• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured rF2: Zandvoort Talk 'n' Drive

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,610

Zandvoort will be return to the Formula One calendar next season, but rFactor 2 players can have it now!

The Dutch Grand Prix will return for the 2020 Formula One season, heading back to the Netherlands and the Zandvoort circuit for the first time in 35 years. While that alone is big news for Dutch racing fans, the fact that Grand Prix racing returns to Zandvoort once again should be a source of excitement for the drivers of the Formula One field - as the seaside track is one of the more interesting and entertaining circuits to drive in modern racing cars.

Fortunately sim racing fans don't have to wait until 2020, as the circuit is currently available as free additional content for rFactor 2 - and what's more, it has recently undergone a significant update as Studio 397 look to put the finishing touches to the track and bring it up to modern standards found in recent content released to the sim.

So, despite being a little late to the party, I fancied a go in rFactor 2 and strapped myself into the Radical SR3 for our latest 'talk n drive' video. Enjoy.

rF2 Zandvoort Talk n Drive 2.jpg rF2 Monaco E-Prix Talk 'n' Drive 3.jpg

The rFactor 2 Zandvoort circuit is available for rF2 now.

For more from the world of rFactor 2, head over to the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today! If racing against others in a clean environment floats your boat, then we can help you with that too... get yourself over to the rF2 Racing Club page, have a look what's on offer and sign up to race with us!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 14
    • Love Love x 6
  2. Christoph Laux

Christoph Laux

Ratings:
    +3
    Definitely one of the best looking tracks for rfactor2, but a bit sad to see that after all this time, Studio397 still didn't fix the problem with the straight line speed of the AI in the Radical.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. makan

makan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +148
    I think this video recorded before 397 updated the asphalt tone/color, am i right?
    @Paul Jeffrey
    Thanks for video:thumbsup:

4. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +667
    Radical SR3? If so I'm pretty sure they did long ago, I've had some great races with that car and AI have same top line speed.
    Unless you're referring to the other Radical GT3?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Christoph Laux

Christoph Laux

Ratings:
    +3
    No, it was the SR3, but if it's fixed, thats good news! Haven't driven it myself for a long time, and in the video it looked like the problem still persisted, but it could also be the driving. :p

6. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium

Ratings:
    +211
    From my experience the AI works at best at Zandvoort even before this update. I did all all kinds of classes on this one from GT3, Formula E, Formula Vee, Puma GTE, LMP 3 or Skip Barber to name a few and all worked well afaik. Take out the Flat 6 one time, because it's IMO the best Porsche Cup nowadays. The ACC-Cup is nice as well, just completely useless in a GT3-field and flat-spotting in rF2 is really an issue, on the bright side of sim-racing:rolleyes:.

7. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +295
    Glad the track quality is maintaining Sebring standards. I'm warming up to rF2. I recently had a really good Mid-Ohio race, actually, with AI.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador

Ratings:
    +18
  9. Mikec87

Mikec87
    Premium

Ratings:
    +70
    Great video. it has been good watching this track grow and mature. I really need to get my tracks updated a bit more....there is so much work involved in track building.

10. Flip-Flop Driver

Flip-Flop Driver

Ratings:
    +63
    "It's got something that probably new fans of the sport won't remember. Gravel traps".
    Vettel in Germany last year? :p

Isn't RF2 studio in the Netherlands? They should release the JUMBO Max Verstappen Bundle.
    It could benefit all the game fans with the hybrid stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +339
    The video was done on track settings high, while the full settings offer 3D grass, animated flags and a bunch of smaller trackside details. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.