rF2 | Radical SR3 XX Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have been incredibly busy of late, having today confirmed their third piece of content for the simulation in quick succession.

The brand new Radical SR3 XX joins the recently released New York E-Prix and Ferrari 488 GTE within the simulation, and is available to purchase with immediate effect from the rF2 Steam Store, for around £4.50.

From the release post:

There’s been a lot of announcements and fresh new content to play with lately, but we’re far from finished. Today it is time to introduce you to a truly unique choice for race drivers, combining everything you want in a race car. Fast, lightweight, nimble and with the looks to ensure that you won’t go unnoticed on any server.

Our world is an evolving and developing place. Motorsport is continuously moving forward. So is sim racing and technology in general. To be a front runner, you have to always stay on top of this movement. Being up the front is exactly where the new Radical SR3 XX belongs. It’s not just a faster but also a smarter car! So we are proud to collaborate with Radical Sportscars on its launch. You can read all about it on their website: the world’s best selling race car just got smarter!

rF2 Radical 1.jpg
rF2 Radical 2.jpg
rF2 Radical 3.jpg

The SR3 XX is the evolution of the best-selling race car in the world, the SR3 which was first introduced in 2001. While the styling mostly remained untouched with just a few key elements setting the XX apart from its predecessor, underneath it’s an all new track weapon.

Radical knows that not just the car needs to evolve to be quicker, but that also drivers need the best tools to move forward and develop themselves. That’s the reason for all the new bits and pieces mainly by provided by AiM. The first thing noticed by drivers as most prominent change is probably the new steering wheel. A brand new Formula style steering wheel, fully packed with technology normally only found in high-level single-seaters and Le Mans Prototypes. Functioning basically as the HUB, the new AiM steering wheel now gives the driver access to all kind of new functionalities to access, evaluate and analyze data, helping to improve on track.

The fresh SR3 XX is still powered by the 4th Gen RPE-Suzuki engine including a dry sump oil system as standard. The power plant is hooked up to a six-speed sequential gearbox with paddle shift and auto-blip function, a Quaife limited-slip differential taking care of getting enough traction out of the corner.

With only 620 kg total weight, the Radical SR3 XX is the perfect tool to carve your way through all kind of combinations of corners.

You can buy the car now in our Steam Store! We will be hosting a launch event later today, details of which are towards the bottom of the announcement on Radical’s site.

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the sim? Start a thread in the rFactor 2 sub forum and let our community offer you the benefit of their massive combined experience.

rF2 Radical 4.jpg

Looks great but not paying full price for a update to a car that's already in game. Just like I'm not paying another $10 for a full layout Monaco when i already purchased the Formula E course.
New content is a good thing but S397 need to cool it with the DLC it's getting grosser & grosser everyday until it's basically iRacing.

& Please hold any if you don't want it don't buy it comments I'm not talking to you.

Kinda pointless to sell all that content when they dont even have a online competition and a good playerbase... but I guess they keep above water with that stuff.
I am not really sure if they are at a point of keeping above water when I take alook at the current content releases and the lineup for the virtual le mans race, wich is quite frankly pretty insane and propably the best lineup in sim racing to date. I think they are in the process of expanding their portfolio with lots of new content and steadily increasing the player base, wich seems to have worked since S397 took over. Who would have expected a Ferrari in rF2 five years ago? The competition system is still in the works and I wouldn't be surprised if we see Spa or Daytona in the comming months. So much about a good playerbase. They are running pretty agressive strategy to increase exposure and it seems to work.

Last edited:
I've loved most of the content released since S397 took over but, damn, we need a way to race this content without having to join a league. Not many choices for people who live in North American time zones.
I'm beating a dead horse, I know.
An issue I've ran into over the yrs aswell with most the sims.

Tho not the best sim out there....I've just settled with paying a few bucks more and stuck with iracing the past few yrs until one of these developers implement a proper MP system to compete with them.
At least I know there are hourly races and people I can compete against to get some use out of the content I payed for. The implementation of AI helps justify the cost, tho I hope one day they will introduce an offline service minus the subscription fee to use the content once all content has ai use.

