rF2: Zandvoort Talk 'n' Drive

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Zandvoort will be return to the Formula One calendar next season, but rFactor 2 players can have it now!

The Dutch Grand Prix will return for the 2020 Formula One season, heading back to the Netherlands and the Zandvoort circuit for the first time in 35 years. While that alone is big news for Dutch racing fans, the fact that Grand Prix racing returns to Zandvoort once again should be a source of excitement for the drivers of the Formula One field - as the seaside track is one of the more interesting and entertaining circuits to drive in modern racing cars.

Fortunately sim racing fans don't have to wait until 2020, as the circuit is currently available as free additional content for rFactor 2 - and what's more, it has recently undergone a significant update as Studio 397 look to put the finishing touches to the track and bring it up to modern standards found in recent content released to the sim.

So, despite being a little late to the party, I fancied a go in rFactor 2 and strapped myself into the Radical SR3 for our latest 'talk n drive' video. Enjoy.

rF2 Zandvoort Talk n Drive 2.jpg
rF2 Monaco E-Prix Talk 'n' Drive 3.jpg

The rFactor 2 Zandvoort circuit is available for rF2 now.

For more from the world of rFactor 2, head over to the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today! If racing against others in a clean environment floats your boat, then we can help you with that too... get yourself over to the rF2 Racing Club page, have a look what's on offer and sign up to race with us!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Definitely one of the best looking tracks for rfactor2, but a bit sad to see that after all this time, Studio397 still didn't fix the problem with the straight line speed of the AI in the Radical.

Radical SR3? If so I'm pretty sure they did long ago, I've had some great races with that car and AI have same top line speed.
Unless you're referring to the other Radical GT3?

Radical SR3? If so I'm pretty sure they did long ago, I've had some great races with that car and AI have same top line speed.
Unless you're referring to the other Radical GT3?

No, it was the SR3, but if it's fixed, thats good news! Haven't driven it myself for a long time, and in the video it looked like the problem still persisted, but it could also be the driving. :p

From my experience the AI works at best at Zandvoort even before this update. I did all all kinds of classes on this one from GT3, Formula E, Formula Vee, Puma GTE, LMP 3 or Skip Barber to name a few and all worked well afaik. Take out the Flat 6 one time, because it's IMO the best Porsche Cup nowadays. The ACC-Cup is nice as well, just completely useless in a GT3-field and flat-spotting in rF2 is really an issue, on the bright side of sim-racing:rolleyes:.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.3%