• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured rF2: Reiza Pack DLC Previews and Pricing Confirmed

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy

Ratings:
    +126
    I want to support Reiza, what a great bunch of people. But rF2, despite the awesome FFB in some cars, is so incomplete. Given I don't have a lot of time to sim race anymore, I always leave rF2 disappointed, I never accomplish anything. If they release this with a championship mode, and the new UI that has been teased for a year, I would consider this, but I don't view it as a major upgrade over AMS. I would really like to get the Formula E gen 3 cars when they come out, but why?! They don't have the tracks or the championship. They most likely won't have attack mode. Its a slower open wheel hotlapper. Another one in rF2. Right now F1 2018 is $15, and there's a !@#$-load of content. Say what you will about Codies, but the F1 game (3 hours in), has a ton of content, its a true experience. They also have the feature I need most that's missing from games since 2008: in-session saving!

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. bluey

bluey

Ratings:
    +116
    Will the dlc support VR?

3. Magus

Magus

Ratings:
    +56
    I would hope so as rF2 does

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Jake Adams

Jake Adams

Ratings:
    +107
    I have the season pass for all DLC's in automobilista. Does that quailify me for the free bundle?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,665
    if you are not a backer or reiza membership owner then you are out of luck, unfortunately

6. Steve Bird

Steve Bird
    Racing Since 1978

Ratings:
    +247
    I'm a backer and this has come as a pleasant surprise :)

7. numbersevenhull

numbersevenhull

Ratings:
    +60
    Yes first thing I noticed too, which also hopefully means the tracks have retained the detail and character that shines in AMS too considering they are not laser. Plus some added animated cars track side, first for rF2?

Nothing worst that a track that looks like a Chinese banquet and tastes like a pot noodle

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +71
    Probably in the minority here but I had RF2 and was never really impressed, on the other hand I was very impressed with Automobilista and its content.
    So I can't see reinvesting in something I already have.
    For those who don't have the content and really like RF2, this could be worthwhile though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +545
    I like that you can by the all menu or just choose a la carte, I think it is a smart and sensible approach. I hope it goes well and that there is many more DLC coming.:)

@bsmooth I understand your point, but for those like me into VR, there is no alternative.;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +36
    Reiza is zupah, but the new tracks tickle my fancy much more than these cars - sorry.
    The tracks I will buy, but still undecided about the cars. On the bright side, we have a choice.

11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos

Ratings:
    +178
    Me? AMS2 with rF2 technology would be insta buy!

rFactor2 is changing and will be even better within some months, if you liked Reiza content for sure you'll love it in rF2, the devs are the same but with different technology :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +137
    Two totally different products, one GT3 done well and the other all types done well also! You need both and all to get the most out of Sim racing ;)

13. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +574
    Nope. Either 32Pixels' Lester or Mianiak's Newerburg had first animated trackside traffic.

14. KittX

KittX

Ratings:
    +175
    I want to believe it started from Karelia Cross.
    At least, the traffic @ those discussed tracks, is started from Karelia Cross. :p

15. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +574
    Newerburg: May 2014
    Lester: Nov 2014

16. KittX

KittX

Ratings:
    +175
    No doubt that was done before in rF2 tracks, I wonder why it wasn't made on more tracks, because the animations are much more advanced than rf1. rF2's Portland also has animated trains and trams.

I meant another thing though. Back in the days of rF1, trackside animations could be only one type - object rotating around it's axis. And on Karelia Cross the animated traffic was done like a big circle of cars, rotating around the axis outside the track.
    There were some even older rF1 off-road tracks that has that implemented, i think it was Motocross by bassguy.
    Now, due more advanced animation, some traffic just couldn't be not made. :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. beef

beef

Ratings:
    +48
    Hope you can see the back wheels of the formula vee in VR

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +574
    rF2's full animation is definitely a step above the old rF1 method (which is still available). Mianiak, though, took the old method and had rotating objects that contained rotating objects, so he had bumper cars and other amusement rides beyond the typical ferris wheel. I recall someone had done a train animation with the rF1-style big loop, too. And I can't remember who made Westwood where there was an animated deer leaping at the turn known as Deers Leap.

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. KittX

KittX

Ratings:
    +175
    Wow, GTL Westwood? Never realized they're there.

20. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans
    Studio 397

Ratings:
    +1,608
    If you turn on saving your replay, you can load a replay and fast forward it to the point you want to resume racing and start driving again. That feature has been in rFactor 2 for a long time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.