rFactor 2: BMW M6 GT3 Latest DLC Car Announcement

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 BMW M6 GT3 3.jpg

Following on from the recent Porsche 911 GT3 R announcement, Studio 397 have now confirmed the second of four new cars... the BMW M6 GT3!

Set to form part of a four car #rFchallenges DLC offering for the simulation, the next car confirmed to be heading to the rFactor 2 is the stunning BMW M6 GT3 - due to be added alongside the 911 GT3 R alongside two further as yet unannounced vehicles.

At this very early stage of proceedings we are yet to learn when the new pack is expected to land, nor how much it will cost or even if the two mystery cars will even be from the GT3 category, but one thing is for sure - the next few weeks should most certainly be exciting ones for rFactor 2 players!

BMW M6 GT3 3.jpg
rF2 BMW M6 GT3 4.jpg
rF2 BMW M6 GT3.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Simtek - Outdated and not DX11. The team doesn't exist anymore, tho it was a good mod 2 years ago.
Apex - Old models and imo not very good physics
URD - Outdated AF and not DX11.....Tho the DTM mod is pretty awesome.
Enduracers - Please....This mod isn't even in the same league. Physics are awful.

The last few official releases have been open wheelers. There's something from everyone, give us GT fans a break.
Yes, I'll happily "waste" my money :thumbsup:
You (and others) are talking nonsense here. Need I remind you that the best era was rF1; loads of leagues and full grids of 25+ drivers. Guess what? No official licenced cars or laserscanned tracks were used at the time, but the racing was the best. Currently leagues are closing their doors or need to combine to survive and grids with 15+ people are hard to find. The new gen racing games made the racing community slowly dying and (almost) everyone thinks that buying more of the same content will improve the situation, but it doesnt. Of course it's uncool to have a different opinion compared to others, but the racing could still be great with the 'old mods' if most of you guys aren't so eager to spend/waste money on the same content. Within 3 months the official content is already obsolete and people are sreaming for something new to buy. There are simply too much GT3 cars spreaded out over several games and everyone spends their money on the same content over and over again. How many GT3 cars do you need to be happy? Good luck!

EDIT
I've told the same story to this league, but they wouldn't listen. They even tried official content, but no luck at all to come up with grids larger than 10 people.
By the end of this year they disappear. Well done!
(no, I'm not interested in driving against AI)

Now disagree all you want. I'm here to express my opinion, NOT to gather 'likes'.

Last edited:
The Audi, as well as the BMW and Porsche, have been shown with the new material system, which has been in development roughly half a year now. We obviously would not be doing that if we would not release the cars with this system. Our next roadmap update will elaborate on this a lot more and provide a timeline as obviously some adjustments will need to be made to first and third party content.

As for the UI, we're integrating the competition system as we speak. Technically, our front-end is based on Angular and TypeScript and the back-end is mostly Java (leveraging existing technology within Luminis) that is deployed both in the cloud as well as inside the simulation. No direct Python support, however I expect many developers/modders to come up with novel ways to extend the simulation when we release that UI and those can definitely be done in Python if that's your language of choice!

@Marcel Offermans is the competition system like iracing or like raceroom?

Simtek - Outdated and not DX11. The team doesn't exist anymore, tho it was a good mod 2 years ago.
Apex - Old models and imo not very good physics
URD - Outdated AF and not DX11.....Tho the DTM mod is pretty awesome.
Enduracers - Please....This mod isn't even in the same league. Physics are awful.

The last few official releases have been open wheelers. There's something from everyone, give us GT fans a break.
Yes, I'll happily "waste" my money :thumbsup:
I agree except URD, the new T5 pack is on the same level as official content (well one of the guys in that group work for S397 duh!) on physics and graphics. The updated shown for PX looks like will be awesome too
And personally I prefer URD lights over S397, they shine more especially at night, for some weird reason S397 brake lights dont do it well when it's dark

Last edited:
@keto95 I understand what you are saying, but I think you cannot compare the rF1 era with now. There are much more good racing sims now and all these companies have to make money to survive. And what do they do... release DLC content that may be cheaper to license (less exclusivity) and that sells to the public, since GT3’s seem to be the most popular category somehow. At least S397 have released some classic F1 cars and some other non-GT3 and non-GTE cars for free. So I understand all these companies trying to sell these GT(3) cars to us from a commercial perspective. But... is that the reason why there are almost no more leagues with full grids anymore? I personally don’t think so. The online community has spread out over much more racing sims and racing content nowadays and maybe more people are racing vs AI now compared to 10 years ago, because AI has improved over the years as well? But... you won’t get a disagree from me, because that’s just your opinion and I understand your frustrations.

You (and others) are talking nonsense here. Need I remind you that the best era was rF1; loads of leagues and full grids of 25+ drivers. Guess what? No official licenced cars or laserscanned tracks were used at the time, but the racing was the best. Currently leagues are closing their doors or need to combine to survive and grids with 15+ people are hard to find. The new gen racing games made the racing community slowly dying and (almost) everyone thinks that buying more of the same content will improve the situation, but it doesnt. Of course it's uncool to have a different opinion compared to others, but the racing could still be great with the 'old mods' if most of you guys aren't so eager to spend/waste money on the same content. Within 3 months the official content is already obsolete and people are sreaming for something new to buy. There are simply too much GT3 cars spreaded out over several games and everyone spends their money on the same content over and over again. How many GT3 cars do you need to be happy? Good luck!

EDIT
I've told the same story to this league, but they wouldn't listen. They even tried official content, but no luck at all to come up with grids larger than 10 people.
By the end of this year they disappear. Well done!
(no, I'm not interested in driving against AI)

Now disagree all you want. I'm here to express my opinion, NOT to gather 'likes'.
That league got low numbers in every series they did with mods or official content. Leagues come and go (and this one has ran for 11 years! Admins get tired and move on), the problem is that there are "too many" of them doing the same thing splitting a user base that is not big enough to sustain it. More sims split the base, this has nothing to do with DLC (if this was a issue they could keep using free mods and would get big grids). This is not rF1 times anymore when you had 2 choices: GTR2 or rF1.
I raced there and left due to a few things: closed qualify, gap between races in a series was too big so you'd end up joining something else in the end.
I'll say the lack of proper tools from devs for admins to make things more stable and fun is a much bigger deal than DLC of same cars that exist in every sim, like I said admins get tired and move on, when they do there is nobody to replace them because managing a league is a pain and devs dont help, in rF2 is no different, in fact it's even worse.

I don't care where you spend your money, but "S-397 can take my money right now!" is the most foolish statement I've read. Maybe you'll receive some 'likes' for so much stupidity, but I'm not impressed.

Dude, why are you so hostile? This is uncalled for. You call him out because he is excited for new content? Happens all the time, whether it's R3E, AC, ACC or rF2, yet it's the most foolish statement you have read? Really? :rolleyes: WTF

I agree except URD, the new T5 pack is on the same level as official content (well one of the guys in that group work for S397 duh!) on physics and graphics. The updated shown for PX looks like will be awesome too
And personally I prefer URD lights over S397, they shine more especially at night, for some weird reason S397 brake lights dont do it well when it's dark

You didn't disagree with me then. I said their DTM pack is pretty awesome ;)
By outdated i meant their GTE pack as it's pretty old and they already said they won't be updating it, which is fine by me.

I am Bi Polar attack rF2 for me is like a red rag to a bull :laugh: but never make it personal

Mental condition is going to be the health issue of the 21st century.
It's a real eye opener what the right pills can do for your life, just saying :barefoot:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%