rFactor 2 | 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 Arrives Wednesday

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have posted a new trailer for the upcoming 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 - heading to rFactor 2 as a free piece of content this coming Wednesday.
  • 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 arrives Wednesday.
  • Car will be free for owners of the original Continental GT3.

rFactor 2 is set to receive another new GT3 specification car later this week, with confirmation that the new style 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 will be added to the simulation, and furthermore, the car is going to be a free content release for players who already own the original Bentley machine.

Should you already own the Bentley GT3, or wish to purchase it in future, the new style car will be added to the simulation at no additional cost - as it comes together with the original car as part of the item offering on the Steam Store.

Bentley_Continental_GT3_2020_10.jpg

Having enjoyed a successful run in GT3 racing already, the improved Continental GT3 should prove to be another competitive car from the British brand - and that sound!

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the simulation? No worries, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, post a question and let the community help you out!

Bentley_Continental_GT3_2020_13.jpg

Last edited:
Curious, what does having a VR only rig have you do with you enjoying GTEs over GT3s?

In hindsight I wasn't really clear lol. What I mean is that I'm excited for this launch of a GT3 car, despite my typical preference for GTEs, because I have a VR-only rig and ACC performs generally poorly in VR, making rF2 my go-to GT3 sim. Hopefully that makes more sense

Last edited:
Only at Sprunghügel GT3-cars will lift off the ground since they use high aero and the most advanced 4-way-dampers available today (a set costs 10k Euro without springs). GT3-drivers are saying, Nordschleife is a very smooth ride with a GT3-car. I don't think the dampers are to blame, but the tyres. In the 2nd lap they already start smearing and make the cars oversteering and unpredictable while modern GT3-slick-tyres are made for running up to 115° C. Power-oversteer incidents became very rare in real GT3-racing compare to 5 years ago, so I assume the TC-systems became so advanced that they are sort of idiot-proof in this regard.
They're not idiot proof... I've driven one!

They're not idiot proof... I've driven one!
I said 'sort-of' in the combination with 'power-oversteer', not overall. This weekend there is the next 24h Nürburgring and I suggest to watch the stream as well as the many onboards and all I can tell is: The real cars are still too far away from rF2 and ACC. If you would combine both strengths, it would be a winner, but not like it its now. The Nürburgring-race is different, because about 120 slower cars are as well on the track and GT3-cars are basically driving a slalom around those, so very different lines than usual. In this condition you see what these cars are really capable of and Raceroom, even pCars 2/3 seems more authentic in this regard.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years