rFactor 2 | December Development Roadmap

Nov 15, 2013
When are they going to update the Sky shader for their graphics engine ?, it looks horrible and doesn't do justice to the improved track/cars shaders.

Reactions: passenger

MarcG

1000RPM
Premium
Jun 17, 2011
Thank you S397, it's been an incredible year for RF2 & Sim racing in general alongside the unfortunate events outside, being able to race my fave Sims and watch them grow has been great fun this year. This Sim in particular is developing nicely, thanks for the Look Back style of Roadmap, glad to see not every month is the same and that for just this month you've done something a bit different.

See'ya in 2021

Ace King

500RPM
Oct 4, 2009
the Nurburgring tanks my fps around the garages.
This may help:

Last edited:
Reactions: simvalek and Shovas

pcraenme

500RPM
Premium
Jun 26, 2011
In this dark year for everyone, rFactor 2 has been a bright star. It has been a historic year for rF2 with lots of high quality new content, graphic improvements and the fantastic virtual 24 hours of Le Mans. And the year ended with the long awaited release of the new UI including the Competition System, that promises a lot for 2021.

Thank you Studio 397 for many hours of sim racing fun in 2020! Happy new year everyone!

Last edited:

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - BLM
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
Just thinking that with an absolute commitment from S397 to 64 bit and the NEW UI they will address some, if not all, the bugs, glitches and gripes from the community this coming year. As now they don't have to consider the OLD UI and 32 bit should free up resources and plow ahead. Been a fan, if not a regular rF2 participant, for a number of years I am stocking up on the DLC in the hope 2021 is the year this sim knocks it out of the park.
Good Luck S397 I think you have alot of excited sim racers.

Last edited:

Tr0nic

50RPM
Premium
Nov 25, 2018
Thank you for all of your work and recent improvements, especially for updating some of the free tracks!

I thought a few days ago that S397 had released updates for some free tracks in a relatively short amount of time (we all love Portland? :)). So i hope they are working on other tracks too.

I would love to see an update for NOLA! :inlove:

A happy new year... cheers all! ;)

Last edited:

Alen Pecanin

500RPM
Premium
Dec 21, 2008
how is this game in VR now? I bought in in early access with life time subscription. On the CV1 it looks like, sorry to say, but sh*t even with everything on Max. I try it once every 6 months, and UI + graphics look bad. Anyone have a fix for it, or update for now? I loved rF1 and all the mods for all the years that existed, thats why I bought rF2 when it was available on release.

mrbungle83

250RPM
Premium
Apr 12, 2014
I can't wait until I get my masters in RF2 UI and Competition system, I'll be able to get a game in 7 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Sam12H

mediumdonger

10RPM
Dec 1, 2019
This may help:
Thanks, but I've already tried every single workaround, and none of them work.
It's just poor optimization on their part, as every other track works just fine.

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
Thanks, but I've already tried every single workaround, and none of them work.
It's just poor optimization on their part, as every other track works justn the fine.
Nords has a big memory leak which S397 has known about for weeks and weeks. It's probably in the
" we're aware of it, it's on the to do list, but we can't say when it'll be fixed " drawer.
Like the FCY bug, and all the other bugs that've been there since like forever...

Last edited:

TheRealCeeBee

100RPM
Jan 4, 2020
I can't wait until I get my masters in RF2 UI and Competition system, I'll be able to get a game in 7 years.
as I cannot actually get into the new ui currently, I reverted back to the old one so no competition system for me, but, having a game that actually can load is preferable currently.

Reactions: Sam12H

Shovas

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 18, 2014
as I cannot actually get into the new ui currently, I reverted back to the old one so no competition system for me, but, having a game that actually can load is preferable currently.
Try verifying your files or starting a new profile or trying a clean install

Avo77

250RPM
Dec 5, 2013
New UI is mostly fine apart from the absurd priority on multiplayer when trying to start a race. It forces the painfully slow search for servers even if you just want to start a single player race.
At least it should remember the latest choice as any f*king software since the eighties.

It would require 5 minutes of coding but it's there since months...

Just crazy.

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
New UI is mostly fine apart from the absurd priority on multiplayer when trying to start a race. It forces the painfully slow search for servers even if you just want to start a single player race.
At least it should remember the latest choice as any f*king software since the eighties.

It would require 5 minutes of coding but it's there since months...

Just crazy.
Cut them some slack, they've only been working on it for four years :)