Sure are a lot of complaints about the price of content if you don’t have five bucks to put towards your hobby maybe you should try toothpick houses. A decent computer will set you back $1500 and you people complain about five dollars. if they want 20$ I would see the point but again it’s five dollars.Really I just don’t see the point in complaining about that price range.

Sure are a lot of complaints about the price of content if you don’t have five bucks to put towards your hobby maybe you should try toothpick houses. A decent computer will set you back $1500 and you people complain about five dollars. if they want 20$ I would see the point but again it’s five dollars.Really I just don’t see the point in complaining about that price range.

Hi, welcome to every DLC News Thread on Race Department :D

(You'll learn to laugh them off eventually!)

Hi, welcome to every DLC News Thread on Race Department :D

(You'll learn to laugh them off eventually!)

Completely ignorant way of looking at it. People like this really piss me off. Computers may set you back a lot but also computers dont NEED to be upgraded every 5 seconds which means you can build a descent one and run stuff well for years (unless of course you're a tech whore that has to have the latest up to date stuff just to feel satisfied). This means things and circumstances can change in the life of your pc. I cant afford to buy every DLC that comes out because i now have higher priorities and more important things in my life. Just because you have money to spend on every dlc and cant see why £5 is a lot to some people then you really need a reality check.

My case in point, if £5 is a lot to someone the last thing they should be moaning about is buying a car for a game, they should be worrying about food on the table!

Perspectives people, if you can't afford it dont buy it...its REALLY that simple!
Exactly, perspectives and value. Why people criticize rF2 DLCs is the value. rF2 is not alone in the market and if you get stuff elsewhere for far less, why bother getting an rF2 DLC. Sure, S397 needs money to keep going, but if the prices were more competitive, I, personally, wouldn't mind getting some content.

If it's worth it to you, good. If it's not worth it to some, understandable in my opinion.

Looks great but not paying full price for a update to a car that's already in game. Just like I'm not paying another $10 for a full layout Monaco when i already purchased the Formula E course.
New content is a good thing but S397 need to cool it with the DLC it's getting grosser & grosser everyday until it's basically iRacing.

& Please hold any if you don't want it don't buy it comments I'm not talking to you.

yeah, but that car is free. for updates you need to open ur wallet.
please hold any reply, as i'm not interested what you think ;)

Completely ignorant way of looking at it. People like this really piss me off. Computers may set you back a lot but also computers dont NEED to be upgraded every 5 seconds which means you can build a descent one and run stuff well for years (unless of course you're a tech whore that has to have the latest up to date stuff just to feel satisfied). This means things and circumstances can change in the life of your pc. I cant afford to buy every DLC that comes out because i now have higher priorities and more important things in my life. Just because you have money to spend on every dlc and cant see why £5 is a lot to some people then you really need a reality check.

ye in a way you are right but why do the same people always complain about the price and why they tell every time that they wont buy it , if you wont buy it then just dont say anything . S397 ACC iracing AMS they al spend money in creating cars , laserscanned tracks etcetera and always the same people complaining about it . What you expect that al those companies work for free and spend their money to give people like that everything fo FREE , you work for free too ?
so you need a reality check also

I purchased the Ferrari instantly, but the Porsche Club, the BMW M2, I passed on those. I limit my expenses as best I can but try to never complaign about a price point set by creators. If you want me to make the car, I'd have to take up that toothpik hobby mentioned above. I'm not gonna complain about the price of content that is, in any way, providing me entertainment. Heck, you could buy 3 cars just by skipping popcorn next time you go to a movie. (oh and this is a generic reply, in no way intended or un-intended to reply to Gasper as I totally respect his cheap a$$ opinion! ) ;)

ye in a way you are right but why do the same people always complain about the price and why they tell every time that they wont buy it , if you wont buy it then just dont say anything . S397 ACC iracing AMS they al spend money in creating cars , laserscanned tracks etcetera and always the same people complaining about it . What you expect that al those companies work for free and spend their money to give people like that everything fo FREE , you work for free too ?
so you need a reality check also

No i dont need a reality check thanks. I dont complain (although think £5 per car is a lot) but also dont bother buying it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 59 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.8%