rfactor 2 f1 replica mods

Hi. In rfactor there were f1 mods e.g. the 1991 mod with classic Senna Honda, WIlliams etc

In rfactor 2, I found Senna's mclaren but are there any more recent mods which were any good (f1)
I thought Rian Speed made one for rfactor 2. Have I completely got mixed up ?

I know there is a 2013 F1 mod in development by a club. A French outfit if I remember correctly.
Anyway, I think they said it will ready in a few weeks for their league, and after that they may make it available to the public.
It's on the ISI forum in the mods section.

And the 88 Mclaren MP4/4 mod is pure awesomeness. I'm surprised its not linked on RD actually ;)

I know there is a 2013 F1 mod in development by a club. A French outfit if I remember correctly.
Anyway, I think they said it will ready in a few weeks for their league, and after that they may make it available to the public.

And the 88 Mclaren MP4/4 mod is pure awesomeness. I'm surprised its not linked on RD actually ;)
sounds nice. will it have all of the paint jobs for every car or just one?

How have you got the '88 Mclaren working? All im getting now is 'Not Installable - Missing virtual cmp Clio_PC v1.0. Iv installed and updated all the tracks i need?

I cant find anything other than the already installed Clio Cup on t'internet and its driving me nuts.

I had a similar problem trying to install the RD mods for the Racing Club events.

I hope when the final game is released that ISI drop this horrible Mod Manager and just give us the sim like GTR2, never had problems with that, aside from that MASSIVE track using all my memory!!

How have you got the '88 Mclaren working? All im getting now is 'Not Installable - Missing virtual cmp Clio_PC v1.0. Iv installed and updated all the tracks i need?

I cant find anything other than the already installed Clio Cup on t'internet and its driving me nuts.

I had a similar problem trying to install the RD mods for the Racing Club events.

I hope when the final game is released that ISI drop this horrible Mod Manager and just give us the sim like GTR2, never had problems with that, aside from that MASSIVE track using all my memory!!

Hmm, I don't remember having any difficulties installing it. I think the 'Clio_PC' refers to the yellow Pace Car/Safety Car you see sitting at the pit exit on particular tracks, rather than the Clio Cup mod itself (if that makes sense). Its probably a component within the Clio rfmod.

It may be worth going to your install folder, deleting all the files which relate to the Clio Cup/Clio_PC and the Mclaren, and then installing the packages fresh via Modmanager.
I seem to remember there being an issue when the Clio was updated. But as I said, the Mclaren install for me was smooth, so I had no need to look at the pre-reqs.

I am at work at the moment, but I will certainly look at my install tonight and try and give you some help.

Yeah demo using Formula Reiza sound (GSC) without permission and ISI Formula Master physics. So basically they are trying to sell other people work package with new 3D model.... NOT cool imo.
Hang on! The new sims on the block actively encourage modding, what's the problem? How many mods are built from the ground up? Most mods are variations of a previous one.
2euro for the entire 2013 season liveries is hardly ripping anyone off is it? whatever way you look at it, a lot of work goes into something like this. If it's no good I won't buy it, if it's illegal I wont buy it. Other than that I can't see what the problem is?

Well here is my setup for the Mclaren mod, no influence from the Clio PC at all:

2vjwifl.png

Not the Senna, but I had a few custom rfmods which say they were missing the Clio PC so I have just deleted them and will make fresh ones so they dont include it.

See my Senna mod is v3.0, yours is 1.0 and is called Senna Brianza, mine is just Senna88.

Just downloaded the same version you have and bingo, it works!

Attachments

• 2013-03-09 11_29_25-rfactor 2 f1 replica mods _ RaceDepartment Forums.png
    2013-03-09 11_29_25-rfactor 2 f1 replica mods _ RaceDepartment Forums.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 685
Yeah demo using Formula Reiza sound (GSC) without permission and ISI Formula Master physics. So basically they are trying to sell other people work package with new 3D model.... NOT cool imo.

hmm, i can't fault people trying to offer a quality product at a low cost. regardless if they have built on existing foundations, they have taken a product a step further at little profit to themselves - time is money remember and a lot of time has been invested.
which programming companies don'tsteal ideas from each other? f1 car designers blatantly copy each other .
at the forefront of this mod is the user - modders work to provide the best experience. which codemasters could learn from![/quote]

See my Senna mod is v3.0, yours is 1.0 and is called Senna Brianza, mine is just Senna88.

Just downloaded the same version you have and bingo, it works!

Ah looks like you were running a rfmod that someone else had put together which included the same 3 original essential cmps that mine has, plus extra tracks and other cmps that are now obsolete which were causing you the problems.

Glad I could help, enjoy!

Hopefully F1Ligue get legal rights sorted out, but I'm not sure if they converted (read: stole) the models and sounds before they asked for a permission (if they have asked). I would sort of deal with it if it was a free mod, but they are asking for a price? Even if it's just 2€ it is still stealing and selling it onwards.
For those thinking taking stuff from corporations, modders etc. isn't a big deal, remember what happened to Enduracers, they were nearly pwnd by Porsche, just because they used the Porsche name without a permission.

Hopefully F1Ligue get legal rights sorted out, but I'm not sure if they converted (read: stole) the models and sounds before they asked for a permission (if they have asked). I would sort of deal with it if it was a free mod, but they are asking for a price? Even if it's just 2€ it is still stealing and selling it onwards.
For those thinking taking stuff from corporations, modders etc. isn't a big deal, remember what happened to Enduracers, they were nearly pwnd by Porsche, just because they used the Porsche name without a permission.

i don't understand all the ins and outs of this piracy thing. a couple of hours a go, i read some guy was modding the existing "croft". How is it different? I'm not sure. i thought there were loads of mods in rfactor and nobody got sued until enduroracers?

i don't understand all the ins and outs of this piracy thing. a couple of hours a go, i read some guy was modding the existing "croft". How is it different? I'm not sure. i thought there were loads of mods in rfactor and nobody got sued until enduroracers?

I think Croft is a new version by the original author feels3.

Anyhow, going back to the F1 mod, I'm using the ISI forum as a measure of legality seeing as they are allowing the thread to exist on their official forum.

1. Tim Wheatley from ISI had confirmed that any original game content ISI don't want modded would be encrypted. You can see on the thread he addresses this issue directly with F1ligue.
2. Whether the skins on the car breach F1 copyright I guess is something F1ligue need to concern themselves with. It is certainly up to F1 to police this not the average gamer.
3. If you think the hard work F1ligue have put into this (and other free mods they have produced) is worth it, then pay them the 2 euro for it. If you don't, or you are losing sleep about the legality of it, then leave it alone.

I think Croft is a new version by the original author feels3.

Anyhow, going back to the F1 mod, I'm using the ISI forum as a measure of legality seeing as they are allowing the thread to exist on their official forum.

Cheers. think you've summed that up nicely!
Now where's the link for that 2 euro game? :)
1. Tim Wheatley from ISI had confirmed that any original game content ISI don't want modded would be encrypted. You can see on the thread he addresses this issue directly with F1ligue.
2. Whether the skins on the car breach F1 copyright I guess is something F1ligue need to concern themselves with. It is certainly up to F1 to police this not the average gamer.
3. If you think the hard work F1ligue have put into this (and other free mods they have produced) is worth it, then pay them the 2 euro for it. If you don't, or you are losing sleep about the legality of it, then leave it alone.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%