Rf2 vs ACC

I've been playing the old RF2 since it came out, but recently lost access to it.

I bought AC recently as it was cheap and I like it but it's much more a game than a sim.

I will be mostly playing off line without spending on DLC, but using free mods. I'd like to race online a bit but can't make leagues.
I race every class without preference. The AI behaviour is more important.

Rfactor2 Steam and Assett Corsa Competizione are currently about the same price, though ACC seems to come with a lot more content in the Ultimate pack which matches RF2's price.

ACC seems more glitzy than gutsy, but Rfactor2 used to be very complicated.

Which would you choose if you could only have one?

• Deleted member 379375

So you think - reading a title - a comparison is usefull?
That would actually mean ACC is bad as it does not have GTE/LMP2 at all. Which is obviously worse than waiting for them to load for a finite time.
But we know that ACC isn't bad at all. It just does not have the content rF2 has. And rF2 does not have the loading times ACC has. Etc. That's what I call a useless comparison. And maybe I'm too lazy to care about headlines.

This doesn't make any sense

• Deleted member 379375

It does. In fact it's even quite simple to understand:)

Pardon me for thinking "Rf2 vs ACC" meant compare one to the other!!!

Maybe the title should be changed to "Vote for RF2 and don't dare be critical in any way" otherwise people get upset.

The fact is it has fundamental longstanding issues which detract massively from its appeal. Yes the FFB is top notch but most of the rest is average or poor.
The interface is a disaster, still!

As an analogy you can compare a Ferrari to a Porsche but if the Porsche is in bits with lots of broken parts and owners waiting for it to be fixed don't be surprised if you ask owners of both to compare them if you get some negative comments.
And this content argument that gets banded around everywhere can be summed up as " it may be crap but there's lots of it".

I genuinely hope it gets better but I'm not going to pretend it's okay as it is because it isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the title should be changed to "Vote for RF2 and don't dare be critical in any way" otherwise people get upset.
()
As an analogy you can compare a Ferrari to a Porsche but if the Porsche is in bits
Hahaha good one :roflmao:
The only thing is that taken from the latest F1 race then the analogy should be it was the Ferrari that was "in bits". Or rather be broken :roflmao:

My biggest problem with ACC is that the track list is full of European tracks (I like only a few of them) and the car list is full of boring GT cars. :D There are a lot of cars in the game but the driving experience is basically the same with all of them so it becomes repetitive and boring in a short time. On the positive side with ACC it's easy to go play online as a casual racer. So if you want to race it's very good. The AI is also pretty good.
My problem with rF2 is that you can't go online if you're a casual player. And the sounds are pretty meh most of the time. Fortunately the AI is OK, usually it's good, a lot depends on the track you want to race on. I like the graphics of rF2 more (probably I'm the only one) from cockpit view. And I can race on basically almost any track with almost any car.
I have all the official GT cars in rF2, all the DLCs for AC (and some payware mods), all the tracks for ACC but I always go back to rF2 for some reason and race non GT cars on NA tracks. :D I guess 8-9 years of GT racing was enough.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back