rFactor 2 FFB transfer to SCE possible ?

Tobbe Bergman

@Simberia
I downloaded the rFactor 2 Demo and wow that's the FFB I'd like to have in SCE.

Is this possible by transferring files etc etc since it is a similar game engine ?

Any help will be appreciated !

THANKS !

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a saying in german, i'll try to translate it without losing the punch behind it:
ISI are also only cooking with water.

And "water" stands for the gMotor2 sourcecode in that context.
Sure, you can say that rF2 operates on the 2.5 engine, but do you really want to argue that GSCE is using the stock gMotor2 engine? ;)
It will be super exciting seeing what the guys at Reiza can do now that they have direct access to the sourcecode and aren't limited by code injection anymore.

funny i just added to a thread in ISI forums saying i get friustrated with rf2 ffb! its all loose and sloppy at low speeds on my wheel, and i have to raise the caster to make it feel like gsc ffb.

please reiza dont aim the ffb to be for direct drive wheels like ISI have.i know the ffb is supposed to be replicated realistically in rf2, but sometimes it doesnt just feel right. I prefer a better ffb feeling than a replicated down to numbers.

Last edited:
t300 gte..

rf2 is made for DD wheels to handle the wider range of ffb thats why the indy cars were fubar at slow speeds and the caster fix sorted them out on lower wheels.

that's same caster adjustment and added min force has altered my view of the ffb on my wheel now. It feels good with that new stock car..

Last edited:
Dan, the STS should help. What would also help would be an easy way of adjusting (lowering, for your issue) the car's "max nominal torque" or whatever it's called. It's basically a value the car maker/modder decides which determines the range of output forces of that particular car. ISI must have set it quite high (relative to "mainstream" wheels) for some cars. ATM, the only way to override that value is if you use an STC (steering torque capability) which is even higher than the particular car's "max nominal torque," however, that would make things worse for this particular case because doing so would make the output range of forces even wider still (that's why using the STC to specify your wheel's torque setting is only really meant for DD servo wheels, and only has an effect if it's value is higher than the parricular car's "max nominal torque" value).

at some point in the future we're going to look at some major FFB improvements.
I hope some core physics engine improvements as well (aside from particular "features" like flat-spots/ grass/dirt pickup, marlbes/rubbering-in, etc.).

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing