• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

rF2 | Portland Released, GTE Updated And More

safi hellie

100RPM
Jul 18, 2019
There was a ferris wheel indeed there in 2018.
When? A track day? A club race?

Silverstone when the big races aren't on doesn't have ferris wheels or video screens all around it.

My point is this jazzing up around the tracks with ferris wheels and video screens is all a bit DiRT3 and Shift2...
If you like that sort of thing great, good for you.
For me i feel they are stupidly trying to play to a different crowd and it will fail MASSIVELY, the beauty of RF2 is that it follows its own path with it's own type of player...

If it's trying to please the types who like the look of PCars3 and GRID and driveclub etc they will get blown out of the water.

Bambeakz

10RPM
Sep 23, 2017
Summer sale useless for those who already have part of the DLCs, I wanted to buy one or two tracks at a discount and not pay again for packages that I already have items. Very disappointing campaign for users of the simulator.
True because i like to complete my sims with all the content available, Completed Raceroom instead because they know how to setup a sale for a new and current player base.

Reactions: jlnprssnr

AusWillis

25RPM
Premium
Dec 15, 2017
Looks like I will do the same, gotta admit I was a bit disappointed in the way they set up their sale

BSH

50RPM
Premium
Oct 28, 2015
This,
Really hope S397 can provide sale on individual items, no sense in buying the packages as we would be paying for what we already own twice.
Anyways, I have been enjoying multi-class races in Rf2 lately, thanks for the devs for continuing to push this platform forward
True because i like to complete my sims with all the content available, Completed Raceroom instead because they know how to setup a sale for a new and current player base.
Only the new packs are on sale, so if you have some content already, it means you are paying twice. I was hoping for individual discounts to get Le Mans.

thepharcyde

1000RPM
Nov 1, 2015
Just joined an online LeMans race, 41 racers twas well excited.....
All AI :p

RaceRoom I've also recently noticed is a ghost town on their ranked servers. Think everyone is playing ACC, GT4 will kill all competition unfortunately :(

Apr 12, 2010
Great update! I LOVE having the LM24 skins and Silverstone and Portland look damn good!
I was neglecting rF2 mainly because the graphics keep looking older and older specially compared to the more recent sims, but with this new update I remember why rF2 is one of the best sim experiences available.

also a great side effect of the update I finally have a sharp looking rearview mirror on my LMP2!

Sean Smith

250RPM
Premium
Dec 6, 2008
I haven't played rF2 for a while, so how do I know which DLC Iv'e purchased ? Any other game in my Steam Library if I click on a DLC it will say , this DLC is already in your Library. rF2 maybe , not sure, but it looks like they will allow you to purchase the same DLC item, multiple times? Is this so?