RF2 won't start via start-programs-

Hi

when I go to start-programs-rfactor 2-rfactor2 the game won't start at all. Opening task manger shows it isn't running.

I've got it installed under D:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2 and when I use explorer to go to D:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher and run Launch rFactor it starts fine.

Checking the start menu location for where it thinks rfactor 2 is it shows
D:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher which would be correct.

I've tried running it as Administrator as well but again nothing happens.

It's not a big deal as I can still start it via explorer, just wondering if there's a known fix for it not starting from the start menu or if I'm doing something dumb.

Thanks

I've got round it by just pinning the launcher to the start menu, so it's always there anyway.

By the way, if your on the fence about getting the full version, I highly recommend it.
The additional cars and track you get with the full version are incredible. I haven't even had to mess about with the FFB settings on my G27 either.

If you like GSCE you'll love this.

I absolutely love GSCE (who doesn't?) but the price of 85$ is quite a show stopper for me.
Should have known about that last year when $/€ balance was more in our favor :)

Well ... there might be people saying it's totaly fine paying 50€ for a cinema ticket because the movie is absolutely worth it, but then again, all other tickets cost only around 10€.

If you move away from the default pricing (50-60€ for AAA, 20-40€ for indie) then you're entering an area in which people will rethink their purchase as it simply feels wrong.

I know it, you know it - i will buy it anyways, just needs some more time to make me feel happy with spending 85$ on a videogame :)

Well ... there might be people saying it's totaly fine paying 50€ for a cinema ticket because the movie is absolutely worth it, but then again, all other tickets cost only around 10€.

If you move away from the default pricing (50-60€ for AAA, 20-40€ for indie) then you're entering an area in which people will rethink their purchase as it simply feels wrong.

I know it, you know it - i will buy it anyways, just needs some more time to make me feel happy with spending 85$ on a videogame :)
You can buy it without livetime online first for something like 50$ and then later upgrade if you like it. Did the same on the first release bought it for something like 45 to 50$ with online limited to 1 year (back then unlimited until out of beta) and when it got close to paying the yearly fee I upgraded to lifetime as I was planning to race it online for several more years :D

Ya, that's the point right there ... it doesn't really state anywhere which options you have once your free online year runs out. I'm definitely not interested in purchasing an online subscription.

Ya, that's the point right there ... it doesn't really state anywhere which options you have once your free online year runs out. I'm definitely not interested in purchasing an online subscription.
Yes, it is a bit hidden.
Here the "upgrade price list", if you purchase 1 year online first:

Yes, you can upgrade your purchase. As of April 28, 2014 the rates are:
USD 52
GBP 34
EUR 38
JPY 5300
CAD 50
AUD 50
NZD 56
These amounts can be sent to us via Paypal to our upgrade@rFactor.net Paypal account. Please send your RF order number in the payment information. Please allow two working days to process.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%