rFactor 2: Build 930 now available

rFactor2 2015-02-15 22-43-18-96.png

Image Space Incorporated has revealed the 30th update for rFactor 2, build 930. The build contains a large number of bug fixes and other changes.

The most ntable updates include changes to the tire model (which can be felt with all cars, new and old) and a new user interface, shown below.

ISI has also revealed that they are working on guides to help newcomers get up to speed with the new launcher and user interface.

Features:
  • Added ability to have HDV variable SemiAutomatic be set to 2 (upshifts only) or 3 (downshift only), which is in addition to the pre-existing choices 0 (off) or 1 (upshifts & downshifts).
  • Added text values gizmos for wins, starts, average finish, and accumulated points for RFM. Added ability to customize font colors for multiplayer game list. Added ability for gizmos to pass clicks on to gizmos behind them. (only applies to APP_TEXTVALUE_RUNPRACTICE, RUNQUALIFYING, & RUNRACE.
  • Added new option to select stretch UI width.
  • Implemented “Change Password” button and added option to login dialog.
  • Enabled virtual vehicle selection (and propagation) in multiplayer.
Bug Fixes/Optimizations:
  • Fix issue where clouds sometimes don’t show up in replays.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen if the start light sequence on a track layout was particularly short.
  • Fix broken multihead.
  • Fixed issue where car class was reported incorrectly.
  • Fixed Launcher crash when exiting Mod Manager.
  • Added auto-focus to login dialog input.
  • Fixed bug where checkbox settings in Launcher would show incorrect state on startup.
  • Attempt to prevent physics thread lock up in cases where skin transfers get put into a bad state.
  • Instead of relying on the background color to match the skin download state gizmo inactive state color, now hiding the gizmo in that case.
  • Fixed multiplayer sort game list by series.
  • Fixed bug where 1st line of credits is potentially a random font
  • Fixed multiplayer game list gizmo text colors.
  • Fixed gear graph in instances where there is a top/bottom letterbox effect on the options.
  • Fixed monitor window FOV issues
  • Code added to prevent infinite loops when an AIW has more grid positions than main path waypoints.
  • Fixed issue where finish statuses were transmitted but immediately overwritten upon joining a race. This fixes the situation where a driver Esc’d out and therefore got a DNF, but then left and rejoined the server whereupon it was noticed that the DNF was cleared.
  • Fixed possible crash that happens upon downloading and then installing components to join a multiplayer game.
  • Fix for aspect ratio problems in monitor
rFactor2 2015-02-15 22-42-36-08.png

Graphics:
  • Fade clouds in and out rather than popping.
  • Fixed monitor window FOV issues
Modding/Public Development:
  • No longer shipping Max plugins for Max 8, 9, and 2009, support ends.
  • Updated versions of Max plugins for Max 2010, 2011, and 2012 with standard mat converter.
  • Toggling AI control will now also toggle player driven AI physics if “shift” is also pressed with AI control toggle key
  • Updated MAS2 utility with potential fix for missing layouts/teams when creating virtual mods
  • Updating SDK with latest content and same UI as the main game.
Tyres:
  • Minor update to CPM invalidates previously-generated CPM data.
  • Gas cavity volume is now affected by load (which essentially means air pressure/temperature change slightly when the tire load changes).
  • Mass imbalance from flatspotting is now correctly modeled.
  • Subsampling in brush model creates smoother response (this may slightly change the feeling and performance of tires, but note that it should be more accurate now).
  • Added some control for tires in the wet (cooling, EARLY version of aquaplaning). Uses WetConductance=(<multiplier_by_dampness>,<multiplier_by_wetness>,<reserved1>,<reserved2>) ... Dampness is non-standing water. Wetness is standing water. As the track gets wet, dampness goes from 0.0-1.0 and then wetness goes from 0.0-1.0.
UI/HUD/Options:
  • New UI with resolution 1920X1080.
  • Removing hard-coded HUD elements shading and alpha.
  • Added gizmo slider on realtime settings/display page to set engine vibration effect on cockpit.
  • Download mode textbox gizmo now only displays name of mod file, not full path.
Plugins:
  • Instead of on-path wetness and off-path wetness (neither of which were properly computed anyway), we now report minimum and maximum water depth along the main path to the plugin scoring interface.

