rFactor 2 | Chevrolet Corvette C8.R Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed the new for 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTE will be coming to the simulation this month, alongside the already announced Cadillac DPi prototype machine.
  • 2020 Corvette C8.R to release this month.
  • The 'Vette joins the IMSA DPi Cadillac as new December content.
  • Onboard lap of Cadillac revealed.
Corvette_C8R_2020_01.jpg

In further good news for rFactor 2 fans, Studio 397 have this morning taken to social media to reveal another new car will be heading to the simulation this month, with the Chevrolet Corvette C8.R set to be released alongside the previously announced Cadillac DPi-V.R prototype endurance racer.

The C8.R represents the eighth generation of racing Corvette from the famous American brand, and one that has immediately proven to be successful in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, with drivers and teams honours being taken by Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor in what is the first season of racing for the mid-engined sports car.

The studio have yet to reveal an exact release date for the new machine, nor for the Cadillac prototype, although we are assured it will arrive as DLC for the simulation in advance of the Christmas holidays.

Stay tuned for more information soon.....

Cadillac_DPi_2020_05 (1).jpg

In other interesting rFactor 2 news, yesterday a first video of the Cadillac DPi in action surfaced on the Studio 397 social media channels, with real world IMSA driver Tristan Vauiter taking to the Sebring International Raceway to guide views through a lap of the famous US track - check it out below:

Original Source; Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

Corvette_C8R_2020_03.jpg

Last edited:
At least we will get something interesting at the end of 2020, as more GTE and more LMP/Prototypes is indeed very nice! Will be fun to see how they stack up against their respective rivals! :geek:

Oh, and fix this and that blah blah blah and so on...

Last edited:
I love Rfactor2 but every dlc is too expensive, maybe if they launch a better offer more people like me will buy dlcs, cause we love the game, ffb and phisycs anyway i'm happy with this content and i think Dpi and C8 will be a great addon for the simracing community, just waiting if they sells dlc with a great offer. I think Rf2 need to be in others sites and platforms for having better discounts

I love Rfactor2 but every dlc is too expensive, maybe if they launch a better offer more people like me will buy dlcs, cause we love the game, ffb and phisycs anyway i'm happy with this content and i think Dpi and C8 will be a great addon for the simracing community, just waiting if they sells dlc with a great offer. I think Rf2 need to be in others sites and platforms for having better discounts

Take a girl friend.... its more expensive ;-)

Then wait for the Steam sales
Why do whenever a rF2 content comes up, everybody come to these thread and complain whilst being happy spending $4k on some RTX 3080 i9-10900K 128GB RAM PC.

What are they going to achieve by this?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 83 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing