Columnist for RaceDepartment
A minor update for rFactor2 has been deployed, with performance improvements one of the key new features.
Studio397 released a small update for their simulation, mainly including bugfixes but also a new real-time logging feature, which is going to help them better diagnose and track down some of the issues the users might have with the title, plus some improvements to the graphics engine to better improve the overall functioning of it. In addition, new materials have been shipped too along with the update. You can read the changelog here:
rFactor 2 Update Notes
Steam Build IDs:
Note: Admins are required to update all dedicated servers.
- Added real-time logging to help better diagnose sporadic physics lock-ups reported by some clients. If you have experienced this issue please see instructions here on logging: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/logging-out-of-realtime-physics-freezes.62687/
- Graphics engine and resource management improvements
- New Materials
- Fixed an issue where the wrong region name was specified in the Region.JSON.
- Fixed an issue where files were erased from a custom skin .mas when no loose files were present in the same folder. The current behavior will now extract the contents of the .mas to the same folder when no loose files are present.
- Fixed intermittent issue with editing materials.
rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.
Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!
Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!