated.
  • New build available now.
  • Fix for aero draft issue affecting some drivers.

rF2 GTE Middle.jpg

The first new content update of 2021 is here for rFactor 2, and it focuses on the GTE specification cars within the simulation.

A Key highlight from the new build is the work Studio 397 have undertaken to address an issue experienced by some drivers where the GTE cars would become too unstable when following closely behind a rival - this should have been addressed within the new build for all six cars within the GTE offering of the simulation.

Other minor updates include the ability to lock specific upgrades on a per-track basis and minor tweaks and improvements across the range of content.

Update Notes:

Aston Martin Vantage GTE v1.65

• Weight penalty reduced by 2kg for the standard package,
  • Engine power/torque output increased by 2%,
  • Tweaks to aero draft dropoff (reduces excessive oversteer in close drafting)
  • Added trackconfig.ini to upgrade.rfcmp. Aero upgrades should now be forced based on track.
BMW M8 GTE v2.19
  • Fuel tank capacity reduced by 1L (to 99L) for the standard package,
  • Added trackconfig.ini to upgrade.rfcmp. Aero upgrades should now be forced based on track.
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE v2.59
  • fuel tank capacity reduced by 2L (to 93L) for the standard package,
Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTE v1.07
  • Adjusted LOD distances for tires
Ferrari 488 GTE v1.91
  • Fuel tank capacity reduced by 3L (to 87L) for the standard package,
Porsche 991 RSR GTE v2.55

Original Source: Studio 397 forum.

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

rF2 GTE Footer.jpg

I am not getting this. Where do I get these cars? Are they all separate D/L, or a pack? My file say's that I have the 991 RSR GTE 2017, but it doesn't show up in the game. So, where do I find these at?
First check in the Steam inventory pages: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/missing-dlc-tutorial.62565/ (the first step of that tutorial will get you there) Ensure you have the GTE 911 and not the GT3 variant, or the GT3 CUP. Then in rF2, look under Porsche. Remember, just having the Porsche will not get you in Multiplayer servers that have all the GTE/GT3 cars installed. Your inventory must match the server's inventory. If they only had the RSR then you would be good to join, but if the server also had the Aston, Ferrari, Corvette etc, you would need to match that list exactly.

First check in the Steam inventory pages: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/missing-dlc-tutorial.62565/ (the first step of that tutorial will get you there) Ensure you have the GTE 911 and not the GT3 variant, or the GT3 CUP. Then in rF2, look under Porsche. Remember, just having the Porsche will not get you in Multiplayer servers that have all the GTE/GT3 cars installed. Your inventory must match the server's inventory. If they only had the RSR then you would be good to join, but if the server also had the Aston, Ferrari, Corvette etc, you would need to match that list exactly.

Thanks, but I don't seem to have the GTE 911.

Last edited:
Will this help me get under 2mins at Sebring?
I share the same frustration at Sebring - but I think it's mostly me and I need to find the time in my driving. I watched a video by Ermin Hermedovic (apologies if I misspelled) and with the default setup in the C8.R he did a 1:59.3 on his first flying lap. Then with setup changes (that he shared in the video) he did a 1:58.5. For me, default setup in the C8 at Sebring feels like an understeery mess and I'm usually somewhere in the 2:03's. I tried his setup and was a little quicker (though the point of his video was actually to highlight supposed flaws in RF2 physics, and theoretically the changes he made shouldn't have worked), but my best time so far at Sebring in the C8.R (or any GTE) with a setup I'm tinkering with is still only 2:01.6. But, watching a guy do a 1:59.3 right after his out lap with the default setup and I can't get within 2 seconds of it after dozens of laps tells me I need more than setup work. I don't know if Ermin is a really fast guy or not, and I'm certainly no alien, and yeah he had a DD wheel and I don't, etc. but I don't think that's going to account for 2+ seconds. I just need to figure out where I'm slow and work on it.

Contrast Sebring with Daytona (mod track, obviously) in the C8.R and I thought the default setup felt pretty decent, not understeer like at Sebring, and in my first practice set the fastest GTE time at that track I've ever run (which still probably isn't that good, but best for me). So... I guess Sebring is just tough?

The sound of that new Vette is disappointing, sounds like a muffed turbo engine.

Agreed, but so does the real car. I Don't think they've quite nailed the sound in RF2 but I've only heard the real thing on TV, and it's nothing like the old ones unfortunately. Flat plane crank engine, so it's going to sound very different. Especially in the early races, even the TV announcers were saying it doesn't sound like a Corvette. Ironically the road car now sounds better than the race car! The C8.R engine is supposedly based on the upcoming Z06 version of the road car.

So, the only way to get that Porsche is to buy the Endurance pack? I am not seeing where to get this pack with the Porsche.

Last edited:
Are you saying that I need to buy the Endurance Pack to get the Porsche 991 GTE?
You can purchase either the single car as the supplied link shows but if you intend to race online it's best to purchase the Endurance Bundle.

Last edited:
Fairly, no really dumb to buy separate when you get another 6 cars for $8.75AU .........$1.45AU each

I got the one that I wanted,don't race online. The Porsche engine sound inside the car doesn't seem to sound that great though. Thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited:
I share the same frustration at Sebring - but I think it's mostly me and I need to find the time in my driving. I watched a video by Ermin Hermedovic (apologies if I misspelled) and with the default setup in the C8.R he did a 1:59.3 on his first flying lap. Then with setup changes (that he shared in the video) he did a 1:58.5. For me, default setup in the C8 at Sebring feels like an understeery mess and I'm usually somewhere in the 2:03's. ...

Ermin isn't the most honest person regarding setups I would say. For example he did 'an amazing' quick Time Trial lap with the Sigma in AMS2, was showing his setup, but 'forgot' to say, that switching the softs to mediums was the actual trick to go so quick. Reiza fixed this bug soon after and after his lap-time got beaten by several others that were aware of the bug.

With the GTE he very likely did the same method: The real trick is to use the low-aero-drag package, which is much faster than the standard and on every track. Michi Hoyer did a comparison some days ago about how quicker it is around Imola. His normal Imola-setup seems also very reasonable and he's driving common camber- and toe-settings with rather more than less.

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in. I finally got a chance to try out the c8r, I purchased it during the sale but have been too busy to give it a go. My goodness that was some of the most fun I've ever had in rfactor 2. I just did some hotlapping with bots on VIR. Wow, lovely car, I didn't do any setup, just found the desired ffb level with my wheel. Damn I wish we had an rf2 club for the North Americas on this site.

Damn I wish we had an rf2 club for the North Americas on this site.

Anything is possible, but one would need both a dedicated US-staff and a userbase to start up with. The Aussies does it with their one race a week (alternating between rF2 and AMS). I mean, I wish we had both staff enough, and enough activity to push on with a race a day in rF2 :)

Anything is possible, but one would need both a dedicated US-staff and a userbase to start up with. The Aussies does it with their one race a week (alternating between rF2 and AMS). I mean, I wish we had both staff enough, and enough activity to push on with a race a day in rF2 :)
Maybe someday. If there were enough people interested I would love to host something like that. Both the Aussie times and European times aren't possible for me except for on the weekends if I plan to either be up very early or late.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 137 13.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.7%