rFactor 2 | Formula E Updates Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have dropped a new bunch of Formula E related updates to rFactor 2, addressing a few outstanding issues and updating four of the tracks and the 2021 Gen2 Formula E car.

The new updates are all available to download now, and cover the paid Gen2 car and Hong Kong, New York and Berlin E-Prix street circuits, plus the free Electric Docks Formula E Test Track available via the Steam Workshop.

Formula E Updates 2.jpg

In terms of the updates themselves, various aspects of each circuit have been addressed with these new builds, from minor artwork changes to the trackside signage, to the more substantial tweaks and improvements to various aspects of the venues - details of which can be found in the update notes below:

Hong Kong E-Prix v1.83
  • Fixed: Pit official SCN error.
  • Fixed: Cut Detection Issues.
  • Fixed: Minor Material Updates to Road Surfaces.
  • Fixed: Various material errors.
  • Minor Advertisement Updates.
Berlin E-Prix v.1.25
  • Fixed :Closed terrain gaps, new rrbins, fixed lines mapping.
  • Fixed: Hat collision on two objects.
  • Fixed: Pitworker animation.
  • Fixed: irradSpecular and refmap texture flag issues.
  • Fixed: Cut Detection Issues.
  • Fixed: Minor Material Updates to Road Surfaces.
  • Moved Atmospherics to GDB file.
  • Minor Advertisement Updates.
New York E-Prix v.1.19
  • Fixed: Pit officials animation update
  • Fixed: irradSpecular and refmap texture flag issues
  • Fixed: Set atmospherics
  • Fixed: Cut Detection Issues
  • Fixed: Minor Material Updates to Road Surfaces
  • Reduced bumpiness in TDF
  • Rdt balancing
  • More safe cut settings
  • Minor Advertisement Updates
Formula E Test Track v2.19
  • Fixed: Much stricter track cut detection.
  • Fixed: Camera at SF not able to see down pitlane.
  • Fixed: various collision issues.
  • Fixed: Start light issue.
  • Fixed: Wall shadow issues.
  • Regenerated RRBIN.
  • FE Advertisement updates.
  • Adjusted default session times.
  • Updated Crowds.
  • Added Digital Flags.
  • Road Material updates.
  • Reworked barriers around chicanes.
  • Tightened up T1 Chicane.
  • Revised Cut Corridors.
  • Updated Advertisements.
  • Replaced Tyre Stacks with TecPro.
Gen2 Formula E Car v1.37
  • Updated liveries based on manufacturer feedback

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a place to discuss all the latest news and conversation about the world of rFactor 2 - start up a thread today!

Formula E Updates 3.jpg
Formula E updates 4.jpg

Last edited:
I wish they focused a little bit more on endurance,.
That's where this game really shines, couldn't care less about the F-E content...
hopefully there is another le mans virtual with hopefully more content this year
It's nice to have an alternative like Formula E. But it's just that something else to watch when F1 isn't on.

As you said Endurance racing is amazing on this game. I wished they focused more on that then FE.

Last edited:
It's nice to have an alternative like Formula E. But it's just that something else to watch when F1 isn't on.

As you said Endurance racing is amazing on this game. I wished they focused more on that then FE.

I wish Formula E sounded better and I'd watch it more. The noise is just annoying. Maybe superimpose some V12s over it or something! :)

Bought the car and drove it like 3 times, never touch again. The cars were nowhere as fun as the GT or prototypes.

Nothing to do with sound, it's more like it handles like fast accelerating large go karts that are pretty boring to drive.

I also haven't driven it a lot, but thats mostly because I am mostly immersed in my own physics I make plus I am more into historics.

I wanted to mention that by judging some RL onboards, those cars looks like they are actually rather exciting to drive. IMO the tracks are rather monotonic and similar, except few of them which looks rather fun like Berlin or Rome. Can't comment on rF2 cars since I have driven them so little, but I also haven't seen them being driven in as exciting way as in some RL onboards of pole positions and so...

In 10 years, your beloved GT3/GTE cars will be historic cars.
So you'd better get used to it.

Thats absolutely true lol I remember I laughed so much, when one guy unironically referred to Nismo GT3 as a historic, and that happened more than a year ago.

One question begs to be asked - why must we limit ourselves to imitate what is raced in the present ? In simulation there is no limit what and where to race... Well, we mustn't, but we do. Why ?

I know the answer.

Why is it that so many folks used to love the sound that KIT from nightrider made, now everyone hates this sort of sound coming from a car? Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a V8 or a Straight 6 but, I think this sounds pretty cool to! Kinda happy we've got both!

They didn't love the sound. They loved the idea of a machine doing what people tell it to do instead of the reality in which it is the other way round:)

Feels like an episode of "The Brady Bunch", "Marsha Marsha Marsha" (Electric Electric Electric!). :p :D

I normally embrace new tech but, I don't think I'll ever get used to all the "Whining" of the new age. Big Torque is so much less exciting when not accompanied by the sound of Raw Power. I have my feet firmly planted in "Old School" this time. Thankfully, we still have the luxury of choice.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 226 13.9%