rFactor 2 | Chevrolet Corvette C8.R Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed the new for 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTE will be coming to the simulation this month, alongside the already announced Cadillac DPi prototype machine.
  • 2020 Corvette C8.R to release this month.
  • The 'Vette joins the IMSA DPi Cadillac as new December content.
  • Onboard lap of Cadillac revealed.
Corvette_C8R_2020_01.jpg

In further good news for rFactor 2 fans, Studio 397 have this morning taken to social media to reveal another new car will be heading to the simulation this month, with the Chevrolet Corvette C8.R set to be released alongside the previously announced Cadillac DPi-V.R prototype endurance racer.

The C8.R represents the eighth generation of racing Corvette from the famous American brand, and one that has immediately proven to be successful in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, with drivers and teams honours being taken by Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor in what is the first season of racing for the mid-engined sports car.

The studio have yet to reveal an exact release date for the new machine, nor for the Cadillac prototype, although we are assured it will arrive as DLC for the simulation in advance of the Christmas holidays.

Stay tuned for more information soon.....

Cadillac_DPi_2020_05 (1).jpg

In other interesting rFactor 2 news, yesterday a first video of the Cadillac DPi in action surfaced on the Studio 397 social media channels, with real world IMSA driver Tristan Vauiter taking to the Sebring International Raceway to guide views through a lap of the famous US track - check it out below:

Original Source; Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

Corvette_C8R_2020_03.jpg

Last edited:
No they aren't. These colors don't run. That's why it's like that on Military uniforms.
See the photos shown above Caleb and especially the post attachment with the Space Shuttle photo. On the real racing IMSA/WEC C8, the blue stars are always facing to the front of the car, both sides. The image on the release headline shows the flag with the stars on the left side(which is CORRECT for a stationary image) , but this means the stars are facing the rear.(which is incorrect on a moving vehicle.)
Think of an old Cavalry western movie. The US Cavalry charges and the flag streams out behind, stars leading the way.

Last edited:
Steam sales on Rf2 was a joke, and i think we still buying an old game with poor graphics so if they want to be competitive they have to make great offers, just a year and a half ago Rf2 was not on directx11 and now there are games working on dx12
rF2 been on DX11 for years already. You can't compare the current state of the graphics engine to the one it came out with 7 years ago.

rF2 been on DX11 for years already. You can't compare the current state of the graphics engine to the one it came out with 7 years ago.
That's right so this is why you cannot sells 4 tracks for 24'60€ while ACC offers 4 tracks láser scanned plus more than 20 liveries for 14'95 and if you search out of steam you can find dlc cheaper than 15€. For me Rf2 is a great game despite no great graphics but i think they could be strong with more cheaper prices, at least i'll buy every dlc if they launch a great offer so they can race against ACC, AC1, Pc2 or Ams2

That's right so this is why you cannot sells 4 tracks for 24'60€ while ACC offers 4 tracks láser scanned plus more than 20 liveries for 14'95 and if you search out of steam you can find dlc cheaper than 15€. For me Rf2 is a great game despite no great graphics but i think they could be strong with more cheaper prices, at least i'll buy every dlc if they launch a great offer so they can race against ACC, AC1, Pc2 or Ams2
since you like comparisons and you're close to your money, write down all the content that S397 has provided us for free and compare it to the others, I'm waiting :whistling:

First DX11 public beta was available in May 2017. It has been made the default version in December 2017.
Right but we are on dx12
since you like comparisons and you're close to your money, write down all the content that S397 has provided us for free and compare it to the others, I'm waiting :whistling:
Free? are you talking about game content price for 29´99€ ? comparing with 12`95€ ACC, 18´99€ for AMS2 or Assetto Corsa for 4´99 € ? or are you talking about workshop that´s not from S397 ? mods are not property from S397, but i can tell you some free cars Kunos gave us on Assetto Corsa updates for free, did you see any new dlc free on RF2 from S397? If they want to be greater than other companies with an old game they have to be more competitive in price, not giving free sure, this is a business
I like the game but is not my target pay more than 50€ for playing Endurance races 2-3 times a year and empty public servers the rest of time, just think about Assetto Corsa, released on 2015, still full of public servers full of drivers, or Pcars2
The most interesting content for Rf2 is paid content from S397 and i´m happy to pay for original content more than a stupid free mod with bad physics but S397 dlc are too expensive, so that´s why you cannot find same full servers like others games.
Not my intention tells you Rf2 is a bad game and S397 not deserves we´ll buy their dlc but a better price will be great for the simracing community and S397 making more fans, old and new fans

Why does any news item about Rfactor2 turn into a bitch-fest about pricing and load-times?
Because apart from iRacing, rF2 has the highest price for DLC compared to any current sim, including R3E with their weird pricing model. While most people with their multi-thousand euro hardware are probably able to afford 5 Euro for a single car, some (most?) aren't willing to do so, because other sims offer the same or more for less money, and they see that the money they pay doesn't actually go to towards fixing long standing issues and bugs which are mentioned as well in every rF2 thread.

