rFactor 2: Build 1036 Released

Thomas Hinss

Aussie Commentator and Writer
logo_white_4x3.jpg
As we close in on the end of 2015, rFactor 2 has received a new build in version 1036.

The main purpose of the update was focused on fixing bugs with the game as well as adding and adjusting options for modding and public development.

Features
  • Made the pit menu wing adjustments use the same display value as the garage.

Fixes
  • Fixed idiot light when vehicle rev limit is smaller while in neutral.
  • Attempted fix for laps sometimes being lost on a race rejoin.
  • Fixed a crash when starting ded server if borderless mode was previously selected
  • Fixed a problem where the wrong port was used to tell Steam friends about the server you are on.
  • Removed the condition that only non-demos can change the opponent list.
  • Fix for “join as spectator” problem.
  • PLR value “MULTI Safety Car Collidable” (used for multiplayer) now works; previously only “GPRIX Safety Car Collidable” (used for single player) was fixed.
  • Fixed occasional ‘missing gears’ problem.

Modding / Public Development
  • Increased size of some mas2 dialogs
  • Added a confirmation before deleting all waypoints in mod mode.
  • Added delete next/prev to selected waypoint menu.
  • Changed “delete branch” to only require single waypoint selected.
  • Slightly raised the line showing where the AI is aim to make it more likely to be above the track surface.

What are your impressions of the new build? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been on Steam for over a month now? The workshop has been filling up nicely with mods and tracks as well.
Maybe now after the Steam release more modders will turn the rF2 way after all. It may not look as fancy as the younger crop of sims, but its physics and the FFB are definitely top notch.
It is finally the time to populate it with more content.

Maybe now after the Steam release more modders will turn the rF2 way after all. It may not look as fancy as the younger crop of sims, but its physics and the FFB are definitely top notch.
It is finally the time to populate it with more content.
If you put a ton of PP effects rF2 would look the same as AC :D
In my PC they both look very close if you turn off the PP menu and use high or medium track detail (on full AC has a lot more detail than rF2 but those aren't details I'll see while driving so I don't care at all). The main difference is the grayish look in rF2 but on the other hand AC colors gives me headaches especially the red

Last edited:
In my PC they both look very close if you turn off the PP menu and use high or medium track detail (on full AC has a lot more detail than rF2 but those aren't details I'll see while driving so I don't care at all). The main difference is the grayish look in rF2 but on the other hand AC colors gives me headaches especially the red
Agreed, run AC's Nords in rf2, and if wasn't for the the drive difference, you'd think your playing AC.

I didn't really mean AC, to be honest :) Personally, I like the looks of that sim the least. I'd say Dirt Rally is the best when it comes to the looks (the audio part of it is very good as well).
Also, apart from the shadows I don't have a problem with rF2's looks anyway. Not going to use any filters and such. And wouldn't say they save AC a slightest bit from looking dull.

Agreed, run AC's Nords in rf2, and if wasn't for the the drive difference, you'd think your playing AC.
How do you exactly "run AC's Nords in rF2"? :)

I didn't really mean AC, to be honest :) Personally, I like the looks of that sim the least. I'd say Dirt Rally is the best when it comes to the looks (the audio part of it is very good as well).
Also, apart from the shadows I don't have a problem with rF2's looks anyway. Not going to use any filters and such. And wouldn't say they save AC a slightest bit from looking dull.
I'm not a fan of it either. Just saying rF2 can be changed with PP injectors. My only dislike on rF2 visual is the grayish look in the HDR and the smoke/rain effect. If they fix that would be awesome.

when I put extreme rain. I can not see the drops. Do I have something misconfigured? I do not know when it starts to rain because I can not see the drops fall.

I have recently bought rFactor2.

when I put extreme rain. I can not see the drops. Do I have something misconfigured? I do not know when it starts to rain because I can not see the drops fall.

I have recently bought rFactor2.
How low are your "effects" graphics set to? If you have them too low I think the game makes the rain drops invisible to improve performance.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%