rFactor 2 demo won't open

Hey guys,
When I introduced myself in the Introduction section, I asked about Aussie V8 Supercar games and someone suggested a mod for rfactor2.
I thought I would give rfactor2 a try and downloaded the demo. The graphics looked really bad so I uninstalled it.
Then I saw some screen shots of the game and thought, well....maybe the graphics need to be turned up (I have 2 HD6970's in crossfire) and play in Eyefinity.
So I re-installed the demo.
double clicked the icon. - nothing.
Tried running it as administrator - nothing.
uninstalled it.
re-installed as administrator
double clicked the icon - run as administrator - nothing.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
It's a rare bug, but it happens sometimes.

If you open your windows task manager, it's possible you'll see a "rFactor Launcher.exe" running in the back ground preventing you from opening rF2. Terminate that process in windows task manager or just reboot your PC.

Good luck and have fun.

I cleaned my registry, re-downloaded the demo and it installed and I "think" it worked? Not sure. It installed fine. Double clicked icon, I saw a window open (but empty) and then the game disabled 2 of my monitors and I never saw anything else. I'm guessing it opened on one of the monitors that was disabled.

These problems just to play a demo? I could just imagine the bugs in the full version.

Between the screenshots of the 80's IMSA carset and the Australian V8 supercars, i wanted to give this a go.

But for $85.00 and so far "No install and play" I think i'll pass.

okay - I guess 3rd time's the charm.

Thought you might find this comical.
https://www. youtube.com/watch?v=Myq8CtXL1-Y&feature=youtu.be
make sure to remove the space after "www." I put in the link. Otherwise, the video shows up in this chat and that is against the rules, I believe.

Sorry the information at the end of the video was incorrect.
This video was taken while in windowed mode and using 1 video card with the graphics settings maxed out. Which explains the video freezing/lag/stutter whatever you call it.

Later, I changed to fullscreen mode and was able to use both video cards in crossfire.
But they were both running at 100%. Video stutter/freezing stopped.

I did have a few bugs pop up, but they went away after I restarted the game.
1) The audio (engine) sounded like computer generated noise initially.
2) I had alot of jagged edges in the game play video, but I think 1 of my video cards is not working properly. It doesn't seem to show up in the recorded video though.

I thought it would be difficult to learn a new driving model. But rFactor 2 feels really good.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%