RF2 Trans AM?

Are there Trans Am Series Cars available for Rfactor2? Not the Historic ones.
The current Trans Am series? With TA1, TA2, TA3, & TA4? Nope. No sims have that and likely none ever will due to the quantity of manufacturer licenses and the amount of physics data required. I still wonder why SCCA chose this route as it really splits up the available driver pool.

On the other hand, if you mean the '80s-'90s Trans Am series, then there's a chance someone will make a mod for it, but it will be lacking tracks because of the quantity of street circuits that were used in that period.

No one seems to have much love for the later '70s Trans Am series. We see individual cars occasionally produced, but not the series.

Then there's the '60s Trans Am series that ended in '72...

Interesting that current Trans Am would appear as a discussion topic on RD. I do not believe T/A sanctioned by SCCA any longer but, rather, the Trans Am Race Company which is part of SVRA. For 2020 the series has been expanded to include five classes with differing designations TA, TA2, GT, SGT, and XGT. The various GT classes allow older racecars including GT3 cars to have a sanction in which to run. The races are time limited with no fuel stops permitted. I think that the people running could stand to make a few $ from a video game as I would be first in line with cash in hand to enjoy this kind of variety going wheel to wheel.

Interesting that current Trans Am would appear as a discussion topic on RD. I do not believe T/A sanctioned by SCCA any longer but, rather, the Trans Am Race Company which is part of SVRA. For 2020 the series has been expanded to include five classes with differing designations TA, TA2, GT, SGT, and XGT. The various GT classes allow older racecars including GT3 cars to have a sanction in which to run. The races are time limited with no fuel stops permitted. I think that the people running could stand to make a few $ from a video game as I would be first in line with cash in hand to enjoy this kind of variety going wheel to wheel.
I think that it recently returned to SCCA sanctioning. (within the last 2-3 years)

I drove them for a short while, the problem with most of these historical mods, is they use the same base package(Howston/Lola). Now for the 66&67 Endurance package, Mantasig made quite a few changes to the original set of cars and I keep pressing him to do more. These Trans Am cars with 302-305 cu/in engines are almost as fast as the original Can-Am cars that had similar engine sizes. I would love to see tire improvements. Remember too, some of these cars were underweight due to Acid dipping the bodies and there was a rumour a couple of Mustangs were built to 7/8ths scale.

Acid dipping and 7/8 scale were actually a thing. That and extra large fuel lines running along the entire car. And fuel stored in the roll cage. And that roll cage was made with extra thin tubing. Other shenanigans were also present like hydraulic actuated spoilers (nascar), carburator plates that could be taken out after scrutineering, fire extintion bottles filled with nitrous, freon in the intercooler for extra power in qually laps, etc...

Great era :inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back