rFactor 2: BMW M6 GT3 Latest DLC Car Announcement

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 BMW M6 GT3 3.jpg

Following on from the recent Porsche 911 GT3 R announcement, Studio 397 have now confirmed the second of four new cars... the BMW M6 GT3!

Set to form part of a four car #rFchallenges DLC offering for the simulation, the next car confirmed to be heading to the rFactor 2 is the stunning BMW M6 GT3 - due to be added alongside the 911 GT3 R alongside two further as yet unannounced vehicles.

At this very early stage of proceedings we are yet to learn when the new pack is expected to land, nor how much it will cost or even if the two mystery cars will even be from the GT3 category, but one thing is for sure - the next few weeks should most certainly be exciting ones for rFactor 2 players!

BMW M6 GT3 3.jpg
rF2 BMW M6 GT3 4.jpg
rF2 BMW M6 GT3.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
GT3, GT3, GT3. I myself would look for something different, but can't complain, also can't be hostile against people who are happy about spending money to developers for the content they likes more or less.

I saw some wrong attitude against modders right there. True there were many GT3 mods and they will become partly obsolete, but thats not nice to change the attitude about them as it is "safe" to do it now.

I'm looking forward for Reiza content, Formula E gen2, Tatuus cars... so much more to come. Then the Nordschleife !

Perhaps some day there will even be cars like Ferrari F40 GT3, Jaguar D-type GT3, Mercedes W154 GT3, Ford GT40 MK1 GT3, v8supercars GT3, Lotus Cortina GT3, 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray GT3 and other GT3 cars :D

But seriously what does matter the most is the development of software, it is just that it seems to be better to fund the software development by selling content. Though there is already a lot of nice content, and sometimes it seems that people gets a bit too much addicted to hype and looking forward to things, but it has a positive outcome too.

Last edited:
Studio 397, How about in game advertisement to lower the cost of DLC.
its worth a look to help reduce costs for end users who are starting to get a little more than cynical.

Well Street Fighter V is already at £330 in DLC, I expect rF2 to far and away surpass that. Unfortunately I end up buying most of it even though I can see it's starting to get silly. ;-) (wink wink wink)

@Nevini Please no in game advertisement! How many payed DLC does S397 release per year? Let’s say... 4 times per year at €15. That is €60 per year for this game. And if you wait a few months, you pay half price in Steam sales. In between you also get free DLC from S397 regularly and you can subscribe to lots of great mods for free in the Steam workshop. All that for only €60 per year!

A racing sim that pushes advertisement in my face is a racing sim I would drop like a hot stone.

I am more than happy to pay money for any paid content I have interest in and never once whined about any DLC prices or paid mod prices I have purchased as all of those so far without exception are so moderately priced.

If those prices proof to not be sustainable in the future any longer as of less people actually buying DLC and paid mods I am more than happy to pay more for the content I am interested in (modern and vintage GT racing).

Mobile phone apps, websites and services that do not let me pay a subscription or let me otherwise financially support their effort so I can disable advertisements I simply do not use.
This is a very, very bad idea indeed.

Motorsport like most sport is an advertisers wet dream with the amount of sponsorship and product placement etc etc. If done right you would not even notice.

Erm... isn't this the opposite of advertising?
Perhaps if it was handled on the car liveries and/or banners on armco barriers and across bridges etc. I think that was what you may have have been getting at?

A racing sim that pushes advertisement in my face is a racing sim I would drop like a hot stone.

But we watch things that are sponsored by products, racing is sponsored by companies on the cars, the tracks and even the actual programmes have title sponsors etc.
It's a fact of life and if we could have the same kind of advertising as on TV then you'd see it but hopefully non-entrusive on the actual SIM itself, plus the costs of DLC could be reduced along with providing much needed cash for the smaller dev teams to increase productivity, headcount etc.

IMO I think it could be a good thing if executed correctly.

Advertising in Sims is nothing new, my old league added Billboards in rF1 when we got sponsored by a company and no one battered an eye-lid. So for me I won't mind track side advertising if it helps revenue and especially with Racing Sims growing in the eSports world I'd bet you're gonna see a lot more of this in the coming years any way.

Now if we're talking advertising by throwing up random Splash Screens in between Menu Pages or between race Sessions then yeah I'd hate that, it's bad enough when playing a Mobile Phone game when you complete a level that you get an advert thrust in your face to try out another game, so anything like that would be a big No for me.

We saw that kind of advertizing in sponserd assetto corsa's highland track (Sparco & Nvidia's banner are all around).
I don't have any problem with that, aside from that was a fictional track, I think it takes way more process than just normal licensed content.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years