rFactor 2 – Q4 2022 Update and New Content Released

Studio 397 has released the Q4 2022 update for the rFactor 2 simulator, adding four new tracks and two new cars. Alongside a good number of fixes and tweaks, the update also contains improved AI code for a better offline racing experience, and a new streamlined in-game store that is easier and quicker to use.

Release Note: Due to the conclusion of the licensing arrangement with Formula E, the Monaco E-Prix Circuit will be removed from sale within the rFactor 2 Steam Store during this launch. The new London E-Prix will be added to the existing Formula E pack for new purchases going forward.

Last edited:
Boy am I excited to try the Vanwall, haven't had a chance yet.

Anyone have an opportunity yet? How does is feel??? Can't wait for the talented painters to get some skins out for it!!

Perhaps I've got to install rf2 again, especially for Bahrain, Croft & Thruxton + AI improvements. Sounds yummy.

Boy am I excited to try the Vanwall, haven't had a chance yet.

Anyone have an opportunity yet? How does is feel??? Can't wait for the talented painters to get some skins out for it!!
Generally the car has been well received. I drove it briefly yesterday testing AMD driver versions so I didn't get a long session with it.

Let me get this right, rFactor 2 sells for $31.99 on Steam and the Q4 Pack that has only 2 cars and just 4 tracks sells for $27.88? For $4.11 more you get the entire game itself and all the default cars and tracks it contains. What messed up business model is Motorsport Games using? No thanks, I'll pass and stick with AMS2.

The game that costs 39USD, and sells a single track pack - 1 track, multiple layouts for 9USD a piece?
You're incorrect. It comes standard with way more cars and tracks than rF2 without buying any of the DLC's which, by the way, go on sale regularly. I checked with Studio397 and none of the 2022 DLC's are going on sale this year. The details are at their website below:

You're incorrect. It comes standard with way more cars and tracks than rF2 without buying any of the DLC's which, by the way, go on sale regularly. I checked with Studio397 and none of the 2022 DLC's are going on sale this year. The details are at their website below:

That wasn't a part of the equation in your last post. That was strictly about DLC cost v base game cost and content of both.
rF2 has DLC packs on sale every time there is a Steam-sale, who knows what we'll get at the Black Friday sale.

That wasn't a part of the equation in your last post. That was strictly about DLC cost v base game cost and content of both.
rF2 has DLC packs on sale every time there is a Steam-sale, who knows what we'll get at the Black Friday sale.
I think I understand what you're saying. As I said, a representative from Studio397 replied to my post on FB when they had their last rF2 sale on Steam not long ago. I specificaly asked if the four 2022 Content Drops will be going on sale anytime this year. He said absolutely not. With that said, I find AMS2 a much less expensive and expansive simulation for the money when it was on sale. I hope that LFM eventually adds AMS2 to their platform as I cannot afford to get all of the necessary DLC's for rF2. Enjoy your rF2 content drop. Cheers!

Been a while but looking at RF2 because of LFM.

If you already had already bought the 2 BTCC packs, do you need to buy the BMW BTCC (single car) in order to be able to race online?
yes IF the server is also featuring the BMW. Your carset must match the carset of the server, which 99.9% of the time includes all cars in a class. This will also be true when the Honda/Vauxhall/Cupra cars get released.

When or if? :O_o::roflmao:
I think the Vanwall LMP prevented the release of one of the last 3 marques. (I don't know how long they had to react to that offer from ByKolles)
But I don't think, despite MSG's problems, that rF2 itself is close to being shut down. They have some money from MSG that they have been spending this year, I would 'HOPE' that will carry them forward for a time, at least.

I think the Vanwall LMP prevented the release of one of the last 3 marques. (I don't know how long they had to react to that offer from ByKolles)
But I don't think, despite MSG's problems, that rF2 itself is close to being shut down. They have some money from MSG that they have been spending this year, I would 'HOPE' that will carry them forward for a time, at least.
I know, I was joking. Hopefully in the first quarter update for 23 we will see some more not sure they're into Christmas surprises so doubt there will be anymore before q1

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%