rF2 | Portland Released, GTE Updated And More

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have dropped a sizeable new update for some content within rF2 - as well as finally adding the free Portland International Raceway circuit!

That's right, after a considerable amount of time in the works since it was first announced many moons ago, rF2 racers now have access to the lovely Portland International Raceway within the sim - complete with all the latest shader technology, and it's free!

As well as Portland, other highlights from the last 24 hours include a revised and updated Silverstone, plus many changes and updates to the various GTE specification cars following the successful Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans event.

rFactor 2 Update Details:

Cars

Aston Martin Vantage GTE v1.55

• New minimum rear ride height of 50mm
  • Reworked and adjusted aerodynamics (mainly higher sensitivity to ride height changes)
  • Fixed high oil temperature threshold for engine lifetime calculations
  • Higher maximum differential preload
  • Longer engine longevity at higher rpms
  • Corrected fuel density (for internal fuel mass calculations)
  • Reduced engine braking
  • Small adjustments to anti-stall logic (used when auto clutch aid is enabled)
  • Radiator cooling options are now visible as steps in the pit menu
  • Increased damper travel to allow more suspension compression before hitting the bump stop
  • Increased maximum packer stack thickness to 60mm
  • Increased brake disc lifetime
  • BoP adjustments to weight engine power and fuel tank capacity
  • Adjusted fuel consumption
  • Fixed loading error when position light upgrade set to OFF
  • Adjusted car inertia
  • New default setup
  • Added 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual Liveries
  • Updated in-car dash

BMW M8 GTE v2.05
  • Reworked and adjusted aerodynamics (mainly higher sensitivity to ride height changes)
  • Reduced engine braking
  • Increased damper travel to allow more suspension compression before hitting the bump stop
  • Adjusted car inertia
  • New default setup

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE v2.45
  • Reduced engine braking
  • Adjusted car inertia
  • New default setup
  • Updated in-car dash

Ferrari 488 GTE v1.55
  • Fixed gear ratios for standard package
  • Reduced maximum differential preload torque
  • Adjustments to standard aero package
  • Increased engine lifetime
  • Adjusted gear change delays
  • Adjusted car inertia
  • New default setup
  • Updated in-car dash

Porsche 991 RSR GTE v2.45
  • Reduced engine braking
  • Adjusted car inertia
  • New default setup
  • Updated in-car dash

Oreca LMP2 v2.17
  • New default setup
  • Updated in-car dash

Tracks

Silverstone v2.02

• Full update to all latest shaders and techniques on all materials
  • Complete overhaul of terrain, road and foliage materials
  • Added Endurance layout with extra lighting at night
  • Added Historic Chicane layout using alternate Stowe Chicane and old pits
  • Adjustments to various curbs for accuracy
  • Added many extra objects and replaced generic props with newer assets
  • Revised advertisements
  • Added outer terrain and replaced static horizon
  • Added Digital Flags
  • Optimized collision meshes

Portland International Raceway v0.91
  • All new version of Portland with full PBR

In other rFactor 2 news, the studio have also released the livery pack used in the recent virtual Le Mans 24 Hour event, which will be free to users who own the content within the sim.

... and if you don't own the content, now is a good time, as rFactor 2 recently launched their Steam Summer Sale, with plenty of discounts included!

Original Source; Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the sim? Start a thread in the rFactor 2 sub forum and let our community offer you the benefit of their massive combined experience.

Portland Header.png

There was a ferris wheel indeed there in 2018.

When? A track day? A club race?

Silverstone when the big races aren't on doesn't have ferris wheels or video screens all around it.

My point is this jazzing up around the tracks with ferris wheels and video screens is all a bit DiRT3 and Shift2...
If you like that sort of thing great, good for you.
For me i feel they are stupidly trying to play to a different crowd and it will fail MASSIVELY, the beauty of RF2 is that it follows its own path with it's own type of player...

If it's trying to please the types who like the look of PCars3 and GRID and driveclub etc they will get blown out of the water.

Summer sale useless for those who already have part of the DLCs, I wanted to buy one or two tracks at a discount and not pay again for packages that I already have items. Very disappointing campaign for users of the simulator.

True because i like to complete my sims with all the content available, Completed Raceroom instead because they know how to setup a sale for a new and current player base.

Currently the Endurance pack, the GT3 pack and the Reiza pack are all great deals, IMO. It's not that they're without flaws, but still great deals overall.

well, I finally bought the game. The DLCs that really interest me are the FE cars and tracks and Le Mans. As for the GT cars, I’ll see. I already have GT content in ACC, AC, Raceroom...

This,
Really hope S397 can provide sale on individual items, no sense in buying the packages as we would be paying for what we already own twice.
Anyways, I have been enjoying multi-class races in Rf2 lately, thanks for the devs for continuing to push this platform forward
True because i like to complete my sims with all the content available, Completed Raceroom instead because they know how to setup a sale for a new and current player base.
Only the new packs are on sale, so if you have some content already, it means you are paying twice. I was hoping for individual discounts to get Le Mans.

Just joined an online LeMans race, 41 racers twas well excited.....
All AI :p

RaceRoom I've also recently noticed is a ghost town on their ranked servers. Think everyone is playing ACC, GT4 will kill all competition unfortunately :(

Great update! I LOVE having the LM24 skins and Silverstone and Portland look damn good!
I was neglecting rF2 mainly because the graphics keep looking older and older specially compared to the more recent sims, but with this new update I remember why rF2 is one of the best sim experiences available.

also a great side effect of the update I finally have a sharp looking rearview mirror on my LMP2!

I haven't played rF2 for a while, so how do I know which DLC Iv'e purchased ? Any other game in my Steam Library if I click on a DLC it will say , this DLC is already in your Library. rF2 maybe , not sure, but it looks like they will allow you to purchase the same DLC item, multiple times? Is this so?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%