rFactor 2 | 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 Arrives Wednesday

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have posted a new trailer for the upcoming 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 - heading to rFactor 2 as a free piece of content this coming Wednesday.
  • 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 arrives Wednesday.
  • Car will be free for owners of the original Continental GT3.

rFactor 2 is set to receive another new GT3 specification car later this week, with confirmation that the new style 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 will be added to the simulation, and furthermore, the car is going to be a free content release for players who already own the original Bentley machine.

Should you already own the Bentley GT3, or wish to purchase it in future, the new style car will be added to the simulation at no additional cost - as it comes together with the original car as part of the item offering on the Steam Store.

Bentley_Continental_GT3_2020_10.jpg

Having enjoyed a successful run in GT3 racing already, the improved Continental GT3 should prove to be another competitive car from the British brand - and that sound!

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the simulation? No worries, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, post a question and let the community help you out!

Bentley_Continental_GT3_2020_13.jpg

Last edited:
Hate to be such a buzzkill but I just cannot be bothered about GT3 cars in any other sim than AC Competizione anymore. When you have one sim that specializes in GT3 cars and delivers them with the kind of fidelity, depth, detail, quality that general-purpose sims cannot hope to get anywhere near to, it just kinda makes the same cars feel redundant in other sims.

Last edited:
I can't help but thinking the best thing S397 could do would be to finally implement some kind of HY system into the physics engine and release an LMP1 car, given that the majority of its content is endurance-related. we have all GTE, we have the Oreca LMP2, with the LMP1 would become the main WEC simulator, even more now that the category and classes are at the end of their lifecycle. even AC has HY system since release with LMP1 cars..and it will also set the base for future development of the new HYpercar class. while I love S397 GT3, the category is pretty busy those days, and there is another sim that does that on a nearly perfect level...

Soooo, any risk of these getting any better to drive? (in terms of steering feedback)

Like, not pulling silly-hard to centre under brakes, and actually warning of oversteer with a subtle counter-steer effect (like you get in, you know, real cars). This seems to be an issue in all S397 cars (consequently making all their GT3/Es feel identical).

While I agree with Hoksu and SuperMonacoGP about GT3 being better in ACC, I'm not asking for ACC or even AC levels of intuitiveness, I don't expect miracles (nor the extreme ease of AMS). But DLC we pay for like this should be at least as good a feel as free mods of the same car (eg. Apex Modding's GT3 pack).

Last edited:
Hate to be such a buzzkill but I just cannot be bothered about GT3 cars in any other sim than AC Competizione anymore. When you have one sim that specializes in GT3 cars and delivers them with the kind of fidelity, depth, detail, quality that general-purpose sims cannot hope to get anywhere near to, it just kinda makes the same cars feel redundant in other sims.
Cool. The ACC forum is on the next door on the left side.

... Until you want to drive GT3 cars on tracks that aren't part of the ACC package. There are clearly some track and car combinations that you won't get in ACC and especialy the often requested Nordschleife comes to my mind. I would say there is a place for any sim, though I would personaly like to see more focus on historic content. Still waiting for the Reynard that will never happen.

But one can dream about a 70s GT or a Group C DLC with the current lineup of brands and the focus on endurance racing in rF2. Some 70s IMSA cars are a must have in my book.

I own ACC and all the GT3’s in rF2, but I much prefer driving them in rF2, since the FFB I get in rF2 is much better on my Logitech G27 wheel. Also, rF2 performs much better on my system. So I still can be bothered! ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 196 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.5%