rFactor 2: BMW M6 GT3 Latest DLC Car Announcement

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 BMW M6 GT3 3.jpg

Following on from the recent Porsche 911 GT3 R announcement, Studio 397 have now confirmed the second of four new cars... the BMW M6 GT3!

Set to form part of a four car #rFchallenges DLC offering for the simulation, the next car confirmed to be heading to the rFactor 2 is the stunning BMW M6 GT3 - due to be added alongside the 911 GT3 R alongside two further as yet unannounced vehicles.

At this very early stage of proceedings we are yet to learn when the new pack is expected to land, nor how much it will cost or even if the two mystery cars will even be from the GT3 category, but one thing is for sure - the next few weeks should most certainly be exciting ones for rFactor 2 players!

BMW M6 GT3 3.jpg
rF2 BMW M6 GT3 4.jpg
rF2 BMW M6 GT3.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I'm still keen to get some of this new content but was wondering if any of you rfactor 2 guys do endurance racing with the AI with the newer content and have a decent race. I'm not referring to the AI behaviour as I know it's quite good, but more in terms of gameplay bugs like the last time i played i overtook a car for position and dropped 6 places and then got DQ'd, very weird.
Also the AI not overtaking anyone on a pit in lap, is this fixed?
Do they all pit properly for fuel and tires.
It's just that i haven't really had much luck with RF2 and was wondering if its possible to finish a long race with this new content without something going haywire.
Cheers.

It's hard to say what happened without more information about the race you did. You don't happen to have the XML result file for it anymore, do you? I'm going to take a wild guess that you might have cut the track a few times while driving, which, after 3 times, results in you getting a penalty (which you should see, btw) and ignoring that penalty for 5 laps will convert the penalty into a DQ.

It's hard to say what happened without more information about the race you did. You don't happen to have the XML result file for it anymore, do you? I'm going to take a wild guess that you might have cut the track a few times while driving, which, after 3 times, results in you getting a penalty (which you should see, btw) and ignoring that penalty for 5 laps will convert the penalty into a DQ.

Hi Marcel,I can't seem to find the XML, maybe that was it but don't recall seeing anything.
Cheers

I'm still keen to get some of this new content but was wondering if any of you rfactor 2 guys do endurance racing with the AI with the newer content and have a decent race. I'm not referring to the AI behaviour as I know it's quite good, but more in terms of gameplay bugs like the last time i played i overtook a car for position and dropped 6 places and then got DQ'd, very weird.
Also the AI not overtaking anyone on a pit in lap, is this fixed?
Do they all pit properly for fuel and tires.
It's just that i haven't really had much luck with RF2 and was wondering if its possible to finish a long race with this new content without something going haywire.
Cheers.
None of this is fixed. They haven't bothered addressing any AI issues for years.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, but are you ever going to address the concerns of the AI? You haven't even addressed the AI comments in his response, which therefore leads me to think you're still palming this off like you have done for years. The AI not overtaking when they're expected to pit on the same lap is a valid concern, one which has mentioned time and time again. Just like the AI not utilizing a slip stream. We have fundamental issues with the AI which have existed for years, and despite your playerbase advising you of these issues, you make no comment; even on the official forums..

Just reading this thread, and the other one on the Porsche, I am wondering where the notion came from that we are releasing 4 cars? Lots of interesting suggestions in these threads though! We'll reveal more soon as approvals come in!

It's because some of us have some faith in you and the gifts you will bestow upon us this Christmas, or the next, actually doesnt really matter when, just bestow away already

I'm sorry, but are you ever going to address the concerns of the AI? You haven't even addressed the AI comments in his response, which therefore leads me to think you're still palming this off like you have done for years. The AI not overtaking when they're expected to pit on the same lap is a valid concern, one which has mentioned time and time again. Just like the AI not utilizing a slip stream. We have fundamental issues with the AI which have existed for years, and despite your playerbase advising you of these issues, you make no comment; even on the official forums..

Not sure if you know, but Studio397 only took over rFactor2 in 2016, the years before who was in charge was ISI, the original creators of the simulator...

By the way S397 done more for the good of rF2 these couple of years, than ISI, if they're working on the AI? I don't know, maybe yes, but for sure Marcel won't be answering what they're doing now, but regarding their work these last years i'm sure they're working on the right path for the future of the simulator ;) maybe just the priority in this moment is not the AI...

Not sure if you know, but Studio397 only took over rFactor2 in 2016, the years before who was in charge was ISI, the original creators of the simulator...

By the way S397 done more for the good of rF2 these couple of years, than ISI, if they're working on the AI? I don't know, maybe yes, but for sure Marcel won't be answering what they're doing now, but regarding their work these last years i'm sure they're working on the right path for the future of the simulator ;) maybe just the priority in this moment is not the AI...

My point is, they do not even acknowledge our valuable feedback. We go to painstaking lengths to advise on what happens on such a condition, etc. We do not even get a respond or an acknowledgement for our work.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%