Resource icon

Plugins rF2 Shared Memory Tools for Developers v3.7.15.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
The Iron Wolf submitted a new resource:

rF2 Shared Memory Tools for Developers - rFactor2 shared memory plugin and monitor for tool developers

Please find rF2 Shared Memory Tools for Developers.

This plugin in writes out rF2 internals into shared memory buffers. Monitoring tool is also included. You could build things using this plugin in C# (sample included) and other languages without adding new plugin to rF2, thus saving system resources.

This plugin is currently in use by the Crew Chief and multiple private dashboards. The reason I am uploading it here is that reusing this plugin would allow saving valuable CPU cycles in...

Read more about this resource...

I can't show you a video, but here's the screenshot of rF2 and Monitor tool running:
upload_2018-2-19_12-42-9.png

You can also test it in action by using Crew Chief or SimHub for rF2.

Hey, i've got a problem. I've downloaded it to use with the crew chief, and it works fine. But when I try to load a race (not practice) the app crashes (It happens with every car, every track). I'm using W10 on a R5 1400, with a 1050ti. Is there something special to make it work?

Hey, i've got a problem. I've downloaded it to use with the crew chief, and it works fine. But when I try to load a race (not practice) the app crashes (It happens with every car, every track). I'm using W10 on a R5 1400, with a 1050ti. Is there something special to make it work?
You do not need to download this plugin to run Crew Chief. This download is for tool developers. Crew Chief ships with matching, up to date version of the plugin, and will do automatic setup for you.

For Crew Chief support, please report problem on our forum at thecrewchief.org. It sounds like app got corrupted. Check FAQ on how to completely reinstall it: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?28-F-a-q

First of all thank you for making this plugin! I use SimHub for a dashboard on my second screen. I would like to make a pedal+FFB overlay dashboard, just like the "rF2 Pedal & FFB Overlay Plugin" (
which does not work in combination with dx11). Unfortunately, there is no "FFB Output" data available yet to make this possible.

I saw that this data is available in the DAMPlugin. quote: "FFB Output (-1.0 to +1.0 - if this doesn't reach 1.0 you may want to increase your FFB level in the game, if it is 'clipping' you might want to reduce it)".

Could you add a similar force feedback output data channel to this plugin? Thank you in advance.

First of all thank you for making this plugin! I use SimHub for a dashboard on my second screen. I would like to make a pedal+FFB overlay dashboard, just like the "rF2 Pedal & FFB Overlay Plugin" (
which does not work in combination with dx11). Unfortunately, there is no "FFB Output" data available yet to make this possible.

I saw that this data is available in the DAMPlugin. quote: "FFB Output (-1.0 to +1.0 - if this doesn't reach 1.0 you may want to increase your FFB level in the game, if it is 'clipping' you might want to reduce it)".

Could you add a similar force feedback output data channel to this plugin? Thank you in advance.
Hmmm David, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I see
virtual bool ForceFeedback( double &forceValue ) { return( false ); } // alternate force feedback computation - return true if editing the value
function in rF2 internals. I will see if game calls this function and I guess I could add additional buffer if it does. I'll have a look into it.

Hmmm David, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I see
virtual bool ForceFeedback( double &forceValue ) { return( false ); } // alternate force feedback computation - return true if editing the value
function in rF2 internals. I will see if game calls this function and I guess I could add additional buffer if it does. I'll have a look into it.

That would be great :):)

If we could finally get a realtime FFB monitor working in some way, that would be just amazing! I was wondering how DAMPlugin gets that data.

Worked beautifully for me as far as I can tell. Using the monitoring app, that's all I ever needed when complaining in rF2 threads about the lack of FFB monitoring tool - a number I can monitor in real time and set my FFB on the fly accordingly. I didn't need any fancy tools or widgets or anything, this works just fine and already has helped me tremendously.

Worked beautifully for me as far as I can tell. Using the monitoring app, that's all I ever needed when complaining in rF2 threads about the lack of FFB monitoring tool - a number I can monitor in real time and set my FFB on the fly accordingly. I didn't need any fancy tools or widgets or anything, this works just fine and already has helped me tremendously.
I am pretty sure SimHub dev will add something, he's amazing fella, but I realized I am going to add a "max ffb value" capture to monitor, that value will be reset on right click. Thanks for testing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%