rFactor 1 or 2?

I've been getting into sim racing over the past few months, but all I've done have been sprint races in RACE 07, and I want to get one of the rFactor games for a more diverse experience as well as endurance races. I'm not sure if I should get the first or the second game, because I want to play with other racers.

If you manage to bypass the rFactor imbalanced grip, I would go with rFactor for these reasons:

1)The mods
2)rFactor 2 is still a WIP, and the pace at which the game is being developed is slow atm. So, it will be a long while before we see a 1.00 release of rFactor 2.

You cant go wrong with Game Stock Car 2012 mate, it is by far the best feeling sim out at the moment, Rfactor2 will come good but is far from the finished sim. Plus you can try it out in full to see how it feels, just go to the GSC forum.

The only thing I don't like about GSC2012 is that it's graphics are so extremely outdated. rFactor2 isn't spectacular either but it's still pretty good looking. That level would be completely sufficient for me. :\

Would you trade looks for feel, personally I would say No, do you want eye candy and it to be unrealistic or a slight less looking SIM but with great feel.. these days you can buy a top end card the next month its been super ceeded, so if they are only pushing the looks for sales and it hasnt got any feel I will happily stay with the old / outdated stuff.

I'd probably go for GSC '12 first and when rF2 comes out get it if it still piques your interest. rF2's fantastic, but it's still under development and has some rough edges and tendency to lack players at the moment, but it'll be great when it's finished.

1. Game Stock Car 2012
2. rFactor 1
3. rFactor 2 one day when the release build comes out.

As was said here, GSC2012 has epic feel, I was very annoyed and disappointed with the original - there is even a closed thread on here somewhere where I stated that I thought it was overrated, and got flamed by Fanboys :p - but the 2012 version is in another class. The Formula Reizas are as I would imagine real F1 cars - though, of course, that is subject to own opinion.

If you like F1, like me, rFactor 1 is also a good addition to your collection. There are so many mods that just take your breath away...

I actually had rFactor 2 on the build just before build 118 I think, but I was really disappointed with the level of 'polish' still after 8 months progress. Thus, I got a refund. And let's just say I will never get a refund on either rFactor 1 or GSC 2012, it's that good ;)

Hope that helps.

I love GSC2012, but the problem with it is that there are hardly online people racing most of the time. The leagues/fun races from RD have been awesome though and the physics are great.

Like most said above, rF1 has tons of mods and endurance races. But I only like/play a few mods as I think GSC2012 and rF2 surpass it big time in physics. Though some are not bad at all.

rF2 has a few races/leagues here and there even though it's beta. Few mods though, but this game will be big in a years time or so.

The future is rF2 in my opinion.I mostly play this at the moment. But content is currently very limited.

Perfect solution? Get them all ;)

Personally I took the decsision to drive RFactor and enjoy its amazing mod content as a way of improving and getting sheer pleasure as well as getting to know ISI game structure a little. I am not techy enough to persist with a BETA so will buy FR2 when it goes gold.
In my view its important to sort your FFB with the Real Feel and Leos Mods. Once setup its fantastic. I am currently in my second (16 race) season in the 1991 F1 mod. Did one in the Lotus, now in the Jordan and plan to drive the McLaren and at least one Pirelli shod car before I'm done.
Have fun.

Personally I took the decsision to drive RFactor and enjoy its amazing mod content as a way of improving and getting sheer pleasure as well as getting to know ISI game structure a little. I am not techy enough to persist with a BETA so will buy FR2 when it goes gold.
In my view its important to sort your FFB with the Real Feel and Leos Mods. Once setup its fantastic. I am currently in my second (16 race) season in the 1991 F1 mod. Did one in the Lotus, now in the Jordan and plan to drive the McLaren and at least one Pirelli shod car before I'm done.
Have fun.

I had been loving the rf1 mods too (the F1 and endurance pack particularly) but decided to dust off the rf2 beta and get it up to date with build 134 all the latest mods, and its a lot better than the last time i played, which was something like build 68.
Shows great progress, but I totally understand people waiting for the gold. Im not really involved with any beta work, but I paid the dolla dolla for a lifetime subscription from the start, and the latest offering has settled my worried mind that ISI and the great modders will knock this out the park when it does go gold.

In the meantime....listen to the turbo winding up on this bad boi David :)

I would say go for rF1!!

GSC2012 is definately a superb sim with excellent FFB and even better feeling from the physics. The only problem is possibly longevity for you as it's content (though gr8) is down to personal taste.

rF1 has so much good quality mod content it could keep you going for ages whatever your racing tastes are.

rF2 I'm sadly not convinced about. For me the performance on my system is very poor and it just doesn't feel right to drive.:(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back