rF2 | Update for ALL Official S397 Content Incoming...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have been busy!

The Dutch development team behind rFactor 2 have been hard at work so it seems, with confirmation that in the very near future all content, both car and track, produced by the studio for rFactor 2 will be in receipt of the update treatment. Yes, everything in the S397 Steam Workshop is about to be updated in the near future, so league hosts and club race organisers beware..

(Note: Store items are also included in the update).

No drop date for the new updates have been confirmed, but expect it to be very soon indeed...

Edit: Further clarification regarding exactly what this update will include has been given by Studio 397 head Marcel Offermans, which varies slightly from my initial and mistaken understanding. For full clarification, you can see the post from Marcel below:

We are updating all our cars to ensure they look good in the new public beta UI. That does not mean this update (coming soon) will instantly update all of those cars to newer shaders, more detailed 3D models, state of the art sounds and whatever else you could read into this. I had a quick chat with @Paul Jeffrey already to explain. I just wanted to set the record straight. That said, we do have some (I think) really nice surprises coming up in what will no doubt be our biggest roadmap update ever. And we certainly will stay committed to keep improving everything we can over time!
My apologies for any confusion caused!

rFactor 2 is exclusively available for PC.

Questions? Ask the community and post a thread in the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment! If you love racing online, why not check out our rFactor 2 Racing Club - a fantastic place to experience this sim with in a clean, safe and competitive environment.

rF2 Update Coming 1.jpg
rF2 Update Coming 2.jpg
rF2 Update Coming 3.jpg

Last edited:
The UI update has been long in waiting , I for one look forward to this. I think its a pretty important update to bring rF2 more in line with other sim offerings. The UI has always been a weak point of rf2 and off putting to many. Anything that makes a sim more usable and new user friendly is a good thing.

Not sure why people where confused... it's clear that the update is to align the content with the future UI. My Guess it's mostly tags and thumbnails updates. Which means the UI release is Imminent.

Just got a 2.7GB download for rF2. And now it's updating all the official rF2 content.

Ok so in one week we got R3E then ACC and today the rF2 updates. Can you imagine how stressed I am right now? What to do now?! I'm afraid I have to cancel all X-mas festivities with my family. So if this ends up in some family fights I blame all of you devs, beta testers, updaters. Thanks!!

----------

In all seriousness. Excellent work from all of you!! Keep up the good work and enjoy holiday season with friends and/or family (if they still like you ;))

edit: oooh and 'en-passant' also a Wreckfest 3.9Gb update...

Just got a 2.7GB download for rF2. And now it's updating all the official rF2 content.

Ok so in one week we got R3E then ACC and today the rF2 updates. Can you imagine how stressed I am right now? What to do now?! I'm afraid I have to cancel all X-mas festivities with my family. So if this ends up in some family fights I blame all of you devs, beta testers, updaters. Thanks!!

----------

In all seriousness. Excellent work from all of you!! Keep up the good work and enjoy holiday season with friends and/or family (if they still like you ;))

edit: oooh and 'en-passant' also a Wreckfest 3.9Gb update...
Please keep us posted :D

So far what I saw when I tested beta UI , its just a more pretty front end with much of same functionality. It doesn't really do anything more except add the MOD installer to UI, and its slower to use.

I was hoping to get the ability to have better car filters and for AI offline race setup, but its same fixed class filters as before, same car menu structure categories.Can't edit (customise) descriptions on tracks/cars, skins are handled in same way... I just don't see how its an upgrade.

As its not really adding anything more I prefer current UI as its cleaner and faster , and that is not saying much.

Its beta so maybe this will change with later release , but currently just a prettier look is a disappointment.

Last edited:
So far what I saw when I tested beta UI , its just a more pretty front end with much of same functionality. It doesn't really do anything more except add the MOD installer to UI, and its slower to use.

I was hoping to get the ability to have better car filters and for AI offline race setup, but its same fixed class filters as before, same car menu structure categories.Can't edit (customise) descriptions on tracks/cars, skins are handled in same way... I just don't see how its an upgrade.

As its not really adding anything more I prefer current UI as its cleaner and faster , and that is not saying much.

Its beta so maybe this will change with later release , but currently just a prettier look is a disappointment.

From what you've said here obviously you weren't aware the goal was to reproduce the functionality of the current UI. Anyway that's why its a beta so that those who wish to test it can test it and help Studio 397 improve it. If you were following along for a while your expectations would have been more realistic. Like you however I'm hoping also for car filters which would make the UI more usable but I expect that functionality just before it comes out of beta.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 386 39.8%