rFactor 2 | GTE Content Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have released a new update to the GTE specification cars within the rFactor 2 simulation.
  • Six cars updated.
  • New build available now.
  • Fix for aero draft issue affecting some drivers.

rF2 GTE Middle.jpg

The first new content update of 2021 is here for rFactor 2, and it focuses on the GTE specification cars within the simulation.

A Key highlight from the new build is the work Studio 397 have undertaken to address an issue experienced by some drivers where the GTE cars would become too unstable when following closely behind a rival - this should have been addressed within the new build for all six cars within the GTE offering of the simulation.

Other minor updates include the ability to lock specific upgrades on a per-track basis and minor tweaks and improvements across the range of content.

Update Notes:

Aston Martin Vantage GTE v1.65

• Weight penalty reduced by 2kg for the standard package,
  • Engine power/torque output increased by 2%,
  • Tweaks to aero draft dropoff (reduces excessive oversteer in close drafting)
  • Added trackconfig.ini to upgrade.rfcmp. Aero upgrades should now be forced based on track.
BMW M8 GTE v2.19
  • Fuel tank capacity reduced by 1L (to 99L) for the standard package,
  • Added trackconfig.ini to upgrade.rfcmp. Aero upgrades should now be forced based on track.
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE v2.59
  • fuel tank capacity reduced by 2L (to 93L) for the standard package,
Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTE v1.07
  • Adjusted LOD distances for tires
Ferrari 488 GTE v1.91
  • Fuel tank capacity reduced by 3L (to 87L) for the standard package,
Porsche 991 RSR GTE v2.55

Original Source: Studio 397 forum.

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

rF2 GTE Footer.jpg

Very cool. Hoping we can get some cockpit graphics/shader updates for the cars so that they look more like the Ferrari as well.

Good update, yes, but please also update the interior of the cars to the new graphics standards
like we have with the Ferraris and the Bentley. Most users would love them and GTE competition
at Spa, Sebring and some other nice tracks will be much more attractive for everybody.

Great to see this upgrade, but would also love to see the cockpit interiors upgraded (to Ferrari standard).

Then you don't have the Porsche GTE. Probably what you saw wwas the update for the car IF you had it in your inventory. Since you did not, it was not applied.

So, the only way to get that Porsche is to buy the Endurance pack? I am not seeing where to get this pack with the Porsche.

Last edited:
We will never get the cockpits (including the driver model) of the older DLC updated do we? It's really a shame because the updated tracks and cars look pretty good, then you fire the older DLC content (paid) and it's such a dissapointment with the interior of the cars looking like some game from 15 years ago.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Rfactor2 and have bought every DLC (except for the electric stuff), I just wished this game would have a more coherent graphical quality across all of it's content so we would have a good coherent base game with the same quality across all It's DLC.

I am not getting this. Where do I get these cars? Are they all separate D/L, or a pack? My file say's that I have the 991 RSR GTE 2017, but it doesn't show up in the game. So, where do I find these at?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%