rFactor 2 Build 880 Released

rfactor2_fr35_2014_01.jpg

Image Space Incorporated has released build 880 for rFactor 2. This includes a new SDK for modding, a new demo installer, graphical and physics updates.

Here's the complete changelog provided by ISI:

"GRAPHICS
Fixed terrain shader specularity issue.
Fixed wet surface reflections.
Lightened up shadows by artificially boosting ambient light level.
Fix problem seeing steering wheel in rear look under certain conditions.
Some code to help with blurry rims.

HUD/ COMMENTARY:
Re-recorded commentary with a MASSIVE volume boost (You might want to adjust your settings)

BUG FIXES / OPTIMIZATIONS:
Fixed auto update bug for expired accounts
Fixed a very minor memory leak.
Several minor stability fixes.
Removed requirement for “_x64″ to be added to 64-bit plugins. It’s no longer a problem because they are in a separate directory. However, it still might be useful to for humans to identify which is which.
Added a new default method for assigning pit/garage spots in multiplayer which keeps them more consistent over a weekend. This new default method can be disabled by changing the multiplayer.json value “Assign Parking” to false (at which point it will revert to using the traditional team-based pit/garage assignments).
Fixed issue where driver body sometimes appears while rear-looking.
Minor fixes to prevent crash when exiting from “rF2 already running” condition
Fixed random black box that appears when hitting ‘`’ key
Dealing with some uninitialized data in old TGMs that is now actually used.

AI:
Smoothed out the corner widening associated with rcd parameter UnderSteerEffectOnLineThreshold trigger as well as with rear grip loss. Made the rate of “corner widening” relative either to the car’s lateral velocity or lateral position relative to current waypoint direction.
Pace cars now look for a path called “PACECAR” to drive, otherwise defaults to fastest path.
Fixed AI tire drag calculation
Slightly better AI bumpstop damping.
Fixed a bug in AI logic that could result in cars taking high speed corners a bit too fast and wide.

PHYSICS:
New tire contact patch code added. It is backwards-compatible (i.e. existing tires should not change behavior, you would need to do more +ttool analysis in order for new functionality to take effect). There are some minor issues that still need to be ironed out.

FEATURES:
Allow replays to run without the correct version of a scene or vehicle, but only after checking for the correct one first.
Lock in demo mod when using creating a new plr file with the +demo CLI parameter set.
Added a new default method for assigning pit/garage spots in multiplayer which keeps them more consistent over a weekend. This new default method can be disabled by changing the multiplayer.json value “Assign Parking” to false (at which point it will revert to using the traditional team-based pit/garage assignments).
Added additional options for the RFM variable ‘FinishUnderCaution’ to allow the finish to be delayed up to 3x. Previous options were off, 1x, or infinite.
Much behind the scenes work on plugin interface for future interface additions

MODDING / PUBLIC DEV:
In the AIW editor, made the Ctrl-Shift(-Alt) keys easier to move the car when paused: 1) it now follows the terrain, and 2) rotating the car with the 4 and 6 numpad keys doesn’t simultaneously rotate the swingman camera.
Modmgr now automatically saves/loads separate profiles for each install.
Added log message and assert if there are no collidable triangles in SCN, which isn’t really handled.
fixes to new pit/garage assignment code
Made new pit/garage assignment work with driver changes (probably needs testing).
dev mode AIW editor fix for moving path on last waypoint of pit lane
TTool: in the Realtime section, removed the somewhat-useless ‘Width’ and added the somewhat-useful ‘Dynamic Unloaded Radius’.
Fixed a possible game freeze using the AIW editor “move & Match” waypoint by waypoint manipulation function.

UI
Moved version numbers for vehicles tree list down to the individual cars instead of the class headers"
Join the discussion in our dedicated rFactor 2 forum, check out awesome screenshots and videos in our rF2 gallery, get racing in our rF2 Racing Club and Leagues and make your game even more awesome with some rFactor 2 mods!

880 Demo:
1) Will only start from Launcher if I select "Windowed" mode - blank screen on Full Screen and Borderless

2) Windows QT bug still there (Windows 10, need to edit the launcher properties to change the target folder.)

3) G25 FFB not there yet. Weak responses, a bit sloppy even with the config file additions. I'll have to fiddle with it some more.

4) Muscle car is pretty horrible at Silverstone :roflmao:

Road feel is very weak with base ffb settings (which clips) thrustmaster tx gte rim
I encountered weird ui issues when I used AA + FXAA together by them selves ui is fine
Particals and dust still coming through the cockpits, running shadows and on some isi tracks Iam getting weird circular shadow patches popping up behind cars and semi transparent pixels on some of the vegetation trees/plants ?
A manual fresh install I've tried forcing graphics settings through CCC and tried in game values but just can't seem to get a decent picture as it always seems some what fuzzy :(
Any suggestions?
I7 2600 r9 290 3 x 24" 1080 led

Road feel is very weak with base ffb settings (which clips) thrustmaster tx gte rim
I encountered weird ui issues when I used AA + FXAA together by them selves ui is fine
Particals and dust still coming through the cockpits, running shadows and on some isi tracks Iam getting weird circular shadow patches popping up behind cars and semi transparent pixels on some of the vegetation trees/plants ?
A manual fresh install I've tried forcing graphics settings through CCC and tried in game values but just can't seem to get a decent picture as it always seems some what fuzzy :(
Any suggestions?
To solve the semi-transparent trees, change this value: Transparency AA":true (in your player JSON file), for: Transparency AA":false.
Those bubbles behind cars may appear, as stated above, when combining antialiasing methods,fxaa, and such.

Well, there is some good news. Seems like they finally fixed the spotter volume.

How do I know? Because I had it at 100% and the rest at around 30 to 80% so I had a chance to hear my lap time if I were driving a car that wasn't too noisy. Imagine my surprise when I crossed the finish line for the first time and this maniac screamed the lap time in my ears at about 120db.
I think my ears are still bleeding.

From one extreme to another :)
I also noticed that collision sounds are extremely muted in a majority of cars, it took me a bit while racing wondering why I was fighting the wheel than I plowed into a wall and realized there was no sound effect when I crashed.

Last edited:
I spent another hour yesterday trying to get any kind of FFB response that was worth having out of the new demo, and failed. *sighs*

I'm going to do some more serious googling and forum searches on the official site today, but it feels like I'm wasting my time. That CR6 feels no different when going forwards to when going sideways. The only difference I get in FFB is when I put it on the grass and spin the wheels.

I have had rF1 for about 5 years and it still drives better than rF2 for me. :O_o:

Any suggestions?
To fix chasing shadows set shadows to Max and turn off shadow blur.

To stop particles and dust coming through cockpit edit player.json file and change Raindrop flow to 1, smoke flow to true and tire emitter flow to true.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 291 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.6%