rFactor 2 Fanatec steering wheel problem

I have a Fanatec CSW 2.5.

Its fine in Aseeto Corsa, Project Cars 2 and Dirt 4 however in rFactor 2 there is a probelm

I am currently rasing at Assen in Porsche 962c and sometimes the Mazda.

As soom as I select race the wheel rocks left to right, see video:

Like I say its only RF2 so dont think its a wheel fault. Any ideas or suggestions please

I'm far away from my pc, but I think that you have to check the ffb adjustments. There is a slide that is selected with +100% or -100%. Try to invert it. (Sorry if I'm mistaken here, but I'm almost sure it is like rf1 that has this option)
There is another thing, when you hold the wheel the problem persists? Sometimes you just need to hold the wheel and start moving and the problem is gone.

Hi @Petro1head . It was me racing slowly at the back in the Group C race at Assen tonight until we had an electricity powercut!!

I too had the strong oscillations from my OSW wheel in the 962C. Did you resolve your problem? I've not had this in the other cars I've driven in rF2. I turned down the multiplier to 0.5 which reduced the strength of the oscillations, but they were still there.

Hi @Petro1head . It was me racing slowly at the back in the Group C race at Assen tonight until we had an electricity powercut!!

I too had the strong oscillations from my OSW wheel in the 962C. Did you resolve your problem? I've not had this in the other cars I've driven in rF2. I turned down the multiplier to 0.5 which reduced the strength of the oscillations, but they were still there.

Have you tried modifying your Controller.json file? You can find this at the location stated but make a copy of it first as a back up. steamapps/common/rfactor2/userdata/player/

Open your Conroller.json with notepad.

Scroll down to "Steering effects strength" and set to -10000, (Default is 10000,)

Then scroll down to "Use thread": and set to true, (Default is false,)

Save the file and give it a go.

In game you've correctly reduced the FFB multiplyer to 0.5 which should be fine assuming Simucube 'Overall Strength" is set to around 100%.

Turn Smoothing (in game) up to 10 or more (I run at 15) which provides a more rubbery road surface feel in my opinion.

And without teaching you to suck eggs, make sure you're steering wheel range matches that set up in SimuCube.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Have you tried modifying your Controller.json file? You can find this at the location stated but make a copy of it first as a back up. steamapps/common/rfactor2/userdata/player/

Open your Conroller.json with notepad.

Scroll down to "Steering effects strength" and set to -10000, (Default is 10000,)

Then scroll down to "Use thread": and set to true, (Default is false,)

Save the file and give it a go.

In game you've correctly reduced the FFB multiplyer to 0.5 which should be fine assuming Simucube 'Overall Strength" is set to around 100%.

Turn Smoothing (in game) up to 10 or more (I run at 15) which provides a more rubbery road surface feel in my opinion.

And without teaching you to suck eggs, make sure you're steering wheel range matches that set up in SimuCube.

Good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to reply @Steve D . I already have a fully modified Controller.json file, including those mentioned above. SimuCUBE always at 100%, different profiles for different cars' steering range and usually FFB multiplier about 0.5. Many cars (Oreca 07, DW11, Caterham 7, USF2000, Skip Barber etc) feel great, but occasionally I come across a car in which the FFB feels odd, the Porsche 962c being one of them. I usually have smoothing about 5 to 8 for my small Mige with Biss-C, but will play around with it to see if it helps. Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back