In the end it all comes down to preference I think. If rF2 is your main sim, you'll have no problem paying 5 Euro for a car every few months. If you don't drive rF2 that much, paying 5 Euro for one car on the chance that it might be really good is something to think about first.

See the photos shown above Caleb and especially the post attachment with the Space Shuttle photo. On the real racing IMSA/WEC C8, the blue stars are always facing to the front of the car, both sides. The image on the release headline shows the flag with the stars on the left side(which is CORRECT for a stationary image) , but this means the stars are facing the rear.(which is incorrect on a moving vehicle.)
Think of an old Cavalry western movie. The US Cavalry charges and the flag streams out behind, stars leading the way.
Thank you for explaining what I just said. "These colors don't run" is literally what you just said in the last bit about cavalry. But we don't have to think about a movie, the military still does it to this day.

If rF2 is your main sim, you'll have no problem paying 5 Euro for a car every few months. If you don't drive rF2 that much, paying 5 Euro for one car on the chance that it might be really good is something to think about first.
If you don't drive rF2 that much then why all the fuss?
I have some sims I don't drive that much and I don't buy their content and I couldn't care less if new content arrives.

Right but we are on dx12

Free? are you talking about game content price for 29´99€ ? comparing with 12`95€ ACC, 18´99€ for AMS2 or Assetto Corsa for 4´99 € ? or are you talking about workshop that´s not from S397 ? mods are not property from S397, but i can tell you some free cars Kunos gave us on Assetto Corsa updates for free, did you see any new dlc free on RF2 from S397? If they want to be greater than other companies with an old game they have to be more competitive in price, not giving free sure, this is a business
I like the game but is not my target pay more than 50€ for playing Endurance races 2-3 times a year and empty public servers the rest of time, just think about Assetto Corsa, released on 2015, still full of public servers full of drivers, or Pcars2
The most interesting content for Rf2 is paid content from S397 and i´m happy to pay for original content more than a stupid free mod with bad physics but S397 dlc are too expensive, so that´s why you cannot find same full servers like others games.
Not my intention tells you Rf2 is a bad game and S397 not deserves we´ll buy their dlc but a better price will be great for the simracing community and S397 making more fans, old and new fans
the pack of Tatuus he could have made him pay 10euro nobody would have found to say again so much it is good (well if you) the radical free, free botniaring, 3 Mclaren single-seater, Nissan GT500, USF20002 F1 75 (march, brabham) Zandvoort old and new layout, new bentley and free audi if you own the old ones, all FREE, (acc made paid the Ferrari evo and AMG evo lol) don't talk to me about AMS2 I bought 100euro for the game and dlc and I end up with a pcars 2.5...
I close the debate by saying if you find too much at home not to buy anything is mandatory!
have a good day!

the pack of Tatuus he could have made him pay 10euro nobody would have found to say again so much it is good (well if you) the radical free, free botniaring, 3 Mclaren single-seater, Nissan GT500, USF20002 F1 75 (march, brabham) Zandvoort old and new layout, new bentley and free audi if you own the old ones, all FREE, (acc made paid the Ferrari evo and AMG evo lol) don't talk to me about AMS2 I bought 100euro for the game and dlc and I end up with a pcars 2.5...
I close the debate by saying if you find too much at home not to buy anything is mandatory!
have a good day!
Portland International Raceway
Loch Drummond
Stock Cars 2018
Longford 1967

I believe these are also free recent content from S397

If you don't drive rF2 that much then why all the fuss?
I have some sims I don't drive that much and I don't buy their content and I couldn't care less if new content arrives.
Because I do care. I might still consider it if DLC cost the same as in the other sims. I stopped buying rF2 DLC some time ago because it's just not worth it for how much I play rF2, but I'm still interested. If it was half price, I might have gotten at least the full GTE field.

Portland International Raceway
Loch Drummond
Stock Cars 2018
Longford 1967
Longford and Loch Drummond are from the ISI days, as are the aforementioned Nissan GT500 and the old USF2000. I'm not sure if the new Loch Drummond was a remake or an update. Longford was a 3PA track.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing