rFactor 2 | GTE BOP Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have released a new Balance of Performance (BOP) update to the GTE specification cars within the simulation.

The new update was released to Steam earlier this evening, adding various performance levelling updates to a number of cars within the simulation - from changes to weight penalties to various new default setups for a number of the vehicles.

As GTE content for rFactor 2 is held within the Steam platform, the new update should automatically download for players who already own the content the next time they restart their Steam client.

Update Notes:

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE v2.47

• Fix for wrong default differential preload
  • New default setup
  • Qualification fuel map as new default.
Aston Martin Vantage GTE v1.57
  • Added +5kg weight penalty
  • New default setup
  • Small adjustment to fuel consumption
  • Qualification fuel map as new default
  • Small adjustment to engine torque/power output
  • Downforce and drag
  • Corrections to damper travel in both directions (mainly on rebound, but also very minor to bump stops).
  • Fix for camber adjustment step (now it’s 0.1 deg) Note: this change will require corrections for camber angles in existing setups.
BMW M8 GTE v2.07
  • New default setup
  • Small adjustment to downforce.
Porsche 991 RSR GTE 2.47
  • New default setup
  • Small adjustment to engine torque/power output and downforce.
Ferrari 488 GTE v1.67
  • New default setup
  • Fixed fuel tank (was 93L, should be 90L)
  • Small adjustment to engine torque/power output.

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know how to get the most from rFactor 2? Got a burning question about the simulation? No worries, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread today!

footer.jpg

Last edited:
Studio 397 have released a new Balance of Performance (BOP) update to the GTE specification cars within the simulation.

The new update was released to Steam earlier this evening, adding various performance levelling updates to a number of cars within the simulation - from changes to weight penalties to various new default setups for a number of the vehicles.

As GTE content for rFactor 2 is held within the Steam platform, the new update should automatically download for players who already own the content the next time they restart their Steam client.

Update Notes:

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE v2.47

• Fix for wrong default differential preload
  • New default setup
  • Qualification fuel map as new default.
Aston Martin Vantage GTE v1.57
  • Added +5kg weight penalty
  • New default setup
  • Small adjustment to engine torque/power output
  • Downforce and drag
  • Corrections to damper travel in both directions (mainly on rebound, but also very minor to bump stops).
  • Fix for camber adjustment step (now it’s 0.1 deg) Note: this change will require corrections for camber angles in existing setups.
BMW M8 GTE v2.07
  • New default setup
  • Small adjustment to downforce.
Porsche 991 RSR GTE 2.47
  • New default setup
  • Small adjustment to engine torque/power output and downforce.
Ferrari 488 GTE v1.67
  • New default setup
  • Fixed fuel tank (was 93L, should be 90L)
  • Small adjustment to engine torque/power output.

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know how to get the most from rFactor 2? Got a burning question about the simulation? No worries, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread today!

View attachment 403570
I like they keep updating/fixing some old content instead of just releasing new cars.
Only tried Porsche and then Aston with default setups so far.
I'm surprised how much more grip Aston has - to the point I was easily 5 seconds quicker on Nurburgring (Combined with Nords layout). I wonder why such difference.
I don't think it only comes down to driving style, but with Porsche, tires definitely tend to overheat more.

Yes it's pretty good fun. Nice mix of detail without it being too tough on the PC hardware.

I may have lost track of time, but I think the last generation of DTM was about a year ago so they still make content but agreed I would have liked them to have updated the LMP1 cars as I liked racing in them.

Having purchased both versions i am hoping they update the Rfactor 2 version to mirror the AC version. Fingers crossed.

Hi, I really looked in every forum, and it seems i´m the only one complaining about the following: The gt3 cars, are faster then the gte cars. In Nordschleife, they just run away from me, even in a straight, I´m unable to follow them. With the Porsche RSR GTE. Also, compared with other sims, they lack corner traction. I´m faster with a Porsche GT3, than with a GTE, in the same circuit.

No you are not the only one. It has been a topic for almost 2 years.( Since the Virtual24hr BOP) There is some discussion about just which GT3 series is being modeled. Definitely not the IMSA GT3/D cars they are several seconds slower at every track. The SRO GT3s do not race against GTE so no direct comparison from the same track on the same day.
I believe S397 is more concerned about online balancing vs single player. Thus they do not spend time slowing down the GT3 field if they have adjusted the GTE field. And no balancing will work at every track so there will always be some random mixing of categories. But it should be a much more definite distinction between the two classes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%