rF2: Reiza Pack DLC Previews and Pricing Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have confirmed the pricing of the upcoming Reiza DLC for rFactor 2, and to celebrate, we go for a quick spin in the new content...

Having been on the receiving end of several delays since first the first announcement during mid 2018, the eagerly anticipated Reiza Pack DLC for rFactor 2 is almost upon us, and now we finally know how much it is set to cost..

Containing no less than six cars and four circuits, namely the Metalmoro AJR and Metalmoro MR18 prototypes, the MCR Sports 2000 open cockpit sportscar, the small but mighty Formula Vee and both modern and historic Puma P052 and Puma GTE cars, plus the Virginia International Raceway, Ibarra, Guapore and Imola circuits, the upcoming DLC is a first foray into the world of content creation for rFactor 2 by Reiza Studios, and as such appears to be highly anticipated by sim racing fans.

Backers of the Reiza SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign as well as those who acquired membership packs through the Reiza forum will receive the new DLC at no additional charge once it releases in the very near future, and for those of us not involved in either pack, pricing has now been confirmed to me by Renato Simioni as follows:

• Full DLC -19.99 Euro
  • Track Pack - 14.99 Euro
  • Car Pack - 9.99 Euro

Additionally, individual tracks can be purchased for 6.99 euros, and individual cars for 2.99 euros.

Although still currently at Beta status, I've been lucky enough to gain access to the new content, and as such a very short preview video can be see at the top of this article. Watch out for more detailed videos to drop on our Twitch and YouTube channels in the coming days... Oh and remember, the footage you see is beta, so could well be subject to change before full public release...

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

rF2 Reiza DLC.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I want to support Reiza, what a great bunch of people. But rF2, despite the awesome FFB in some cars, is so incomplete. Given I don't have a lot of time to sim race anymore, I always leave rF2 disappointed, I never accomplish anything. If they release this with a championship mode, and the new UI that has been teased for a year, I would consider this, but I don't view it as a major upgrade over AMS. I would really like to get the Formula E gen 3 cars when they come out, but why?! They don't have the tracks or the championship. They most likely won't have attack mode. Its a slower open wheel hotlapper. Another one in rF2. Right now F1 2018 is $15, and there's a !@#$-load of content. Say what you will about Codies, but the F1 game (3 hours in), has a ton of content, its a true experience. They also have the feature I need most that's missing from games since 2008: in-session saving!

Really dig that the steering wheel is shaking even on straights. Meaning FFB is really tight and no deadzone. :) AMS FFB is really tight generally so thats a given.

Yes first thing I noticed too, which also hopefully means the tracks have retained the detail and character that shines in AMS too considering they are not laser. Plus some added animated cars track side, first for rF2?

Nothing worst that a track that looks like a Chinese banquet and tastes like a pot noodle

Last edited:
Probably in the minority here but I had RF2 and was never really impressed, on the other hand I was very impressed with Automobilista and its content.
So I can't see reinvesting in something I already have.
For those who don't have the content and really like RF2, this could be worthwhile though.

I like that you can by the all menu or just choose a la carte, I think it is a smart and sensible approach. I hope it goes well and that there is many more DLC coming.:)

@bsmooth I understand your point, but for those like me into VR, there is no alternative.;)

If they did that, who would buy their own title (AMS 2, or whatever it will be called)?

Me? AMS2 with rF2 technology would be insta buy!

Probably in the minority here but I had RF2 and was never really impressed, on the other hand I was very impressed with Automobilista and its content.
So I can't see reinvesting in something I already have.
For those who don't have the content and really like RF2, this could be worthwhile though.

rFactor2 is changing and will be even better within some months, if you liked Reiza content for sure you'll love it in rF2, the devs are the same but with different technology :thumbsup:

No doubt that was done before in rF2 tracks, I wonder why it wasn't made on more tracks, because the animations are much more advanced than rf1. rF2's Portland also has animated trains and trams.

I meant another thing though. Back in the days of rF1, trackside animations could be only one type - object rotating around it's axis. And on Karelia Cross the animated traffic was done like a big circle of cars, rotating around the axis outside the track.
There were some even older rF1 off-road tracks that has that implemented, i think it was Motocross by bassguy.
Now, due more advanced animation, some traffic just couldn't be not made. :)

Last edited:
Back in the days of rF1, trackside animations could be only one type - object rotating around it's axis.
rF2's full animation is definitely a step above the old rF1 method (which is still available). Mianiak, though, took the old method and had rotating objects that contained rotating objects, so he had bumper cars and other amusement rides beyond the typical ferris wheel. I recall someone had done a train animation with the rF1-style big loop, too. And I can't remember who made Westwood where there was an animated deer leaping at the turn known as Deers Leap.

rF2's full animation is definitely a step above the old rF1 method (which is still available). Mianiak, though, took the old method and had rotating objects that contained rotating objects, so he had bumper cars and other amusement rides beyond the typical ferris wheel. I recall someone had done a train animation with the rF1-style big loop, too. And I can't remember who made Westwood where there was an animated deer leaping at the turn known as Deers Leap.
Wow, GTL Westwood? Never realized they're there.

Say what you will about Codies, but the F1 game (3 hours in), has a ton of content, its a true experience. They also have the feature I need most that's missing from games since 2008: in-session saving!

If you turn on saving your replay, you can load a replay and fast forward it to the point you want to resume racing and start driving again. That feature has been in rFactor 2 for a long time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back