Image Space Incorporated released a new build of rFactor 2 adding more features and improvements to the popular PC racing simulator.
Highlights of this build are improved memory usage in 32bit. The RealRoad received some major tweaks and is no longer accelerated (unless you want it to be). Flag rules without disqualification as an option. Lots of AI improvements. New matchmaker technology in the back end. Enhanced plugin reporting. Modding tool changes, and various fixes and tweaks.
Of course a new demo exe is available as well. Plus the experimental 64bit exes are available to openly test.
Find the full changelog and download link below.
- Fixed sun block bug which caused inconsistent occluder values.
- Fixed a bug where HUD textures refuse to load.
- Experimental 64 Bit builds added. Manual rename of 64 bit executables to 32 bit names required so the launcher can successfully start 64 bit executables.
- Upgraded to latest version (9.3k) of Miles Sound System.
- Updated projects to latest OpenSSL (1.0.1h)
- Support added for gear-specific rev limit offsets.
- Added additional Flag Rules option “Full w/o DQ”.
- Eliminated race condition that could cause race rejoin to fail.
- Added RealRoad timescale multiplier to control how fast the dynamic road changes conditions.
- Added the ability to control vehicle- and tire-specific effects on RealRoad.
- Optimized memory usage.
- Fixed thread safety issue that could produce crash when crossing finish line while recording a best path.
- Fixed a problem where remote vehicles might appear to have brakes on all the time (and no steering, either) while viewing from the monitor.
- Fixed issue where leftover RealRoad events could be applied in the wrong session.
- Fixed inconsistent writing of config.ini if installed to write-restricted path.
- Improved collision with temp cars.
- Fix reporting of anti-stall to plugins.
- Potential fix for exiting game while skin transfer is unfinished.
- Needing to update car components will not overwrite any existing parameters from talent/vehicle rcd files. Will only add unique parameters.
- Fix problem where you sometimes get a brief blast of vehicles sounds on subsequent track loads.
- Fixed issue if server was password protected it would not verify server content was installed on client.
- Added OpenMP to Mod Mode and Dev builds (improves speed of TTool).
- Added a dev mode AIW editor options to move selected waypoint’s selected path so that the next waypoint (or previous) matches the speed of the waypoint 2 spaces in front (or behind).
- Corrected problem where +ptool and +ttool wouldn’t start up properly when using SDK.
- Attempt to use AVX (if available) in 64-bit TTool.
- Fixed double screenshots in TTool.
- Plugins will need to be built in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Please add “_x64″ to the names of the 64-bit version for easier identification, otherwise anybody with a 32-bit version of Windows will get an annoying popup.
- Made plugin functions RenderScreenBeforeOverlays() and RenderScreenAfterOverlays() always work in the UI, so that plugins can identify the options page.
- Added new gizmo action to clear multiplayer password.
- Possible fix for HUDs picking up & using unrelated but identically named assets.
- Sync up RealRoad on new clients at an accelerated pace.
- Changed upload/download speed variable so that higher rates could be set in the dedicated server.
- Initialize newly-joined clients to a basic RealRoad value such that they can’t gain an advantage over other clients.
- Fixed multiple players in dedicated server startup dialog.
- Fix controller auto-detect on first startup. Hopefully without causing that no-keyboard problem on Win8 whose fix broke this.
- Output FFB value to plugins even if no FFB devices are detected.
- Added checks to be sure only real AIs can talk and request pits.
- Improvements to superspeedway AI.
- Added AI control to PhysicsOptionsV01 in plugin interface.
- Now doing limited loading of rcd files from location components so that track builders can specify new track specific driving lines of known 3rd party cars without.
- Fixed AI cars swerving on formation lap skip and transition from formation lap to race.
- Removed unnecessary AI braking prediction that had them tapping the brakes needlessly.
- Reset “add AI” menu when leaving page