rFactor 2 Car and Track list

Some kind of Hillclimb.

Palm Beach Raceway (karting)

Karts.

Renault World Series: Formula Renault 3.5, Formula Renault 2.0, Clio Cup, Megane Trophy, F4 1.6.

I think David mentioned the historic car was a Matra from 68?

Panoz Esperante

Some kind of Toyota CORR type vehicle.

A GT equivalent

Formula ISI (F1)

What do we know now? :)

Lola T70 Spyder (Can-Am ) and Coupe (Gr 5000)
Tecno F2
Matra F1 and F2
Ford Maverik
Renault Clio III
Megane Trophy
Kart (Parilla?!?)
Skip Barber
Nissan GT1
Vette GT2
Panoz GT3?
370z GT4
Formula ISI (GP2?)
Indy (inspired on the Dallara? )
Formula Renault

What do we know about the tracks?

Sepang
Indianapolis with alot of layouts
Spa 67
Mills Metropark

Reading around I've heard Barcelona was going to be included but not seen any shots of it yet. ISI are also working on a historic track that is not as big as old Spa and is not the Nordschleife, but they haven't announced what it is. Does anybody know if they will include all the tracks they made for rF1 as well?

To anyone concerned (just to be clear
wink.png
), if you are curious as to what you're getting when you pre-purchase rF2--you are being given access to the open-beta and all of its updates. Six of the 18 months of online service is meant to cover the open-beta period so that you have your full year when the planned first "gold" release is... released. If the beta time ran beyond that I would certainly think you'd be given extra days/weeks/months to cover that, but that would ultimately be a decision Gjon would make.

You can also pre-purchase and, if you don't like what you see/feel, you are more than welcome to ask for a refund and then wait and come back to try the finished version later, or not at all.

We're not forcing anyone to pre-purchase. If you don't like the idea of what we're doing you are certainly more than welcome to wait until "gold" or not purchase at all. We are leaving all of this up to you. The situation is what it is and we tried to find a way to get the current state of the game to you as soon as we could. The choice is yours....

You get, with your pre-purchase:
Single Player
Multi Player
Developer mode
Development Tools
What Documentation we have for those tools to date (in the WIP state)
Rain
Wet/Dry track transition
Dynamic track elements (Groove/Marbles)
New Tire Model
New physics
New Collision
HDR (with other Post FX to come)
Access to beta updates and new/updated content as they become available

These systems are in various states of readiness and need further refinement, hence the "Beta" moniker.

I can't be any more honest than that. If you're interested in diving in early, we are happy to have you pre-purchase. If you decide it's not finished enough for you and don't want to help in the process then request a refund. If you know up front you're not interested in a Beta release you are certainly free to wait for the first gold release.

These are all your choices
smile.png

All we kindly ask is that if you do refund, or decide to wait, please don't clutter the beta forums with posts that are irrelevant to the Beta. We're going to have a time just sorting and answering the posts that ARE relevant
smile.png

Cheers to all...

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1397-Prepping-for-the-open-beta?p=20598&viewfull=1#post20598

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%