rFactor 2 Build 1052 released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor2 Stock Cars.png

Image Space Incorporated have today made available to download a new version of their popular racing simulator rFactor 2. Bringing the sim up to build 1052, the latest changes include many updates and fixes as can be seen below.

Available to download now via the Steam platform or alternatively non Steam users can download the 331mb lite installer directly from the ISI website.

Personally I have recently been racing with the slightly older (unreleased) baby brother unstable build to this release and can say some of the weather improvements have significantly enhanced the immersion aspect of this sim, with slower buildup and drop off grip bringing another element of strategy consideration into the experience.

Build 1052 also addresses the long standing matchmaker compatibility issue between Steam and non Steam editions, players should now be able to find more people available in the online lobbies for when you just get the need to do a couple of quick random online races...

You could of course come join the fun in our RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club if you really want to get your kicks racing with other players in a well organised online environment... :)

While we are on the subject of loosely related plugs... keep your eyes peeled on RaceDepartment in the coming weeks as we sit down with the guys at ISI for another exclusive interview with the main players in the sim racing world... watch this space!

Build 1052 Changelog

FEATURES:
————-
  • Water temperature now starts at the same value as oil temperature.
  • Added a few more details to lap records in CCH file.
  • Added the ability to use alternate controls for throttle, brake, and steering (they are at the bottom of the list of driving controls in the UI). Note that the alternate controls do NOT support ramping which is normally useful for driving with keyboards or buttons, so it preferable to select only analog devices for the alternate controls.
  • Added ability to cancel damage repair during a pitstop.
  • Added the ability to paste clipboard text into text boxes.
  • Added ability to open hyperlinks with a click that show up in the multiplayer chatbox.
  • Doubled useable dictionary length to 512 to prevent cutting off of some Italian tuning descriptions.
  • Qualifying on by default for new playerfiles.
  • Replaced ‘_’ characters with spaces in opponent filter list display.
  • Race Event rfm icon can now be a TGA, JPG, or PNG as well as the still supported DDS
  • Safety car with lights (thanks to traveller)

FIXES:
————-
  • Fixed problem where a broken engine would become fixed and indestructible after rejoining.
  • Backup plan for the problem where pit arrow sometimes isn’t available after driver swaps: borrow the grid arrow instead.
  • Fixed (removed) extra useless multihead onboard cameras.
  • Only allow admins to issue /pitby* commands.
  • Fixed wrong gdb data getting loaded for tracks that have multiple versions installed.
  • Now ignoring duplicate veh files when building vehicle manager list. Only latest version of vehicle will be included.
  • Tightened up text input boxes to prevent drawing outside of box.
  • Fixed virtual vehicle loading with random car if base vehicle not found.

MODDING / PUBLIC DEV:
———————
  • Mod mode show pitlanes & special waypoints now work correctly with multiple pit lanes.
  • Enabled Ctrl-D physics tool in public Mod Mode build.
  • Command line option added for Mod Manager: -b[DatFile] [index …] = build mod/cmp at specified indices from DatFile. Use -help if needed.
The latest version of rFactor 2 is available to download now directly from the ISI site or via the Steam platform. Alongside this new build the US based development team have released a new improved version of the popular Renault Megane Trophy car... read more about it right here on RaceDepartment.

Enjoying rFactor 2 recently? What are you looking forward to most in the new build? Lets hear your comments below!

Last edited:
Anyone moved from raw installation of rF2 to Steam?
I want to make the transfer and i am about to request my code for the Steam.
But once i get it i saw that the installation becomes invalid. Anyone has a clue where i need to place the code i will receive? How to start the installation of rF2 on Steam?
Look in this video, pretty simple,you can do the same, if you have a game on CD/DVD,and you want it in steam library..

Not sure what is worse between trolls and fanboys.

On a side note, this game is even uglier than the first rFactor, which is quite a feat.

I just got called a troll? haha....yeah ok. First off , I'm not a fanboy of any sim.....none. I don't judge a sim by just the way it looks , but how it actually feels like when I'm driving and the amount of options I have to re-configure my car and so forth. RF2 is KNOWN to be one of the very best of the bunch , and anyone who races sims knows this to be 100% true.

On a side note....I love GSCE , AC , Iracing , RRE and RF2.......love every single one of them! hell I even play Project cars when I'm in the mood , or some other older simbin , ect type racing game.

As far as that goes , I'm probably one of the most UN-biased race sim drivers on the planet.

The read me file is in
c/program files/rfactor2/read me

There is a lot of stuff there. Occasionally a vital kernel like enable multithreading.

It might have even been in a thread by an ISI staffer that explained graphic settings quite well.
My take away was that a few builds ago it was helpful to go into the graphics card software and tweak stuff. Now its better to handle it in the game settings.
Certainly for me when I did just that I got a massive boost in frame rates.
No rF2 folder in C>Program files. In C>Program files x86 there's an rF2 folder with a Readme in it but that appears to be a list of updates with their relevant changelogs and nothing else.
Is it me, or is that odd? A quick Google search didn't turn up anything on an rF2 readme or any proper manual.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%