rFactor 2 | Chevrolet Corvette C8.R Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed the new for 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTE will be coming to the simulation this month, alongside the already announced Cadillac DPi prototype machine.
  • 2020 Corvette C8.R to release this month.
  • The 'Vette joins the IMSA DPi Cadillac as new December content.
  • Onboard lap of Cadillac revealed.
Corvette_C8R_2020_01.jpg

In further good news for rFactor 2 fans, Studio 397 have this morning taken to social media to reveal another new car will be heading to the simulation this month, with the Chevrolet Corvette C8.R set to be released alongside the previously announced Cadillac DPi-V.R prototype endurance racer.

The C8.R represents the eighth generation of racing Corvette from the famous American brand, and one that has immediately proven to be successful in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, with drivers and teams honours being taken by Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor in what is the first season of racing for the mid-engined sports car.

The studio have yet to reveal an exact release date for the new machine, nor for the Cadillac prototype, although we are assured it will arrive as DLC for the simulation in advance of the Christmas holidays.

Stay tuned for more information soon.....

Cadillac_DPi_2020_05 (1).jpg

In other interesting rFactor 2 news, yesterday a first video of the Cadillac DPi in action surfaced on the Studio 397 social media channels, with real world IMSA driver Tristan Vauiter taking to the Sebring International Raceway to guide views through a lap of the famous US track - check it out below:

Original Source; Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

Corvette_C8R_2020_03.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't drive rF2 that much then why all the fuss?
I have some sims I don't drive that much and I don't buy their content and I couldn't care less if new content arrives.
I think before you can make this statement, you have to first examine the 'why' you couldn't care less aspect.
If you couldn't care less because the content is horrible, that is one thing.
If you couldn't care less because they're not getting around to fixing long-standing issues you've been begging to have addressed for years...that's another story entirely.
Rfactor2 is the latter.
I seldom launch it now because I like to race against human opponents.
The ability for me to simply join a pick-up race is probably 1 in 10, due to the way most people set up their servers.
After so much failure trying to access online sessions, I simply stopped trying.
I launch it now every few weeks to occasionally run a few hot lap.
As to buying new content....
Buying new cars and tracks at a relative premium compared to newer titles and then having unrealistic tire smoke, dust, grass etc.. break immersion, simply isn't good enough anymore.
The cars generate these things when you lock a tire, spin or simply run off track.
They need to look and act the part.
That is why it is called a simulation.

Last edited:
Make normal servers to login like AC, not leagues, and a lot of guys will be racing, this game will die with such great ffb... it is never ending story about good UI and so on, there is cars and tracks, but whom to drive? With AI, ok few times and later... it is forgetted...

Just saw this - wow, announcing the C8.R and releasing it THIS WEEK!?!?! Merry Christmas indeed.

I'm not going to argue over the pricing. Yup, they're on the expensive side relative to some other DLCs, and whether it's too much depends on your personal limit of what you're willing to pay. I can easily spend the same or more on other things that don't get as much time used per dollar, so for me it's not really a problem. I don't buy the things I'm not interested in. One thing I kind of wish was possible, is that all the cars of a class could be in the sim as AI and you can only drive the ones you buy. I tend to mostly stick to my favorite cars to drive but I still like to have a varied field of opponents, so I end up buying the other cars just to race against in a couple of the other cars that I prefer driving.

I may have more hours in RF2 than everything else in my Steam library combined, and all the other stuff adds up to a lot more than what I've spent in RF2. And, it's already been mentioned several times but there's been a fair pile of free content from S397 since they took over. Whether it's as good as the paid DLC, or whether it is of the same interest to most people is up to the individual, but I've been pleasantly surprised by most of it. And... they don't have to do it.

And no, that doesn't mean all is forgiven for some of the outstanding issues that have lingered for years. Maybe I'm wrong, but my understanding is the new content people aren't necessarily the same that would work on the game engine and stamp out bugs. I'm not sure the "they should fix ____ first before they do any other new content" argument really works that way if the car and track programmers aren't taking resources away from bug fixing. But hey, I don't work there so I don't really know.

I hope more DPi are on the way (Mazda please!), I'm biased towards IMSA stuff, but if we got a new Daytona I *think* we'd pretty much have all the major global endurance race tracks? I don't know how much attention Petit Le Mans gets globally, but Road Atlanta is a great track to drive too. Having said that, I have mod versions of Daytona and Road Atlanta I'm happy with - but official ones would be great.

Ye, saw that. So regardless on how they decide to BoP/Balance the Caddy, at least there's more than 1 to choose from in multiclass-racing with Prototypes in the future! That's nice!
The Caddy should have a clear advantage over the Oreca and Ligier due to reduced HP from the IMSA BOP process.

Laptime pace should follow as such:
DPi a gap to LMP2 then a smaller smaller gap to GTE/GTLM and a gap again to GTD(3). At the 2020 Sebring the slowest LMP2 could not get out of the way of the GTLM cars. However, unlike the real world, thesim GTD/GT3 cars intermix within the pace of the GTLM/GTE cars when there should be well over a second(closer to two seconds), at a track like Sebring, from the slowest GTLM to the fastest GTD.

The Caddy should have a clear advantage over the Oreca and Ligier due to reduced HP from the IMSA BOP process.

Laptime pace should follow as such:
DPi a gap to LMP2 then a smaller smaller gap to GTE/GTLM and a gap again to GTD(3). At the 2020 Sebring the slowest LMP2 could not get out of the way of the GTLM cars. However, unlike the real world, thesim GTD/GT3 cars intermix within the pace of the GTLM/GTE cars when there should be well over a second(closer to two seconds), at a track like Sebring, from the slowest GTLM to the fastest GTD.

This is based on IMSA-BoP though. If you use the WEC as base for LMP2 it looks very different.

So it's all down to how S397 decides to do it. I would expect them to try and make them pretty much similar to each other.

I'm not even sure any JS p217 race in IMSA currently. If they match it to the Oreca currently in RF2 I think it'll be fine. Currently the Oreca 07 in game is a couple seconds slower than the RSS DPI's which is cool

This is based on IMSA-BoP though. If you use the WEC as base for LMP2 it looks very different.

So it's all down to how S397 decides to do it. I would expect them to try and make them pretty much similar to each other.
agreed, I kinda focused on IMSA based on the Caddy, which was IMSA only. The Caddy/Dallara would not compete in WEC vs the Oreca because it's engine is tuned for more horsepower than the Gibson engine. There is just not enough advantage in the Oreca chassis to make up for the Horsepower/torque advantage.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%