rFactor 2 | Chevrolet Corvette C8.R Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed the new for 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTE will be coming to the simulation this month, alongside the already announced Cadillac DPi prototype machine.
  • 2020 Corvette C8.R to release this month.
  • The 'Vette joins the IMSA DPi Cadillac as new December content.
  • Onboard lap of Cadillac revealed.
Corvette_C8R_2020_01.jpg

In further good news for rFactor 2 fans, Studio 397 have this morning taken to social media to reveal another new car will be heading to the simulation this month, with the Chevrolet Corvette C8.R set to be released alongside the previously announced Cadillac DPi-V.R prototype endurance racer.

The C8.R represents the eighth generation of racing Corvette from the famous American brand, and one that has immediately proven to be successful in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, with drivers and teams honours being taken by Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor in what is the first season of racing for the mid-engined sports car.

The studio have yet to reveal an exact release date for the new machine, nor for the Cadillac prototype, although we are assured it will arrive as DLC for the simulation in advance of the Christmas holidays.

Stay tuned for more information soon.....

Cadillac_DPi_2020_05 (1).jpg

In other interesting rFactor 2 news, yesterday a first video of the Cadillac DPi in action surfaced on the Studio 397 social media channels, with real world IMSA driver Tristan Vauiter taking to the Sebring International Raceway to guide views through a lap of the famous US track - check it out below:

Original Source; Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

Corvette_C8R_2020_03.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any differrence in comparison to Corvette we already have in game?
Except the number :cool:
Previous versions are front engined, V8 Non-turbo 6.5L Pushrod.(old tech) Thus the exhaust note was a roar or a bellow.
The C8 is mid-engined, 5.5L Flatplaned crank, overhead cams similar to the Ferrari 458 GTE. The sound of the engine is much more sub-dued, yet it produces 10 more hp and smidge more torque. Should rev a little faster and higher max rpm.

The US flags on the sides of the cars are backwards...

This explains it well:

"In application, then, flags are displayed on moving vehicles with the blue-star field always displayed towards the front of the vehicle. In this way, the flag appears to be blowing in the wind as the vehicle travels forward (flags are always attached to their flag poles on the blue field side). If the flag were not reversed on the right hand side of the vehicle, the vehicle might appear to be moving backwards. "

I wonder how the Cadillac is compared to the Oreca. Do we finally get two prototypes to use together, or will they be unevenly matched.
per rules the Cadillac/Dallara is faster than the IMSA Oreca 07. At first IMSA tried to balance them and managed to see both DPi and LMP2 cars win races. But the next season saw a definite power advantage to the DPi cars(to encourage factory engine manufacturer involvement). All the IMSA DPi cars are based on the LMP2 cars available for WEC, but none of them would meet the LMP2 Homolgation standards. The Dallara(Cadillac), Riley/Multimatic,(Mazda) and Ligier(Nissan) all underwent updating to balance them to the Oreca. The Acura DPi is based on the Oreca chassis but has a broad wing across the nose. All the DPi have 'some' styling cues to associate with the brands they represent. The Ligier Nissan has fallen out of use in the past season.

Last edited:
This explains it well:

"In application, then, flags are displayed on moving vehicles with the blue-star field always displayed towards the front of the vehicle. In this way, the flag appears to be blowing in the wind as the vehicle travels forward (flags are always attached to their flag poles on the blue field side). If the flag were not reversed on the right hand side of the vehicle, the vehicle might appear to be moving backwards. "
At the events where the flag is on the car, (There are many racing photos without the flag decal) the flags match Suby's description. So the cover image at the top of this story is, indeed, backwards.
1608392017874.png

1608391931340.png

Last edited:
Then wait for the Steam sales
Why do whenever a rF2 content comes up, everybody come to these thread and complain whilst being happy spending $4k on some RTX 3080 i9-10900K 128GB RAM PC.

What are they going to achieve by this?
Steam sales on Rf2 was a joke, and i think we still buying an old game with poor graphics so if they want to be competitive they have to make great offers, just a year and a half ago Rf2 was not on directx11 and now there are games working on dx12

So Nice!!! :thumbsup:
for those who talk about the price....serious guys...
Seriously love Rf2 but price is not the best part, just compare it, ACC 12'95 (eneba, instant gaming, cdkeys) Rf2 29'99 only on steam, Rf2 track expansion 4 tracks 24'60, ACC Icgt dlc 14'95€ 4 tracks and 20 liveries, Rf2 Spa 8'99€, ACC Imola+2 cars 7'99€
Maybe they need to change price or make a great Christmas offers and i think they will be strong and more people you can find on Rf2 public servers

My complaint surrounding RF2 DLC is not related to price, although compared to other racing titles...sans I-racing...the content versus cost is lacking.
My issue is with the initially released items not being fixed after eight years of asking.
You've got individual modders in this simracing community making very good smoke and dust kick-up addons for other titles.
These are still not addressed in this simulation.
I've asked enough.
I won't spend any more money until things like those get consideration.
As to the Steam sales....coupling cars I already own with something I don't as a DLC pack and not taking that into consideration at checkout is just stupid.
I'm not going to buy the same vehicle just to own the DLC pack.
Steam knows exactly what was purchased and when.
It is the basis of your DLC history, which you can view at any time.
Track the history and make the new purchase reflect the difference in the overall DLC cost.
That'll drive people to buy something they don't already have, rather than totally ignoring the pack as I currently do.

Last edited:
My complaint surrounding RF2 DLC is not related to price although compared to other racing titles...sans Iracing, they're anemic.
My issue is with the initially released items not getting fixed even after eight years of asking.
You've got individuals in the simracing racing community making smoke add-ons, dusk kick-up addons, etc... for other titles.
These are still not addressed in this simulation.
Let's be honest, I don't think S397 and Kunos has the combined manpower SMS has - which is often why progress are rather slow

Seriously love Rf2 but price is not the best part, just compare it, ACC 12'95 (eneba, instant gaming, cdkeys) Rf2 29'99 only on steam, Rf2 track expansion 4 tracks 24'60, ACC Icgt dlc 14'95€ 4 tracks and 20 liveries, Rf2 Spa 8'99€, ACC Imola+2 cars 7'99€
Maybe they need to change price or make a great Christmas offers and i think they will be strong and more people you can find on Rf2 public servers
One of my main criticisms is the way they do deals - great if you are new to rF2 but a punch in the face to seasoned buyers - were're not BTS stans, we don't camp outside game stores for new releases - which is why I'm currently lumbered with 2 Sebrings (and not knowing what to do with a spare track)

Last edited:
Didn't see this was already answered. Left here for posterity.

no they're not:

Flag-United-States-of-America.jpg
Awkschually

1608399945909.png

Search "us flag backwards" you'll find out why

"According to United States Army regulations, “The full-color US flag cloth replica is worn so that the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right.” The flag must always be positioned to look like it is flying forward, so it’s really all about perspective."

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing