rFactor 2: BMW M6 GT3 Latest DLC Car Announcement

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 BMW M6 GT3 3.jpg

Following on from the recent Porsche 911 GT3 R announcement, Studio 397 have now confirmed the second of four new cars... the BMW M6 GT3!

Set to form part of a four car #rFchallenges DLC offering for the simulation, the next car confirmed to be heading to the rFactor 2 is the stunning BMW M6 GT3 - due to be added alongside the 911 GT3 R alongside two further as yet unannounced vehicles.

At this very early stage of proceedings we are yet to learn when the new pack is expected to land, nor how much it will cost or even if the two mystery cars will even be from the GT3 category, but one thing is for sure - the next few weeks should most certainly be exciting ones for rFactor 2 players!

BMW M6 GT3 3.jpg
rF2 BMW M6 GT3 4.jpg
rF2 BMW M6 GT3.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
It is really nice to see how rF2 starts to shape up.

Now we only need a meu system that allows for easy building of proper custom grids (a system like Content Manager + Assetto Corsa which allows every single detail down to locking individual skins for each AI car andsaving highly customized racing events would be a dream as this lets us simulate and save individual historic races to high detail).

Another aspect I feel is really needed to fix is the still flawed tire model that does produce nonsensical telemetry data in certain cases. If this is fixed rF2 easily has the potential to jump into the new age of sim racing. I am really looking forward to that!

I hope that the very welcomed push in the GT3 car lineup does not mean a slow down of the buildup in the GTE car lineup. I would really love to see the Aston Martin and the Ferrari to be added to complete a current GTE field, then moving on to LMP2 cars ;-)

Now we only need a meu system that allows for easy building of proper custom grids (a system like Content Manager + Assetto Corsa which allows every single detail down to locking individual skins for each AI car andsaving highly customized racing events would be a dream as this lets us simulate and save individual historic races to high detail).
Yes, yes and double yes Dirk Steffen

I'd be interested in any new GT content S397 has on the way, but in the hope that they are able to provide something different, and that the IMSA WeatherTech championship has become my favorite racing series over the last several years, I'm crossing my fingers for the Acura NSX GT3 and the Lexus RC F GT3. Having said that, I realize the Audi and Lamborghini are probably more likely. They've already given me a GT3 Corvette (which nobody races in IMSA... COME ON SOMEBODY DO IT!), so I have no complaints.

If we can whisper to the wish list though, new IndyCar please!

I'm still keen to get some of this new content but was wondering if any of you rfactor 2 guys do endurance racing with the AI with the newer content and have a decent race. I'm not referring to the AI behaviour as I know it's quite good, but more in terms of gameplay bugs like the last time i played i overtook a car for position and dropped 6 places and then got DQ'd, very weird.
Also the AI not overtaking anyone on a pit in lap, is this fixed?
Do they all pit properly for fuel and tires.
It's just that i haven't really had much luck with RF2 and was wondering if its possible to finish a long race with this new content without something going haywire.
Cheers.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing