RF2 Sim Racing Expo News

Paul Glover

I talk lots
RF2 Nords.jpg

This weekend at the Sim Racing Expo Studio 397 have provided rFactor 2 fans updates on two long awaited additions.

At the expo in 2018 we first heard that the famous Nordschleife would be coming to the sim, a year later fans have been asking where the track was. Recently Studio 397 hosted their own 24 hour at Le Man that was to be red flagged due to performance issues, therefore much of their focus has been understanding these issues and working to resolve them so you could understand if the track was delayed.

It was pleasing to hear that they had an update for us, they have said the track should arrive in the next two to three weeks along with a new Porsche Cup.

rFactor 2 fans have also been wondering where is the teased new UI, well Studio 397 have for the first time allowed fans to see what it looks like and broadcast a live video from the expo which is available on their Twitch channel. They have not given any hints to when it will be released.

As well as these two updates we are also expecting a second update to the game which is to further improve performance and stability, therefore lots of excitement ahead for the game. So watch this space!

@kunos Haven't been there since, maybe it is better now, but I think it is more likely worse, and I wish you better, honestly and respectfully. Good luck.

Not interested in trying to prove it to anyone, as I understand that it would be toxic to push for it. Nor I think that it is weird to ask to be stopped from visiting some forum if you become too custom at visiting it, but you also understand that it becomes personally frustrating waste of time.

I encourage everyone who feels frustrated by forums, and find themselves visiting those places because of inertia to ask for a ban, temporary if you can. For example, facebook has similar function, and it works. I don't know what is weird about it. Forums should have such function by default, so you wouldn't have to "beg" staff, and later to be humiliated by them for doing that.

Sorry for offtopic.

Discord:
"Marrs: Yesterday at 12:06 PM
Two years ago at SimExpo, Porsche installed AC on that system just for the expo
(though they did let us drive rF2 before the show opened then). Last year and this year they
showed rF2."

"Marrs:
I can confirm the Porsche Cup simulator runs on rFactor 2. There's actually two of them,
one in Europe, one in the US, and both are used internally for driver training at Porsche.
We helped them build the physics for the car, the 3D model and track(s) they use are private
versions. No modifications have been made to rF2 for this, it's the same version everybody here runs."
https://experience.porsche.com/en/track/events-and-services/additional-services/track-simulator
:thumbsup:

That a brand like porsche prefers rf2 instead of ac, is pure logic, even though this irritates some little cat
Well for starters ac is already 5 years old and is not developed anymore. Rf2 just made a deal with porsche to have their cars in the game, is releasing nurburgring gp and nordschleife tracks and the expo is at nurburgring. These public sims are all about financials and promotion and the actual physics quality I'd imagine has nothing to do with what sim they are running.

Well for starters ac is already 5 years old and is not developed anymore. Rf2 just made a deal with porsche to have their cars in the game, is releasing nurburgring gp and nordschleife tracks and the expo is at nurburgring. These public sims are all about financials and promotion and the actual physics quality I'd imagine has nothing to do with what sim they are running.

For the gt3 Cup, there are 2 models of it for rfactor2. One that is going to be released, and a private mod to be used by porsche, which is the one being presented at expos and for training. Porsche decided to use rf2 instead of AC as something deliberate.

If it is an actual training sim and not just public show piece then sure rf2 makes sense. Only real alternative would be acc but rf2 probably has more of the porsche cup tracks available for it so acc would be very limited.

Yup... no Porsches to be found in AC...

Logic... :roflmao:

How does it feel to love a simcade (AC) that is considered overwhelmingly below RF2 (SIMULATOR)? Don't bother answering, I'm going on vacation, i may return in 15 days ... kisses
PD:
Don't be sad, boy, you still have to have faith in ACC ... who was going to be the "IRACING killer" ...:roflmao::roflmao::p;)

How does it feel to love a simcade (AC) that is considered overwhelmingly below RF2 (SIMULATOR)? Don't bother answering, I'm going on vacation, i may return in 15 days ... kisses
PD:
Don't be sad, boy, you still have to have faith in ACC ... who was going to be the "IRACING killer" ...:roflmao::roflmao::p

Wow...you really, REALLY need your vacation, i think. Maybe you're coming back a bit more relaxed. :O_o:

We all share the same passion, but it seems, it is really cool for so many people to have a go at someone else, just because it isn't their own precious product. You're looking like a D***h**d now, congratulations! :rolleyes:

rF2 is cool and has its flaws.
AC is cool and has its flaws.

Deal with it :cool:

Last edited:
PD:
Don't be sad, boy, you still have to have faith in ACC ... who was going to be the "IRACING killer" ...:roflmao::roflmao::p;)

I do feel great... why not?
Do you really take games that seriously?

Very mature...:rolleyes:

We helped them build the physics for the car, the 3D model and track(s) they use are private
versions. No modifications have been made to rF2 for this, it's the same version everybody here runs."
https://experience.porsche.com/en/track/events-and-services/additional-services/track-simulator
:thumbsup:
I wonder why Porsche is using separate physics and 3D model than it will be publicly available in rF2. I kinda understand they wanted custom physics, with more detailed, confidential data, but 3D model?
Besides S397 encrypts all physics files anyway so I guess sensitive data wouldn't leak anyway.

I wonder why Porsche is using separate physics and 3D model than it will be publicly available in rF2. I kinda understand they wanted custom physics, with more detailed, confidential data, but 3D model?
Besides S397 encrypts all physics files anyway so I guess sensitive data wouldn't leak anyway.
I believe, that the model used in that Porsche sim was done before by them (probably a few years ago with the help of s397) for private use.

Now s397 will release a new licensed version for us with probably a better 3D model anyway (doesn't seem to be a lot of 3D needed for Porsche specific use and not as important for them). And we can expect a nice collaboration for the physics.

This car was done for them two years ago when, indeed, we did not yet have a license for them. These simulators are not for marketing or end users, they are used for training drivers at Porsche. Porsche chose rFactor 2 and I guess they were mostly concerned about getting the most realistic driving experience. In the end, you'd have to ask them though.

This car was done for them two years ago when, indeed, we did not yet have a license for them. These simulators are not for marketing or end users, they are used for training drivers at Porsche. Porsche chose rFactor 2 and I guess they were mostly concerned about getting the most realistic driving experience. In the end, you'd have to ask them though.
I'd expect their version to be more realistic than public one. However, there were some significant updates to CPM tire model since then. Also surely they don't have the experience that your physics guys have creating mods in rF2. On the other hand they had enough resources to "massage" input data to match telemetry, and feedback from drivers.

It would be funny if they find public version similarly realistic and be like: If only we'd licenced it to S397 we wouldn't have to spend our money and resources making it.

But seriously, the fact that they choose comercial sim for training, instead of rF Pro, means some of them must be doing something right:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back