rF2: Reiza DLC Updated and New Fanatec DD Wheel Profiles Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Reiza DLC.jpg

rFactor 2 has been updated once again, this time focussing on the new Reiza Bundle DLC package of cars and tracks, plus the addition of new profiles for the latest Fanatec Direct Drive wheels.

We recently posted an article sharing some insight into the future development plans of the Reiza Bundle DLC, and at the time the Brazilian studio commented that a substantial update to the rFactor 2 content was in the works. A few short days later, that update is now live and available to download the next time you fire up your rFactor 2 installation.

Of the new content update, Reiza have spent plenty of time adding further refinements to what is already a very solid first release for the sim. Highlights from the latest build include AI improvements and audio upgrades, some enhanced visuals and a whole lot more besides. You can check out the update notes at the foot of this article.

In other rFactor 2 news, Studio 397 have taken the opportunity to release a very small update to the software that adds two new controller profiles for players to select. Supporting the brand new Direct Drive wheel range from Fanatec, the inclusion of these default profiles are indeed a very quick response from 397, and will doubtless be highly welcomed by owners of this new hardware.

Reiza Bundle DLC Update Notes:

Tracks:

• Revised AIWs for all tracks in the Bundle to correct specific issues in AI performance and behaviour
  • Fixed problem with VIR, Imola and Ibarra exporting that could lead to road / curb texture sorting issues through the windshield of certain cars

Cars:
  • Upscaled skins to 4k for all cars in the Bundle (except F-Vee) & added regions to customize different type of materials
  • Adjusted lock range to a minimum of 10deg, and reduced default setting for slightly slower steering ratio in all cars
  • Adjusted Max Steering torque in all cars to reduce FFB clipping closer to rF2 standards
  • Adjusted default setup for all cars for a slightly more comfortable out of the box handling
  • Applied S397 latest sound effect samples and settings for wind, road, rumble, tyre scrub & skid to bring it closer to rF2´s standard
  • Adjusted engine volume levels for player and opponents to bring it closer to rF2´s current standard
  • Added some relevant information to default setup notes
  • Adjusted AI performance for better consistency accross all cars
  • Reduced mirror resolution to rF2´s current standard for improved cockpit performance
  • Adjusted head physics and cockpit vibration to rF2 current standards
  • Switched off previously working mirrors from external view on some cars

F-Vee
  • Fixed missing front suspension from cockpit view
  • Reduced steering rotation to 720deg

Metalmoro AJR
  • Added HARD tyre compound option
  • Fixed Chevy V8 engine startup sound
  • Adjusted Honda Turbo engine performance
  • Fixed missing front suspension in - showroom

Puma GTE
  • Corrected tire diameter;
  • Tuned engine for slightly more power
  • Reduced steering rotation to 720deg
  • Fixed showroom shadows

Puma P052
  • Fixed showroom reflection glow
  • Fixed excessive glow from brake lights
  • Fixed z-fighting in mirrors when running lower graphical settings
  • Fixed showroom shadows

MCR S2000
  • Fixed transparent unlit LEDs when running lower graphical settings

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC.

For the latest and greatest from the world of rF2, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay in touch with the news and community discussion.

For racing fun against real people, check out the rF2 Racing Club for regular, quality online racing in a safe and fun environment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't try the AI with the update, but had some fun with the Vee and Puma GTE yesterday i rather hated on the first try and now fell in love:) I like challenging handling, but usually this involves high powered cars or the Skippy or Formula E in rF2. The Vee is much harder to drive than the Skippy because far less predictable. First i thought: No way a car drives like that, but the video "on Board Interlagos, C. Ceregatti - Treino FVee" taught me different:laugh:. This car is completely nuts and built to spin for every little mistake you do. The Skippy drives like on traction- and stability-control in comparison and i don't mean the fantasy-car in iRacing:roflmao: One tip: +1° toe at the rear:)
PS: i had a great AI-race with the Vee at Zandvoort short in the meanwhile and this track never disappoint in AI-racing i can tell.

Last edited:
Nice to see the Honda AJR more in line with the other varients. I still think some BoP on the different AJRs needs to happen. The Judd walks away from the other varients. The Chevy is the slowest in the quick testing I did and has by far the worst fuel efficiency. Think it needs a boost in pace to offset its higher fuel consumption.

It is interesting to see how the setups are different from rf2 to AMS while achieving pretty similar pace. It seems the AMS versions have better straightline speed while the rf2 versions corner better so they are achieving similar performance in different ways

Now if they weren't using the same old FFB from 2007 lol....no wonder everyone goes elsewhere to race - nobody races rfactor2...it's never been and never will be a great sim.

Lol I tried to not take the bait, but seriously what's the point of your post?

Thankfully we are not all robots and all like and do the same things.

RF2 is my go to SIM, nothing out there trump's their FFB with the RIGHT wheel.

The Chevy is the slowest in the quick testing I did and has by far the worst fuel efficiency. Think it needs a boost in pace to offset its higher fuel consumption.
Nah, you can give it a bigger fuel tank (check if it already has it) then give a higher refuel flow to make it get fuel at the same time as other cars. Just how GT3 and LMP1 works to balance things

Nice to see the Honda AJR more in line with the other varients. I still think some BoP on the different AJRs needs to happen. The Judd walks away from the other varients. The Chevy is the slowest in the quick testing I did and has by far the worst fuel efficiency. Think it needs a boost in pace to offset its higher fuel consumption.

It is interesting to see how the setups are different from rf2 to AMS while achieving pretty similar pace. It seems the AMS versions have better straightline speed while the rf2 versions corner better so they are achieving similar performance in different ways

IIRC, The Judd is also the fastest in AMS. At least on tracks with long straights.

I don't see any thing in the build notes about DD profiles...
I see they lowered overall FFB for all cars for more range, some thing any one can quickly do in the controller file or in the game itself. Is Reiza calling that single, simple change a "DD profile?"

I would have thought "DD profile" meant much deeper changes than just lowering a FFB slider for us.

Also, why are they still playing around with default steering ratios? They did this in Game Stock Car and Automobilista too. Why not just find out the real (or average used) steering ratio for the cars and stick too it. I know Niels, as well as most rFactor players (especially the fast guys) tend to use much quicker steering ratios than real life (often in an attempt to make poor over-the-limit behavior more controllable) but why not just get the regular steering ratios and just stick with them.

There should be no need to keep changing default steering ratios

I don't see any thing in the build notes about DD profiles...
I see they lowered overall FFB for all cars for more range, some thing any one can quickly do in the controller file or in the game itself. Is Reiza calling that single, simple change a "DD profile?"

I would have thought "DD profile" meant much deeper changes than just lowering a FFB slider for us.

Also, why are they still playing around with default steering ratios? They did this in Game Stock Car and Automobilista too. Why not just find out the real (or average used) steering ratio for the cars and stick too it. I know Niels, as well as most rFactor players (especially the fast guys) tend to use much quicker steering ratios than real life (often in an attempt to make poor over-the-limit behavior more controllable) but why not just get the regular steering ratios and just stick with them.

There should be no need to keep changing default steering ratios

Two updates in one thread.

rF2 pack from Reiza updated.

New DD profiles from S397 for rF2 in general.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%