rF2: Reiza Pack DLC Previews and Pricing Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have confirmed the pricing of the upcoming Reiza DLC for rFactor 2, and to celebrate, we go for a quick spin in the new content...

Having been on the receiving end of several delays since first the first announcement during mid 2018, the eagerly anticipated Reiza Pack DLC for rFactor 2 is almost upon us, and now we finally know how much it is set to cost..

Containing no less than six cars and four circuits, namely the Metalmoro AJR and Metalmoro MR18 prototypes, the MCR Sports 2000 open cockpit sportscar, the small but mighty Formula Vee and both modern and historic Puma P052 and Puma GTE cars, plus the Virginia International Raceway, Ibarra, Guapore and Imola circuits, the upcoming DLC is a first foray into the world of content creation for rFactor 2 by Reiza Studios, and as such appears to be highly anticipated by sim racing fans.

Backers of the Reiza SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign as well as those who acquired membership packs through the Reiza forum will receive the new DLC at no additional charge once it releases in the very near future, and for those of us not involved in either pack, pricing has now been confirmed to me by Renato Simioni as follows:

• Full DLC -19.99 Euro
  • Track Pack - 14.99 Euro
  • Car Pack - 9.99 Euro

Additionally, individual tracks can be purchased for 6.99 euros, and individual cars for 2.99 euros.

Although still currently at Beta status, I've been lucky enough to gain access to the new content, and as such a very short preview video can be see at the top of this article. Watch out for more detailed videos to drop on our Twitch and YouTube channels in the coming days... Oh and remember, the footage you see is beta, so could well be subject to change before full public release...

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

rF2 Reiza DLC.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

• Deleted member 637371

If you turn on saving your replay, you can load a replay and fast forward it to the point you want to resume racing and start driving again. That feature has been in rFactor 2 for a long time.

Very cool, I never knew that could be done. Thanks

Is it just me, or does the car in the video look very well sorted and easy to drive?

I was also impressed at how "tight" the driving experience seemed? It looked really well portrayed with a lot of subtle movement in the viewport conveying the track bumps/undulations and car attitude/reactions beautifully?

@Paul Jeffrey : How was it to drive?

Yes first thing I noticed too, which also hopefully means the tracks have retained the detail and character that shines in AMS too considering they are not laser. Plus some added animated cars track side, first for rF2?

Nothing worst that a track that looks like a Chinese banquet and tastes like a pot noodle
Agreed. Hate "indoor" tracks with no bump/noise. Animated cars track side though is not the first. There is a newish track on Workshop that is recommended with the new version of Toyota Celica GTO "Lester" and it has worker trucks and cars/pickups driving around outside of the track. :) Really nice one.

Youtube vid of the track (way too loud opponent audio lol):

Last edited:
Agreed. Hate "indoor" tracks with no bump/noise. Animated cars track side though is not the first. There is a newish track on Workshop that is recommended with the new version of Toyota Celica GTO "Lester" and it has worker trucks and cars/pickups driving around outside of the track. :) Really nice one.

And it has actual animated spectators waving at cars at certain points (eg the last tight left hander onto the start/finish straight. Also adds to the immersion on an already very immersive track. Much better than the usual rF2 cardboard cutouts or AMS atrocious department store mannequins.

• Deleted member 637371

That track looks very cool, thanks for heads-up

Over 30 Australian dollars, is it worth it? So expensive for recycled DLC. Have bought all AC and AMS DLC but did not buy Formula E for rf2 because of rip-off price.

Is it worth over $30? It's the cost of a full game on steam. I think they're taking the piss here. I am not short of money, but refuse to be ripped off by anyone. This seems outrageous for converting a few files.

Over 30 Australian dollars, is it worth it? So expensive for recycled DLC. Have bought all AC and AMS DLC but did not buy Formula E for rf2 because of rip-off price.

Is it worth over $30? It's the cost of a full game on steam. I think they're taking the piss here. I am not short of money, but refuse to be ripped off by anyone. This seems outrageous for converting a few files.
To me it’s worth it for shure!
And I haven’t even driven it yet, just came home from work.
I want Reiza to sustain, so it is a no-brainer as far as I can tell.

This seems outrageous for converting a few files.

Really clueless comment. You have a less than zero understanding of what is involved to move the assets from AMS to rF2. In fact there are many more considerations other than the asset itself... the tracks and vehicles are real, and under trade mark. If you think you could sell such material without the required rights you are deluded. No doubt you are happy with the free content. Off you go.

Last edited:
Really clueless comment. You have a less than zero understanding of what is involved to move the assets from AMS to rF2. In fact there are many more considerations other than the asset itself... the tracks and vehicles are real, and under trade mark. If you think you could sell such material without the required rights you are deluded. No doubt you are happy with the free content. Off you go.
You're right in saying I don't know what is involved, but since everything is already created, I don't think it's a big job. I think $30 is expensive for DLC and I won't buy it. That's all.

If RaceSimStudio can give me the 2019 F1 car for $6, I think $30 for this stuff is way over-priced. They can shove it up their arse, I'm not paying $30 for old Automobilista stuff I have already bought. Their half-assed Formula E stuff was $16 if I remember right. Pure profiteering, no quality. Mod Edit:language

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do some people always come up with the "I'm not paying for old stuff I have already bought"? Dirt Rally 2 discussions were full of this, now I see it in relation to this DLC quite often. Why do we never see people say things like "well I'm not paying for old tracks in ACC, I have already bought them in AC! Everything was already created!"?

Probably because it doesn't make much sense would be my guess. And it's perfectly OK to think it's too expensive (even though I have to wonder how 6 bucks for a single car is apparently OK but 30 bucks for 6 cars *and* 4 tracks is somehow "way overpriced") and not buying it. You don't have to make up stuff to somehow justify that. Just say you think it's too expensive and won't buy it and you're done.

BTW, regarding the Formula E stuff - first, you can't say it was "pure profiteering" since you really have no idea how much money went into it, so you cannot judge profits just based on the retail price of the final product, and second, why say "their Formula E stuff"? Reiza didn't make the Formula E content.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back