rFactor 2 | 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 Arrives Wednesday

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have posted a new trailer for the upcoming 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 - heading to rFactor 2 as a free piece of content this coming Wednesday.
  • 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 arrives Wednesday.
  • Car will be free for owners of the original Continental GT3.

rFactor 2 is set to receive another new GT3 specification car later this week, with confirmation that the new style 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 will be added to the simulation, and furthermore, the car is going to be a free content release for players who already own the original Bentley machine.

Should you already own the Bentley GT3, or wish to purchase it in future, the new style car will be added to the simulation at no additional cost - as it comes together with the original car as part of the item offering on the Steam Store.

Bentley_Continental_GT3_2020_10.jpg

Having enjoyed a successful run in GT3 racing already, the improved Continental GT3 should prove to be another competitive car from the British brand - and that sound!

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the simulation? No worries, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, post a question and let the community help you out!

Bentley_Continental_GT3_2020_13.jpg

Last edited:
I can't help but thinking the best thing S397 could do would be to finally implement some kind of HY system into the physics engine and release an LMP1 car, given that the majority of its content is endurance-related. we have all GTE, we have the Oreca LMP2, with the LMP1 would become the main WEC simulator, even more now that the category and classes are at the end of their lifecycle. even AC has HY system since release with LMP1 cars..and it will also set the base for future development of the new HYpercar class. while I love S397 GT3, the category is pretty busy those days, and there is another sim that does that on a nearly perfect level...
Hybrid will be added if a car gets released that has it and LMP1 will never be content for rF2, because spending that big money on a license that belongs to a class that wont exist anymore in a year time is just a waste, unless a manufacturer basically asks for it to be in this game it will not happen, the only chance is some (maybe all, maybe not) of the new Gen of LM Prototypes makes their way into rF2

ACC is pretty good when it comes to GT3´s but it has to be said its not the be all end all of GT3 racing sims, it has way to many limitations and issues in all kinds of areas to make it the only sim worthy of GT3, thats why all those sims are so different, there is no perfect way of doing things

Last edited:
Hybrid will be added if a car gets released that has it and LMP1 will never be content for rF2, because spending that big money on a license that belongs to a class that wont exist anymore in a year time is just a waste, unless a manufacturer basically asks for it to be in this game it will not happen, the only chance is some (maybe all, maybe not) of the new Gen of LM Prototypes makes their way into rF2

ACC is pretty good when it comes to GT3´s but it has to be said its not the be all end all of GT3 racing sims, it has way to many limitations and issues in all kinds of areas to make it the only sim worthy of GT3, thats why all those sims are so different, there is no perfect way of doing things

they could have done it years ago. S397 already licensed Porsche and Audi cars.
and if the problem is HY, at least a Rebellion, might as well go for a ByKolles.
but making an LMP2 and calling it "Le Mans pack" feels kinda lame to me.

they could have done it years ago. S397 already licensed Porsche and Audi cars.
and if the problem is HY, at least a Rebellion, might as well go for a ByKolles.
but making an LMP2 and calling it "Le Mans pack" feels kinda lame to me.
licensing other Porsche and Audi cars doesnt mean the license for LMP1 costs any less and looking at when the Endurance Pack came out at that point in time LMP1 was already a dying class

it would be much better if they manage to get some of the new ones instead, but thats still a bit to go

Last edited:
It reminds me of this challenge

1600698537861.png
If it's somewhat authentic, the difference is pretty easy to spot between the two cars :p:

Old Continental: Aerodynamically horrific brick with more front engine quirks, more exhausting to drive over a long time.

New Continental: Purpose built race machine, more friendly to attack the track, less exhausting to drive over a long time, still looks like a brick, but doesn't act like one.

Nice move to make it free for the buyers of the old continental! :)

I'm excited for this launch even though I'm typically more of a GTE guy because I have a VR-only rig and I think we all know how well ACC works in that space. Plus, options and alternatives don't hurt, do they?

Also, I think that implmenting LMP1 now would be supremely dumb because it is dying in the very near future. Hypercar or LMDh, on the other hand, would be phenomenal to see. Maybe rF2 could partner with the WEC as they have in the past and become a "launch sim" of sorts for some of those cars? A man can dream...

Any chance we see an official C8.R at some point?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back