Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club are hosting a special 2.4 hour semi-endurance event at Le Mans on Sunday May 24th - Find out here how you can be a part of this awesome event!

Featuring one of the most iconic tracks in the whole of motorsport, a monster combination of DPI, LMP2 and GTE machines, 40 cars on circuit and an opportunity to driver swap within the team - the 2.4 hours of Le Mans should be an awesome club racing event - and here's how to take part yourself.

rF2 Le Mans 2.4 Hour | Sign Up Here

When Is The Race Taking Place?
Our rFactor 2 special event will be held on Sunday 24th May from 16:00 UTC and is open to absolutely all RaceDepartment Premium members, regardless of skill and experience level.
  • Practice: 16:00 UTC (30 minutes)
  • Qualifying: 16:30 UTC (30 minutes - PRIVATE)
  • Warm Up: 17:00 UTC (5 minutes)
  • Race: 17:05 UTC (2 hours 24 minutes)

How Do I Take Part?
Easy! Sign up on the race thread HERE and make sure you read the racing club rules. Get some practice in, turn up on time and have yourself a fun race!

If you are interested in taking part, act quickly, only limited places remain!

For news, discussion and community support getting the most from your install, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself in on the action today!

CLUB RACING Flyer (Le Mans).png

Last edited:
If custom skins are allowed, I'd be happy to make some for teams who are taking part :)

I hope you don't mind me asking, would it be much trouble to put a number 12 on the no 5 Aston Martin Vantage GTE ?
No other change needed, but it would just be nice to personalize it slightly with a different number as there may be several Astons out there :)

I completely understand if it's not worth the bother, as I'm aware the files have to be packed, edited and unpacked.

Thanks for considering it
Keith

I hope you don't mind me asking, would it be much trouble to put a number 12 on the no 5 Aston Martin Vantage GTE ?
No other change needed, but it would just be nice to personalize it slightly with a different number as there may be several Astons out there :)

I completely understand if it's not worth the bother, as I'm aware the files have to be packed, edited and unpacked.

Thanks for considering it
Keith
Drop me a Pm mate and I'll look into it tomorrow.

Just to make you all aware, as I've been following the team that created the DPi cars.

There is a fault in the Acura that is due to be fixed at the next update.

Apologies as I can't remember the exact figures but in the engine.ini files the fuel estimate was incorrect for the Acura.

The Mazda and Caddy were about 0.78 to 0.98. The Acura was 1.98 so the fuel accuracy information was way out of sync with the other two. So I let the team know.

The team have corrected it for the next update (which in fairness may have already been uploaded) but just wanted to share this in case anyone notices the problem.

My guess (I'm no RF2 expert from a physics side) is that the estimate is the way the sim tells you how many laps you may have left? As there is a fuel usage line as well. Which may be the reason why there are some negative comments on the Steam page for this car.

They are a small group of developers so mistakes can happen, and it's free so can't complain too much.

Sorry for the noob questions here - if I use a custom skin, do I have to upload it anywhere, or do I just go ahead and use it?
No, you do not need to upload you custom skin. You simply need to select it via the Tuning menu (once you have selected your car) before joining the server. You can find guides for creating and loading custom skins here and here. I hope this helps. Your custom skin will then be automatically uploaded to the server when you join, and automatically downloaded by other drivers (if they have the setting enabled) when they join the server.

What do other drivers see when they are around my car, if they do not have my skin downloaded?
Other drivers will see what appears to be a yellow box on wheels. Once they return to the garage menu, if they have the option to download custom skins enabled the your skin will be downloaded and become visible. (Some drivers may even have a setting enabled to download the skin right away, even while they are driving, in which case they would see your custom skin without having to return to the garage menu.)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 290 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%