rF2: Road America Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RoadAmerica_Full_loading-800x450.jpg

A scratch made version of Road America for rFactor 2 has been released recently featuring all the latest goodies available in ISI's premium simulation, namely working RealRoad and updated shaders and graphical improvements.

Originally started by Dennis Grebe, best known for his Virtua_LM track development of Le Mans, Fuji, Nazareth, and Topeka tracks for rFactor 2, the project was taken over by SimHQ Motorsports track developer Alex Coutie when it became apparent that development and release of this mod could not be worked on to a satisfactory level whilst still maintaining development of other projects ongoing with the tracks inital creator.

A fan favorite, Road America is sure to be a popular addition to the sim and fits perfectly with the StockCar and IndyCar content released by ISI.

Established in 1955, Road America is located midway between Milwaukee and Green Bay in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. Its legendary four-mile, 14-turn road circuit has challenged the world’s best racers for over 57 years. The 640-acre, park-like grounds offer amazing viewing opportunities, fantastic concessions and high-speed excitement to thousands of spectators each year. In addition to public race weekends, Road America offers group event programs, the Road America Motorplex for karting and Supermoto, and the Road America Motorcycle and Advanced Driving Schools.

Will you be downloading the track to try yourself? Leave you impressions in the comments section below!

Download Here @ RaceDepartment

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure it's taken a lot of work to get this track to this level but it doesn't look much like RA (my home track). And it doesn't "feel" much different than Digga's version which looks quite a bit better. I haven't driven either a lot, just my $.02. Given time this mod may improve.

• Deleted member 130869

I'm also sticking with digga's version. Good effort tho, next time don't make a track that's already out there in a good version.

This is scratch made and was already in existence, just never finalized. With better texture work it would be better than the rF conversion.

It has lots of potential.
I like the road 'feel' and the fact that they're now nice exterior cameras during replays.
With a bit of road texturing and some 'love' on the trees, it could be a contender to the other one I run.
I'll keep both for now.
Thanks for making it.

I'm sure it's taken a lot of work to get this track to this level but it doesn't look much like RA (my home track). And it doesn't "feel" much different than Digga's version which looks quite a bit better. I haven't driven either a lot, just my $.02. Given time this mod may improve.

Been there so many times William. One of my favorites outside of Road Atlanta. I was not prepared for the elevation changes myself, and the circuit is so big. With a drive from Madison, the terrain seemed kind of flat. But Kettle Bottoms (I saw the aftermath of the Legge crash from the banks at Canada Corner) is aptly named and the run up to the finish is deceptively steep, since the access to it is not the easiest to get to. Of course everyone recognizes "the Hill" but that's fairly modest.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%