rFactor 2 - BTCC NGTC @ Silverstone - Online Action for an Early-Afternoon Race

SILVERSTONE.png

Fancy an online race at a different time than usual? Then have a read here...

Are you a RD Premium member? Do you love rFactor 2? Are you an online racer, or would you like to try racing with other likeminded gentlemen, but the current RD schedule does not fit your daily obligations? Well it seems like @Craig Dunkley got you covered!

He is going to host a nice event on Saturday, 30th of March, at a very different time. In fact, Practice, Qualifying, Warm Up and Race are gonna be held in the early afternoon, starting at 14:00 UTC. This way, we hope to cater more drivers, especially those that might feel a bit excluded by the normal time schedule, offering a nice alternative to our Premium members. Are you in for some action next weekend?

Track will be Silverstone, one of the community favourites, and the racing cars in which you are going to compete will be from the BTCC NGTC free mod, providing some close action!

You can find all of the info you need and the opportunity to take part, in Craig's dedicated post HERE. So, what are you waiting for? Sign up now! The more interest there is, and drivers we get, the more we will be able to do this often!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:

speedyx56

Be gay do crime
Don't like the track nor the cars but I might give this one a go anyway, I like this schedule a lot better than the one for the evening races and I'm really tired of trying to find a place that enforces proper driving standards. (even official competitions like the ADAC GT Masters currently on Raceroom are a mess...)

BP

Premium
I'd be interested, as it'd be a Saturday morning race for us in the Americas...never used those cars before but i'll try anything once LOL

Don't like the track nor the cars but I might give this one a go anyway, I like this schedule a lot better than the one for the evening races and I'm really tired of trying to find a place that enforces proper driving standards. (even official competitions like the ADAC GT Masters currently on Raceroom are a mess...)

You're gonna need Premium membership to enter...it's a very small fee (especially if you buy the 1 year membership) and there's at least 8 races per week every week across various sims...my iRacing subscription expired today and honestly I have no regrets...I have much more fun doing RD races.

Sidenote to RD Staff/admins: since this is a thread promoting premium races, can we please get someone to host US and/or EU races using Automobilista? I know lots of guys have jumped on the VR only train so I assume that might be a factor...but I heard AMS can work in VR with some tweaks, and I want to believe there's quite a few people that still use monitors and would like some AMS races; can't just be only the Aussies love it...the turnout for the Mini Challenge alone I think is proof enough that there's still love for this sim here at RaceDepartment globally!

Please? :ninja:

BP

Premium
Sidenote to RD Staff/admins: since this is a thread promoting premium races, can we please get someone to host US and/or EU races using Automobilista? I know lots of guys have jumped on the VR only train so I assume that might be a factor...but I heard AMS can work in VR with some tweaks, and I want to believe there's quite a few people that still use monitors and would like some AMS races; can't just be only the Aussies love it...the turnout for the Mini Challenge alone I think is proof enough that there's still love for this sim here at RaceDepartment globally!

Please? :ninja:

Another point to consider: RD tends to have lots of news articles on real-world F1 and other open wheel series (which I'm all in support of)...I believe there is no other current sim that has as many versions of F1, F3 and other open wheelers throughout the years as AMS does as base content, which is even better for gaining numbers. The fact that they're all the same spec in each class (i.e. no fast Ferraris and slow Minardis) would make for even better racing...there's even a Helicorsa app for AMS here as well and CrewChief of course...both of which are always highly recommended apps for RD club racing.

@Craig Dunkley @leon_90 is this something you can ask the powers that be to consider? Maybe even do a poll to assess the community's interest in this?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 81 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 28.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.9%
  • €3001-5000