rF2: The Big Interview - Submit Your Questions Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 Le Mans Previe.jpg

We are soon going to interview Marcel Offermans, the head of Studio 397 and the rFactor 2 racing simulation, and we want your questions!

The last few months have seen a whirlwind of development and improvements for rFactor 2, with some significant changes to the simulation taking place as well as a number of high profile car and track licence announcements - not least of which is the legendary combination of the Nordschleife and Le Mans 24 Hour circuits coming to the title.

Following on from the successful Automobilista 2 interview, I'm looking to tour round all the major developers and have a word about how things are going in their respective simulations - starting with a discussion with Studio 397 and their rFactor 2 racing title.

In order to ensure we get to the bottom of the questions our community want to know, I'm asking you to submit your questions for Marcel in the comments section below, and I'll do my best to ask as many of them as possible when we have a discussion next week.

Feel free to submit a question about anything and everything you always wanted to know about rFactor 2 in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

My question:
The high-end of the simracing genre is getting pretty crowded: we have rF2 / iRacing / ACC I'd consider in that ballpark. What's more, there's ever greater convergence in terms of features available, with things like dynamic time-of-day lighting / weather / dynamic track / MP driver swaps etc...In such a crowded space, how does rF2 continue to differentiate itself from its competitors and what will attract a serious simracer to rF2 in say five years?

Not sure if this was asked... with the new Competition infrastructure getting ready to be placed into Beta testing, does Studio 397 envision rF2 to become a direct competitor with iracing for online racing?

Will the new UI allow us to quickly and easily set up custom offline championships, with consistent AI drivers, and custom rules for quali and race sessions (e.g. 2 races, with reverse grid for second)?

Any chance of an adaptive AI function like R3E has? Any thoughts about neural learning for AI. I believe it's already possible to train the AI on specific tracks, but can that be extended?

Any plans for GT4 content?

My question: Will the sound get some love any time soon?
With "Sound" i don't mean just the engine sounds/samples. I mean all the wide range of sounds you would notice while driving the car. Small stones and mables inside of the wheel arches, chassis and suspension movement, undertray sounds, damaged or loose parts, drivetrain wooble etc.
Some of these sounds already exist, but it feels like there's just one sound sample, which is triggered by a specific situation. Not much of a variety of sound samples and also the volume levels are not really dynamic.
(Question was also asked here a few weeks ago)

Bonus question:;) Colliding with track objects generates a loud and distracting TAK-TAK-TAK-TAK sound. Are there plans to fix this annoying soundloop?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back