rFactor2 2015-02-15 22-42-50-55.png

Last edited:
that is correct i do not like rf2 it felt like a mobile game at best.dislike away but that is how it felt and looked to me.
Thats at least some sort of reason. My dislike was, because it is the usual hate comment you see all over the internet "that sucks, thats better" and that is something I dont want to see in a quality community. I dont have anything against people saying: "I don't like it, because the graphics look bad for me, I think the physics are unrealistic etc.".
So my dislike was not about your opinion on rF2, but on your way of communication. I hope you got that now.

I've done a few more and posted a thread on it at the ISI forums.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23797-UI-backgrounds

Download link:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!3IABRRiY!W4jBtjWRZfP3Y3ScEEjj2g

If you like you can aswell upload them to RD as I really have no idea how long they'll stay online there. I thought actually in that thread people would post their backgrounds just like in the scrrenshot threads :D. Didn't tourn out that way :p

There are even more uploaded and previews, just click through the gallery.

Dude, I don't just LIKE those, I LOVE those. Excellent work.

YES! Works like a champ. Now I know I'm asking a lot but you can do all of the UI's you posted before with this scaling fix? If you can't or don't have time, I understand.

I guess you'll be much happier if you can do it yourself.
Here is a video of the workflow without additional tools. It is quite simple and really doesn't take much time. You just have to extract the installed .mas file of the UI you want to use and then change the background. Save the UI .mas again and create a new component file.

If you are stuck somewhere just ask.

:(,

Are you able to open the multiplayer lobby?
In that case: login with your rF2 account.

If you can't enter any server. (Mod not found message)
Uninstall all (server) mods. And install your uninstalled components again.

If it's still not helping: verify your install. Let me know if there are any files "failed".

Yeah, i do have problem entering servers. Random servers. Not one specific.
Thing is, i updated to 930 okay, and i go on servers list, like usual and before, if i don't have the mod the rF2 would download it for me and after completion i would join. It's not like that anymore and i am confused.

They are all red. Okay. I go with the mouse over few of them they go yellow apart those with pass. I see i don't have the mod therefore i try to download it and install but, but no success. rF2 make evaluation, gives me the missing components, X this X that X etc. and i go download. Download started, waiting for 15minutes, i take it as finished, yet nothing at all.
It's basically like rF2 is unable downloading mods from the servers. It wasn't like this.

I did verification and checked that out yesterday again, all fine. I am logged of course!

Yeah, i do have problem entering servers. Random servers. Not one specific.
Thing is, i updated to 930 okay, and i go on servers list, like usual and before, if i don't have the mod the rF2 would download it for me and after completion i would join. It's not like that anymore and i am confused.

They are all red. Okay. I go with the mouse over few of them they go yellow apart those with pass. I see i don't have the mod therefore i try to download it and install but, but no success. rF2 make evaluation, gives me the missing components, X this X that X etc. and i go download. Download started, waiting for 15minutes, i take it as finished, yet nothing at all.
It's basically like rF2 is unable downloading mods from the servers. It wasn't like this.

I did verification and checked that out yesterday again, all fine. I am logged of course!
Does rFactor2 crash once the download is finished? I have a similar problem very often. The download is finished or at least the bar is full, but then nothing happens. Then I have to close rF2 via task manager and open the package manager and install all downloaded packages manually. After that I can join the server as I have the cars and the vMod installed manually.

Does rFactor2 crash once the download is finished? I have a similar problem very often. The download is finished or at least the bar is full, but then nothing happens. Then I have to close rF2 via task manager and open the package manager and install all downloaded packages manually. After that I can join the server as I have the cars and the vMod installed manually.

I haven't tried to install them manually. In this very moment still i am not at home. So i'll give that a try and give some info but for sure i have no crashes. I go very normal to cancel or exit, whatever.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back